Re-modeled 355 | FerrariChat

Re-modeled 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by TigerAce, Jul 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    #1 TigerAce, Jul 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After enjoying 2 month of open air, my car has grown to be a coupe!

It is much settled & w/out any locomotion now, and I like it! Not worrying about weather also helps when I go out for all day, too. Coupe just fits me better as practical Ferrari for me.

F1 systems is much better than I expected, too. I do still struggle to turn off the engine sometime, but I can live with it.

I just love the color combo of this car, silver exterior w/ black interior. Ferrari silver is just so pleasant to my eyes. The exhaust note is just wonderful, too. Challenge grill in the rear even looks good. Personally I don't care for the color for brake calipers, but red does look nice accent.

Sorry for blah, blah, blah.

Thanks Jim M (writerguy) for taking pics. I was thinkinig about doing, but haven't done so yet after 2weeks of switching a car, and you do so much better! Also many thanks for people who gave me some input to make a switch. Again, Terry & Jonathan of Lambo of Dallas did wonderfully, too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations. You switched into the 355B...from what?

3. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I believe Yoshi had a 328 GTS prior to this. Is that correct?

I like the 355b. I had a 348ts prior and I don't miss the removeable top all that often. Especially since I would have to leave it at home in order to fit in the car. The sun beating down on my noggin would get old after a while. I enjoy convertibles and targas at night best.

Congrats on the new ride. A great color for sure!

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Ahhh....Yoshi... beautiful!!! :)

I see you stuck with the 8 and didn't move to the 12... don't worry, there's still time...hehe

I just love the way the 355Berlinettas look - and that exhaust tone... music to my ears!

Byron

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Actually, Yoshi had the red 328 shown below.

Then traded it in April for the red 355 Spider below.

Then traded it in June (early July?) for the 355 coupe above.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Wowzers! That's a lot of Ferrari swapping. Forza!

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've got to admit, after riding in Yoshi's car today, the coupe idea is growing on me. It was so comfortable. And fast. And sounded great. And had an A/C that worked well.

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thanks Tillman for posting pics on my prior F's! I do miss 328GTS a lot (although I wouldn't trade for 355B, naturally)

Thanks Jimpo for kind words (but it IS true)

Spider just didn't fit my lifestyle.

1st, you get a lot of attention when you were at stops, people asking me questions, challenging me to race, flashing what seems to be boobs (well, just once!), 1 stranger lady sitting in my car when I came out from a store, some driver following me to gas station, etc.

2nd, you gotta worry about weather, as I got hit by storms twice. I had to make a stop to avoid much rain. The weather could be nice in a morning, but could turn into storm later. I didn't want to pay weather forecast to ride the car for a day.

3rd, spider is just different world of driving enjoyment, and a coupe just felt more comfortable & practical for ME. Like Vincent posted, some of you can understand the heat you need to withstand in hot climate like Texas. Coupe is just all around car! And stylewise, I preferred coupe after getting spider. My previous 355 spider was a good buy for a gentleman who bought it after me (even though it has some flow) Basically everything was done to look like new!

So here're something other buyers may want to consider when you are in doubt for spider or coupe. Now, if you have multiple Ferrari, you don't have to worry : )

Byron beat me to get 12's, but I'm watching out for 550 or 512M still. (they both have to come down in price!)

After today's drive, "Check Engine" light lit up, so the car is at Lambo of Dallas now. I just want the car to get ready for Evo school next week!

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    By the way, I was told that there is only 1 Ferrari Silver w/ black interior F355 (I forgot he said F1) in Dallas area. To me, this could be second or third popular combo, so it was surprise.

Does anyone or anyone you know have this combo of F355 F1?

I wish I could set up a poll for popular color combo, but I just don't know how and not willing to read instruction.....

10. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    that looks great

11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    looks good I haven't really missed the pop top since I got the 348tb

12. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yoshi-----

Just returned from being out of the country for biz....and learned you traded your 355 Spider already? Man, you are just as bad as I am (or as good....). Congrats, guy. She looks great.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I had that colour combo in my 1997 F355 6 speed. It's the best colour on a 355.

14. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Just got back from Portland, OR today. I saw dark color 360 at the PDX airport, and thought it could be the member from F-chat.

Sherpa, we're biased, and we have good taste!

Tom, how's your 360? I will try to stay w/ this 355 for while, but if anything good comes along...... The problem is I don't know what I really want!

Thanks for kind words, an032nv & sparta49.

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yoshi,

Thanks for asking, guy. The 360 is simply amazing. I love her, man!!!!
    Your 355s, both previous and current are beautiful. I love them, too...Like you, I want them all......lol.

Tom,