Ferraris, Ferraris, and More Ferraris - Roanoke VA (311) | FerrariChat

Ferraris, Ferraris, and More Ferraris - Roanoke VA (311)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by niphilli, Jun 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. niphilli

niphilli Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Today I met my parents and went down in the valley (southwest Virginia) for dinner. On my way we went through the scenic part of hwy 311 and passed a convoy of Ferraris. Must have been the Roanoke area Ferrari club.
    Two 550s, a few 355s, a yellow 360 Modena, older Magnum PI style...Probably 10-15 in all. It was a sight to see :) .

I personally think the 550/575 is some of the classiest most prestigious looking metal ever wrapped around an automobile frame.....The 355 is near and dear to my heart also.

There were two vettes before and after the convoy as well, not sure if they were included in the convoy.

-Nick

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Wow, really? My brother lives in Salem.

3. niphilli

niphilli Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Yep, 311 connects Salem to the Catawba valley, then Craig county. Some beautiful country.

4. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    "older Magnum PI style"??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nick, let us know when you're up in the DC area if you want to see/ride in more.

LS

5. niphilli

niphilli Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    You must forgive my vintage Ferrari ignorance :) .

Thanks for the invite! I will be working in the Harrisburg, PA area for the next few months and will visit a few of my friends in Crystal City pretty often. I will look you guys up!

6. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    That was probably the Mid Atlantic FCA folks...they were having a tour from Northern Virginia down to the Roanoke area this weekend. We went on last years and had a great time...could not make it this year.

7. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ

hehe, no problem, we can help you with that historical info.

Let us know when you're up in the DC area, we can all meet up for a drink or something.

BTW-My little sis knows what a 308 is and the different variations. :)

8. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Gee, maybe that is because she has a walking Ferrari encyclopedia for a brother!

9. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Some of the roads down there can be fairly crazy. If you take 81 down past roanoke and get on to 460 then 460 business in christiansburg you can turn off and take a road the twists and turns around everything up back toward roanoke.

Maybe they should plan a cruise down around there this fall when the VT car club does their car show and stop by, shock them all.

10. niphilli

niphilli Rookie

Jun 5, 2004
    Blacksburg, VA
    Will do

Yeah, there are some incredible roads down there. The same road that you are speaking of can be taken to an even more twisty road that meets up with the road (311) that I was talking about. I am going to miss that part of the country, no doubt about it.