Changes coming to C&C? | FerrariChat

Changes coming to C&C?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by DaveGee, Jan 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaveGee

DaveGee Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    Anyone else heard that changes are coming soon to Cars and Coffee? Possibly no cars allowed that are newer than 1978 unless the owner has a "car of interest" and has made arrangements in advance to be admitted?

Time to start looking for a new venue again...

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems strange. That'd cut out most of the F-cars for example. I'd like to hear what one of the organizers have to say?

3. f355jimv

f355jimv Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hope that does not happen but I have not heard anything.

4. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    I find every Ferrari a car of interest ... (and Corvettes :) )

G

5. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Tom, you on here???

6. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    I haven't heard anything specific like that but the sad truth is that on busy days, dozens of deserving cars have to park elsewhere because there are too many everyday runners in the main lot. As much as I like modern muscle and hot hatches, those two groups can fill half the lot when they come as a group. Just like in the old days of Crystal Cove if you have a group showing up for your own mini meet, I think you should park together outside the main show. Otherwise you squeeze out many of the regulars or folks with a more interesting vehicle. Sure your Evo might be fast and fun, but two dozen of them parked together is just a row to skip for many of the showgoers. New Mustangs, MINIs, VWs, Supras, WRX/STi, Chargers, Challengers, etc are cool when new and fun to drive, but they aren't show cars unless they are really special examples. We want to see classics, supercars, hot rods, race cars and exotics in the show lot.

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    They should just do a nightclub doorman deal. Line up at the velvet ropes & see if you are cool enough to gain entry. If you are driving a not so special car, & your first attempt fails, you can always try slipping a handshake in ;).

8. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think this is a very good idea!! Now a days you have to get there before 7 to get a spot. I dont have any idea what time the corral and first couple rows have to get there by, anyone know by chance? I just hope it doesnt turn into what we've heard at VCR, and I think this is a step in the right direction.

9. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Large groups(4+ like cars arriving together) should have to book the coral. That way it can be decided in advance if they meet the criteria of appealing to most people. I'm sure trying to turn these guys around would be fun if they just show up. ;)

11. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    I'm all for quality over quantity!

I like the velvet rope idea - or some variation thereof.

I'd rather see a half empty parking lot with all 10's - than a parking lot full of 5's.

Much similar to when I attend certain night establishments ;-) - it's all about quality!

12. f355jimv

f355jimv Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    As for the main lot filling up, I have seen it full by 7:15AM during the summer. During the winter, that time can be pushed back based on the weather.

13. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    The same situation prevails at Supercar Sunday at VCR in the San Fernando Valley especially on the last Sunday of the month. An even greater problem and a threat to the meet is the idiots who make wild burnouts and speedruns exiting the lot. A little noise is fine but when some idiots are out of control one of the near misses will turn into an accident and we will lose the site for the event due to public pressure. The main offenders seem to be Hot Rods rather then sports cars leaving the south driveway.

14. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I think they already "weed" out cars when there is a special event. I remember I went to C&C on a BMW event day, while other cars in front of me was waved to park at another lot I was allowed in with my Ferrari.

15. Ferrari4evr

Ferrari4evr Rookie

Jan 4, 2009
    91765, CA
    Full Name:
    Rush
    +1, quality over quantity!

Lol, that's not a bad idea! :-D

16. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    i definately agree with you!! at c&c i prefer to take pictures and videos of more classic and exotic cars..or nice muscle cars..there's always the other lot for the guys in their s4 hatchbacks or for the stangs, evos, sti's, and not so special vettes, etc...

17. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    I do not totally agree with a "ban" on later model cars. Although new and stock, many are very interesting such as the Alfa 8C, Veyron, Gumpert Apollo, Enzo (of course!!!) even the ZR-1's. I drive a crappy old 550M and it is just another Ferrari in a sea of F-cars with no real serious mods. It's bound to be very difficult to sort out who gets in or not. Admittedly a group of stock EVO-X's may not be interesting to most of us (one could argue that you could just go to a Mitsubishi dealership and see the same thing) but the guys that modify them are no less gear heads than those with more "special" cars. I know of an 800 HP NSX that may be at the show this weekend and personally I think that is just as interesting as many of the cars out there. It's going to be a tough call.
    JC

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Since this happens EVERY week, I'm sure there will be an opportunity for anyone to showoff their ride. If it is limited to only certain type of cars, I doubt you will have enough cars out there to keep this event packed every week.

19. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    JC, since when have you started regarding your F car as "crappy" and since when do you believe the F cars are a common place. Oh! I forget. We live in SoCal and 70% of all F cars in North America happen to be here. Isnt that the reason that Enzo etal have honored California recently by naming a car after our beautiful state. Should we not be more appreciative of this.

20. numisrx

numisrx Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 4, 2007
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    +1

I think Adil is right, with an F-car you will almost always get past the rope, and the guys doing burnouts etc. would get known and turned away.

21. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    360 Blue, you pretty much paraphrased it right. In So Cal and at the various car shows F-cars are pretty popular. My comment is a bit light hearted of sarcasm. I have often thought of selling the car but then I get in and rip through a canyon and remember why I got it (ADD has its disadvantages I suppose). Believe me I am totally appreciative of not only the amount of Ferrari's in So Cal but perhaps even more importantly, the car culture in So Cal that defines the car industry as a whole despite the states efforts to vilify those that love cars and the culture. This the exact reason I am a bit skeptical of the restrictions on cars allowed to enter the display area. Regardless of vehicle, age of the vehicle or the type of vehicle, we are all gearheads.

Maybe a sign that says something like "Really, Really Special Cars Area". See you Saturday. I think its going to be a great weekend as opposed to the mess last Saturday.

JC

22. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #22 koisokok, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    funny, because these days the younger crowed will take the merc,..cost twice as much, so which one do i bring?..to me i still love my 400i...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You Sir, "get it". The majority of the replies to this thread reek of elitist nonsense and constitute a dumpster load of fail.

24. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    Steve, I think you have misunderstood what's going on in the car shows ( VCR or C&C) every w/e. More and more groups are arriving and making it difficult for a fair participation by others which happen to include exotics but not exclusively so. All we are saying is that a large club presence that sidelines others need better management, thats all. Furhtermore,elitism aside, all cars are not created equal and that is my point of view. Adil.

25. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #25 TestShoot, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    It would not be where it is today if it were a muscle car or JDM meet. There are tons of those, and the people that want to see those go there. Vettes, BMW, JDM, Stangs, MBZ... you can see these any day in a mall parking lot. C&C has all the feel of a mall parking lot too.

One of the reasons I stopped going were the common cars flooding the spaces. I truly hope that they do start having quality control, maybe I'll make the trip down and maybe some of the old CC gang will start popping up again too. It does not have to do with the age, but it is a good excuse to turn away the BMW/Mini/Stang/Cobrakit meets that these have become.

edit: I also miss the fun "prankster" atmosphere we had.