Wrecked 360 on ebay - not for the squeamish | FerrariChat

Wrecked 360 on ebay - not for the squeamish

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevallino, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

jesus christ - the floorboards under the drivers seat looks like an accordian - gonna make for a very expensive parts car - thats about it.

3. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Is that blood on the airbags?!

4. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    I agree that this is just a parts car.........for those remaining good parts only.

However, it is being sold by a dealer........and he knows it is just a parts car. But, I think he is looking for some "sucker" who thinks that he can fix this thing!!!!!!!!.........he will probably find one.

I'll venture to guess, that the reserve, is at $50K!!!!!!!!!!!, at least!!!!!!!!!

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Oh my gosh, I think it is.

6. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    That does NOT inspire confidence, the passenger compartment isn't supposed to crumple. Look how the roof buckled... I'm not an expert obviously, but it doesn't look like that high speed of a crash judging by exterior damage, and thats a ridiculous amount of deformation and intrusion in the passenger compartment.

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I was thinking the same thing. That car did not hold together at all. I thought maybe it HAD to be a high speed crash for that type of damage. The fact that there is a possibility that there is blood on the airbags REALLY makes me nervous. I hope everyone is alright!

8. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Looks like they opened the windsheild with their heads, the reason for the blood, probably not wearing seatbelts.Could have been fatal.

9. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    driving like a maniac....looks like it, Drunk driving or something, but yah at least the engine is alright.

10. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Well my father recently had a bad crash, was hit on the drivers side front at about 80-100 kph and his car looked a hundred times worse than that after, completely crunched, wheels were wedged into the engine compartment, engine itself ripped apart, none of the doors would open after etc etc but the passenger compartment was maintained very well and he is completely fine altough he was knocked out. Comparing his car to that Ferrari, the 360 was hit at maybe 30-40ish mph I think, but I'm no expert by any means.

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Those Texans... :(

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    yikes looks like it was pretty bad. Hope no one was seriously hurt :(

13. GTRMagic

GTRMagic Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Hey Mr Dee Jay....
    Interesting ad... also strange the seller doesnt have a 100% record with ebay... plus the fact that you seem to be able to buy a warranty on a car as badly wrecked as that seems more than a little odd...

What would an engine/transmission package run to in price ex-factory?

I can just see someone with an Toyota MR2 or something similar snapping this up and building themselves a mongrel ;)

Hey, now there's an idea!!

Whadddya reckon about picking up this baby and transplanting its guts into a DeLorean DMC-12?? :):):) Wouldnt have any problems getting to 88 mph then!!!

14. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmmm, not good at all. From the look of the exterior, the crash doesn't seem too bad. But the inside picture looks very very bad.

Note the MASSIVE footwell intrusion, as well as the way the cabin floor has distorted upwards, displacing the seats. Quite frankly I can't understand how this happened without some exceptional factor being involved in the crash to cause this (I've seen 360's which have had frontal impacts before and they didn't look anything like this).

Of course it has to be noted that cars which don't have the engine in the front are more susceptible to cabin intrusion (as usually the engine aids in shielding the safety cell and absorbing alot of the impact).

Any theories on why the cabin floor distorted the way it did?

15. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I would guess (WAG - Wild Assed Guess) that the driver might have hit a steel post or some other blunt (unmoveable) object.

If you look at the 7th picture from the top, you'll notice that the driver's side wheel is ripped off, and you'll also notice the relatively good condition of the wheel itself.

This would lead me to believe (WAG) that he hit a post that cleaved the tire off at the suspension area. Such an inpact is certainly enough to do bad things to the passenger area. If not a post, but some other structure wherein the brunt of the force was borne by the front of the chassis near the driver's feet.

Just a WAG though.

16. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Yes, it appears there is blood on the airbags and several places on the seats. I would guess that who ever was piloting this was hurt badly at best, or is no longer breathing at worst. The condition of this car looks way too much like the interior of a friends car. I had to go clear his personal belongings out of it at the police impound. He died within 24 hours of his wreck, but the interior was in very similar shape.

Take a look at the drivers seat and note how it is twisted back and towards the passenger side. I would guess the driver suffered a head injury as the seat lifted in that direction, hence the smallish spot of blood on the passenger seat. What's wierd is that I would expect the damage to be most severe on the passenger side for the drivers seat to be bent towards that side. Very peculiar.

Anyone in Dallas know who this belonged to? I have no idea, but hope they are okay.

-ag

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Note the lack of space between the steering wheel and the seat bottom. I sure hope the driver survived. That floor damage scares the heck out of me.

The license plate comes back to a bank, not an individual.

18. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    The driver door was cut off. Sure didn't fall off.

Contrary to an earlier post, they are not trying to kid anyone into thinking it is repairable. The fact that they say "warranty available" is just an automatic option in their E-bay listing software.

I've never seen anything like that floor buckling the way it did. It's shocking. But it took a hard hit. I've been directly hit at 40mph by a tow truck, and it buckled the rear of my car...but not like that.

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Oh....My God!!!!!

A sobering remember next time I press my pedal to the medal..on my machine.

20. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I think the driver was seriously injured. And maybe the passenger too. First, the airbags, which is most likely blood. Also, look at the drivers seat, notice the blood lines and such on the side of it? I hope there ok now.

21. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    My guess would be the left front wheel skipped over something and the car came down on it under the floor boards buckling it upwards.
    I would like to see a pic. of the underside of the front.
    Sure hope the passengers were not hurt badly.

22. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im gussing he spun out a little, but I guess not on grass becuase i don't see any dirt ect. but for most damgae to be up front, but then there is also in the rear, prolly hit somethign and spun into a wall or something. wierd that the rear hatch window didn't break though. i hope everyone wears there seatbelts

23. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    There is some explaination under the Texas area on what story goes with this...