New wheels for my 456GT | FerrariChat

New wheels for my 456GT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bmyth-FDC, Jul 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey everyone!!

I just got new wheels for my 456GT... they are custom wheels from Kinesis Motorsport in Vista, CA. Thanks to the everyone there (Peter, Alan, Nicole, Todd, Robert) who made the entire process so pleasant! Special thanks to Alan Bayliss for taking extra time to making my order perfect!! If anyone is interested in getting wheels from them, just let me know and I will give you the contact info.

The wheels I got are 19" K19R's (19x9 and 19x11), with titanium anodized/polished centers, fully polished lips, and matching custom polished center caps with cloisonne ferrari inserts. I chose to go with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's to go with the wheels.

I love them... I thought I would share with all of you... btw, my player's run stickers are still on the car...I thought they looked pretty cool in the shots... but sadly they will be coming off soon.

The pictures are located here (in 800x600 resolution):
    http://www.ferraridrivingclub.com/downloads/

Cheers,
    Byron

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Hi Byron,
    Looks pretty sharp. What else are you planning to do?

How was Player's Run? Hope you had wonderful time.

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Thanks, Yoshi!... Maybe brake upgrades? :) Ahhh, the list never ends...
    The run was amaziing - I had a phenomenal time. Props go out to Markus and his team!!

Do you think the gap looks too big? I'm not sure if it is worth lowering...

B.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Yeah, I did notice the gap first when I saw your pics. But it's just up to your preference & driving habit.

So 12 cylinder is treating you well over 8 cylinders? (hehehe)

5. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    Awesome wheels Byron!! They really suit the car. On the lowering, yes, I think a 1 to 1-1/2 inch all-around would look good to fill the wheel wells, although if you have clearance a more drastic lowering (sort of 360 challenge-ish) might look even better! But then you have the associated lowered car hassles and possible rubbing... I do think it would look good though. Maybe a poll is in order.

-Kevin

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Those wheels look great on your car Byron! The color matches great with the paint on your car. Looks great!

7. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Byron:

Sweet wheels, gives me some good ideas for my 456.

Will you post the tire sizes and wheel offsets? When and if you decide to lower the car, keep me posted on your choice off coils, height adjustment and any wheel aligment/camber requirements.

Hope to see you soon,

Mark

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Mark,
    No problem.

Wheel size:
    19x9 FRONT +41
    19X11 REAR +28

Tire size:
    255/35ZR19 FRONT
    295/30ZR19 REAR

I'll let you know if I decide to lower the car. If you wanted to get into similar wheels, let me know. Otherwise, I have a few other ideas that I was toying with that I'll share with you - after all, I already made the color considerations! ;)

Byron

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice Byron, Congrats!

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Nice wheels Byron. Greets from the NY crew

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  12. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    smooth as buttuz byron smooth indeed

13. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    Looking Good......

14. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    very nice byron ... that's bad @ss - the meanest 456 i've seen yet.

15. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Byron,

Did Kinesis do the titanium or did you have to have it done elsewhere?

Also - why did you choose kinesis over fikse, etc.? I am looking for wheels myself and your input is valued.

--Dan

16. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Great looking wheels Byron.........the 19's fit nicely up in there. If you lower the car, how far would you go? Full suspension work or just lowering springs?

Kz

17. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Definitely adjust those coilovers Byron!!!! Lose that wheel gap, and that is one fine 456!!

18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Dan, to answer your question - I was introduced to the guys at Kinesis through a friend of mine who had several sets made from them... after talking to them, I got a good feeling. When I visited their corporate site, I spoke with the president for awhile, just shooting the breeze about cars and auto design... what an enthusiast! Bottom line, I wanted to do business with a company that felt more like a family to me...

Oh btw, the titanium anodizing and polishing was all done by Kinesis (I'm not sure if they do it in-house or if they sub-contract it out, but I think they did a pretty good job!)

And yes, I think a slight drop would be in order - maybe 1". I'm going to see if my coil-overs can be adjusted... if it is way too involved and a full suspension is in order, I may just have to hold off for awhile... it's not too high as it is - driving it around, I don't notice any negative change in performance.

Byron

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    I may be "Johnny-come-lately" but heh, nice wheels! Great color too. And I also agree with most that you need to reduce the gap in the wheel wells.

I noticed Kenesis is in Vista ... HRE is in Vista too - did you talk to them as well?

I'm interested in shodding my car with new alloys soon and I sure like the results you have now - I was leaning towards the HREs, but now I may reconsider.

Again, congrats!