360 front license plate bracket | FerrariChat

360 front license plate bracket

Discussion in '360/430' started by thomas_b, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    I got a Correction Notice to fix my front license plate. In WA not having a front license plate is a moving traffic violation. Find more about this here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20769

So I wanted an way to attach the front plate without drilling holes to pass an inspection and avoid the ticket. I also wanted to be able to detached / attach it quickly for track days; just in case.

Innovative Audio http://www.innovativeaudio.com/ did design a solution for me.

The bracket attaches to the screws that hold the underbody – no drilling – it has some padding on the back to avoid scratching the paint – it is designed in a way that acts as a spring to keep it from vibrating

this is the ultimate over engineered bracket I am sure!

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    the final view

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Very cool. Now only if you could arrange to have it automatically move into place when you push a button. "Officer, seriously I don't know what you're talking about. Take another look........"

4. mustgofaster

mustgofaster Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    West Lakeland, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I like it, only if you have to of course. I have thought that you could devise some kind of a magnet to adhere the plate to the cover without any damage.....just a thought. I hate front plates :(

5. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    hey that's pretty nifty...
    not a bad idea..

but i do like the push of a button, flipping the license plate idea better...
    i believe the Corevette's have them.

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    It is a great design! I was ticketed for the same reason and got it fixed and took it off afterwards. I hate the look of having anything on the bumper to obstruct the view from the front. I like this design, especially if no drilling is required. They will make a killing selling this to the 360 owners.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Great solution, STUPID laws.

8. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    sweet!! do you think they would sell me one of those sets? how much does it cost? is it easy to install?

9. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    I am sure they want to sell you one :)

call (425) 498 7000 and ask for Hugo - I also included the Web adress in my initial post, which has contact info

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    great invention.

i just got my front plate bracket drilled out of my 360M bumper yesterday. hated the front plate.

how much is this bracket invention?

11. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    Ouch Hubert...so does that mean your car now has 2 holes in the front bumper =( crap...

12. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i emailed hugo and asked. just got the reply. $268 ouch!

13. corvettes have a nice design the plate is behind that plastic cover so in a way you have a front plate.

14. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    front plates look terrible and i think the bracket looks terrible to those two black bars shooting upwards looks terrible
    usualy if a cop pulls me over believe it or not i say sorry officer but the truth is i never take this car out of my garage and i am bringing it to a detail shop or if its at night ai say afriends house and to tell you the truth i am not about to drill two holes in this bumper. Usaully he agrees with me and lets me go but since i tinted the windshield ,that is not the case he says its one or the other tinted wind shield ticket or plate ticket i usually take the windshield ticket. But i have a lawyer on retainer and that ticket gets disgaurded anyway.

15. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    $268 is cheap compared to the $10,000 price hit you'll take if you drill holes in the bumper for a normal bracket... - Tim

16. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There should be exemption laws for exotics & collectible cars.

17. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    several people pinged me - Innovative Audio went out of business, i.e. the above number is dead

you can try the FoS parts department instead (206) 329 7070 – they just finished a copy of mine for another customer; it looked even better - I love perfect welds

18. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Here in the UK, we have to have front license plates. Or else. These are usually fixed with double-sided adhesive pads from hardware stores. They're pretty strong and resistant to water, though you can remove with pressure and a bit of heat. Won't this work in your case?

19. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i rarely get hassled for not having a front plate where i live (near los angeles). but if/when i do i think the double sided adhesive pads is a good idea to at least temporarily affix a license plate to the front bumper. but the cops in the LA area just seem to have a "bad attitude" and they may or may not be satisfied with the temporary nature of this solution. remember, the cops over here are the ones that beat the crap out of people that piss them off unlike those friendly bobbies you have in jolly old england :) we have to be more careful out here or else!