transporting a car from Boston to Florida | FerrariChat

transporting a car from Boston to Florida

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by garysp7, Jul 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Who offers the best service for bringing a Ferrari down in an enclosed motor coach where I do not have to worry about damage with loading, transport, and unloading? What kind of costs am I looking at?
    I will only be present for the unloading.
    Thanks
    Gary

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #2 ghost, Jul 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. GaryA

GaryA Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Full Name:
    Gary Almond
    Gary,

I've transported many cars for members of this forum and would love to help you out. I have a 24' enclosed car trailer and have a great reputation. Check out some of these links:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=386055&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=385740&Search=true#Post386055

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18383

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=406428&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Gary&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=406428&Search=true#Post406428

And I've gained a certain amount of notoriety for a unique trailer camera system that allows me to keep an eye on the car while I'm transporting it. The following link shows pictures of my setup:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=385627&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Feel free to call me at 240-994-1343 to discuss your transport needs.

4. Frank328

Frank328 Rookie

May 14, 2004
    I recently purchased a car from Ferrari of New England. They used Horseless Carriage to ship to Ft Lauderdale. Car arrived earlier than expected. No problems.

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Exotic Car Transport is located in Florida (Orlando) and usually have great rates. Ther eis also Precious Metal. They do this run weekly and have great rates. Shipped both and on that run would go either way. Precious unfortunately does not ship east west yet.

6. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    WOW -- NEVER EVER USE INTERCITY!!!!! THEY LIE, THEY DAMAGE CARS, THEY WELSH ON FIXING THEM!!!!!

i'll never use intercity again after they damaged my last GT3, said they'd fix and refused to respond after i sent the photos they asked for. besides being the SLOWEST line around.

Gold Rush is pretty fast & good: 704.799.2890

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    In all honesty, this is the first negative thing I've seen written about Intercity Lines. Damaging cars is the fault of the driver, but to welsh on fixing it after photo's are provided. Hmmm, that's not good. :(

What's the full story.

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    bob sellers seems good until something goes wrong. i had a one decent transport with them before on my 2nd Gt2. i believe they want multi-trip volume business not individuals.

i wrote him 5 times after he requested the photos, not even the courtesy of a response. driver damaged rf wheel and body, presumably hitting vertical skid plate on ramp. driver also removed paperwork from car. and drivers are the company, not an excuse.

gold rush is faster by far in pick up, transport time and mellower to deal with.... just MHO. they brought out 2 of my gt2's one from MD and one from FL. i only move 3-5 cars a year but they're my favourite cross country.

in SCA for 1000 miles or so, we use Ed the Tow guy with single car transport, excellent drivers and superb equipment

9. Jammin'

Jammin' Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    DC Burb
    Full Name:
    Robert Patch
    I've got a car in transit with Dependable Auto Shippers. They've already chipped the paint loading it. I'm on pins and needles waiting to get it home.

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    At the risk of repeating after myself over and over again...."Gary Almond is a true custodian of his reputation".

Gary transported my 360 from FL to KC with less than 24 hours notice. Next month, he will transport my 360 to Chicago for major service.

11. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    Do not use Dependable Auto Shippers. I had a bad experience with them. Also they broker with other companies. You never know who will pick up your car. I recently used Exotic Car Transporters out of Orlando. Enclosed vans with lift gates. All vans are company owned. Picked up car on time, delivered it on time in perfect condition, rates are competitive. Highly recommended. I understand that they do all of the transports for the Collier Museum in Naples.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Tom, what's wrong! Just the 30K "speciale," or something a little more serious?

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Exotic Car Transport is who i used last year when i bought my 328 in southern florida and had it shipped up to chicago. The truck driver was great and they were VERY muticulas about my car too. In fact when they got the car from the dealer, they went over it with a fine tooth comb to note any flaws or damage before they shipped and when they delivered it, the driver and i went over the car again. It was an enclosed trailer. Would recomend and the price was very reasonable, i think it was around $1,000....

Exotic Car transport is in Orlando, thier number is 1-800-766-8797.

14. Jammin'

Jammin' Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    DC Burb
    Full Name:
    Robert Patch
    Well, when I was looking, I hadn't really clued in to this web site yet and the seller had used DAS when he purchased the car 3 years before. First Ferrari and all, you know.

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Hey Vic, don't be alarm....(thanks for caring, my friend). She is still so sweeet!!!! I needed to have a second set of key+remote reprogramed since the car came with only one set and yes, it'd suck really baaaaad if I were to lose it. Unfortunately, only Ferrari Authorized can reprogram it since I can't seem to locate the key code (the car came w/ all books and record except the dang...code).

I figure since I go through the expenditure of shipping it, I might as well get the major service done (perhaps a year and 10000miles too early but oh well...sooner rather than later).

How is your beautiful 355 running, buddy?

16. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have to recommend Gary Almond. He has transported for me in the past, and has been flawless. He is on his way to Cauley Ferrari as I type this, to pick up a Stradale. I know Gary from the Viper world. He is a car guy, and would leave nothing to chance.
    After years of being a number to the large companies it is nice to deal with someone that knows what he is doing, and cares about the customer.
    Tom

17. Jammin'

Jammin' Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    DC Burb
    Full Name:
    Robert Patch
    Next time. He's pretty local to me too (DC area).

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Lovely. Can't get enough of her! :D Now if only the NYTS weather would clear up...

19. Jammin'

Jammin' Rookie

Jun 27, 2004
    DC Burb
    Full Name:
    Robert Patch
    I received my car today transported by Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) from Tampa to Rockville, MD. They chipped the paint, left the drivers window down 2", the carpet was wet and mildewed, the battery was dead, it was stuck in gear and had mud spray on it from being driven who knows where? They picked it up on schedule and delivered it a week ahead of schedule. The agent was always helpful and pleasant. I feel like my daughter went out on a date and came home with her dressed ripped, crying. I would just like this to part of the searchable record for those looking for information on shippers.

20. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck

This is why I started my company!!!!

Call me if I can help.