Pitt.Vintage GP pics | FerrariChat

Pitt.Vintage GP pics

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jul 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #1 turbos7903, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Still here but wanted to start a thread on the Pittsburgh vintage Grand Prix. This is a terrific event. 100's of cars on display. Shenely Park in center city is a terrific venue for this event. Thanks to Bill and Betty Ebert for putting together this WV high tour to this event.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    That new competition M3 is amazing, it will be nice to see some new cars compete against ferrari's and porsches.

Don't know what type of camera you have, but I recently picked up a 18-200mm lens for my nikon DSLR with VR (vibration reduction). Absolutely amazing how it works in low light environments. I've taken pictures all the way down to 1/8th of a sec that did not come out blurry at all. See here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-18-200mm-3-5-5-6-ED-IF-Zoom-Nikkor/dp/B000BY52NU/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216561246&sr=8-1

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Jon,

Please post more pics!!! :)

Bill

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for the pics!!!

Yes, more on the BMW!! I am sooooo hoping Team PTG gets back in the game with the new M3, they used to dominate hands down!

Robert

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
  6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #6 turbos7903, Jul 20, 2008
  7. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks for the pics Jon! It looks like a great time!

Jim

8. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    #8 whturner, Jul 20, 2008
    As well as the special club events, there were a lot of cars on the field (the the golf course). And there is shade to be found. I tooka few pictures of some young spectators (have to start them young) The pictures are of my judging team.

It is a great event and venue (the golf course and park) so that the cars can be scattered around.

I don't know if anyone knows how many Ferraris were there, a bunch were around the Club tent, but quite a few (like mine) in the general Italian Car area.

Graet place to hang out, even if not racing.

Cheers
    Warren

9. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Warren - thanks for the pics. Do you have any more of the Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale (metallic blue) behind the red 308? love that car - rarer than hen's teeth.

thanks!

10. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    No; sorry. I didn't know that car was so special. And, also, trying (even with their fathers help) to herd a pair of 2 1/2 year old car fanatics is a trip.

Cheers
    Warren

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jon, how dare you take a picture of yourself in front of an Argento Stradale! The nerve of some people...

Looks like you had fun! That ALMS M is a pretty fine piece.

12. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    #12 walnut, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
    My webshots gallery from the event Its a somewhat random collection. I always enjoy the show, but it was amazing to see so many F-cars and Lambos in the same place. I can't believe how much bigger the show has become than when I first went in 2001. Maybe I'll actually take the Lotus next year.

13. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    It's a nice event.

Even nicer that they run it so I can walk to it from my house.

This year was FAR FAR better then last year.

14. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rich,

Thanks for posting your pics. I'll have to make it up next year!!

Bill

15. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Karting

Jan 22, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Full Name:
    Arthur
    Wow Jon,

They're all great pics, but that one looking down the Duqesne incline brought back an EXACT memory/mind-view I have of looking down that one as I traveled up it with my dad as a young kid growing up in Pittsburgh, before we moved to West Chester. I never had a pic of that then, but boy does that one replicate my memory of it perfectly. Between Alex's pic of my 308 with a Boxer at C&C Starbucks, and your incline pic, I've sure had some cool computer wallpaper pics lately. Thanks for the pics, and sorry I missed you at the last couple of starbucks events I've been to.

Art

16. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Art, Glad this brings back good memories. It was my first time and it was fun. Listed in the book of 1001 things you must do before you die...Check that off!! Jon

17. guitarman19853

Oct 3, 2006
    Pittsburgh, Pa
  18. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    Good pics - thanks for posting them. I see you got one of my M3.

Alan

19. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    Great bunch of pictures - I don't see how you had the time. Thanks
    Warren

20. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Excellent pics!! Great race shots (especially at the end on page 7).

Bill

21. guitarman19853

Oct 3, 2006
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thanks, I've been going to this since I was probably 10. It was a good year this year. I enjoy photographing cars so taking all the pictures is just 2nd nature now. I still get to see everything there. My pictures are from both days.

Probably some of the most exciting racing happened on Sunday. After the freak wind and lightning storm I actually left but then turned around after getting into traffic. And I'm so glad I did. They will still race these cars in the rain and it makes for some very exciting racing. Unfortunately because of the rain, I did not have my camera out.

I'll take it noone got hurt or had their car's damaged on Sunday? I saw the tent next to the Italian tent collapse on top of the cars in it... But I don't think any other ones did. I know one of the poles came loose in tent with the Mercedes & Jag's and supposedly damaged a car.

If anyone want's any of the full res. shots let me know.

Estoril Blue: which M3 was yours? I love M3's and it will probably be my next car... Laguna Seca Blue, Comp. Package, 6-speed. If I can find one... That combination seems hard to find.

22. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008

It was this one: http://www.ryan-white.net/PVGP2008/DSCF5180.JPG

An LSB, ZCP Comp would have to be a BMW Individual Program car (custom paint) order since LSB was discontinued before ZCP came out. I've never heard of one existing regardless of transmission. I wouldn't be surprised if none exist. You will need extra luck in that search.

23. guitarman19853

Oct 3, 2006
    Pittsburgh, Pa