roll cage in a 360 | FerrariChat

roll cage in a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Buttuz4eva, Jun 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    does anyone know where i can get a custom cage for the 360?

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Bradley,

with all the money your are throwing in to your 360 you might as well buy a new stradale and you will be ahead of the game. it has all the bells and whistles you want. did you call Tom yesterday?

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    yes. and thanks I do want the stradale but i hate F1 paddle's thats the only thing holding me back so maybe I make my 360 into a 6speed manual stradale?

4. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    http://www.ccferrari.com/Menu.html
    1007 South Elmora Avenue
    Elizabeth, NJ 07202
    (908) 352-3939
    Fax (908) 352-4043
    [email protected]

I talked to Rocco - he mailed me some pictures about an installation they did - looked like great work - unfortunately I am in Seattle :-(

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    My first 360 was a 6 speed as well and i thought i could never get away but after driving the F1 on the Stradale, i changed my mind.

6. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Alright then I will be testing yours out than. No for real I test drove a F1 and did not like it to much .it's not that I was no good at it but it just did not give me what I needed the feeling of manipulating the car

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    oh god ! what did i get myself into. not that i think about it the 6 speed is better.

8. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Now now Eli calm down you are getting the stradale remember just relax and take a breath you made the right choice . All of this uncertanty will go away once that car arrives and if it does not then I will trade you my 360 for your stradale.

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    it's different not better. the F1 is better IMO. it's only a matter of time until ferrari stops offering manual gearboxes. their two newest cars (CS and enzo) are strictly F1. you can see the writing on the wall...

10. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #10 Buttuz4eva, Jun 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    O.k. i called classic coach and I gotta say i am shocked they would charge some body 6 grand for a cage that only goes over the top and inback of the seats he tryed to tell me some bolonga how he had to make special brackets what a rip my friend makes custom cages for like 2 grand and they are like full roll cages. Anyway thanks for the info I had thought they might already have a bolt in cage you can buy it looks like I will have to have one made.

Here are some photos that they sent me if any one wants to spend 6 grand on 3 peices of pipe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #11 Buttuz4eva, Jun 3, 2004
  12. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #12 Buttuz4eva, Jun 3, 2004
  13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I am sure they charge that much because it took them like 2 days to stitch that Italian leather.

14. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    I love the work

There are several things you have to consider

- if you want a rollcage and not a rollbar you might look into the 360 Challenge version – however they are not street legal and a pain in day to day use – besides that you really have to mess around with the interior especially the dashboard

- you can buy the 360 Modena rollbar from F; see http://www.autocar.dk/ferrari.html for cost if you buy it with the car; not sure if you will get it through aftermarket dealers; but you can easily double the price if you find a supplier

- you can buy the tricked out ChallengeStradale rollbar, which is much lighter and you are talking around $4000; this does not include some of the trim and firewall cover pieces (e.g. the firewall carpet/cover costs $1000+ from F); besides that you can not get it

in all the above cases you have to have the rollbar installed – hopefully without messing up your car and the integrity to the rollbar

you ask for a “custom” rollbar; considering the work shown in the pictures and the crazy prices in the F world I am not as surprised as you about the cost

anyhow wait until you find out what the modification will cost you in re-sale value of your car ….

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Bradley, how much did FLI quote you on the stripes?

16. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i think it was like 400

I dont mind that even though a sticker is a sticker

but a roll bar 6 grand no f n way the challeng cage is like 3 grand and that thing is a insane roll cage nt a 3 point roll bar.

The challenge cage is a big deal one I do not want to deal with to much modifying the car i dont know anymore i guess i will just have a custom one built for for two g"s

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I don't think the one i saw at FLI had the sticker going into the hood. i might be wrong. you should also ask them about the cage of if you want i can find out for you when i speak with them.

18. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    THAT WOULD BE GREAT are you going to nyc to see the players run take off if you are we should go together I think it at 8am might be no good for you though.

19. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "considering the work shown in the pictures and the crazy prices in the F world I am not as surprised as you about the cost"

I agree - I'm impressed by what I see. I have spoken briefly to Rocco, and considered having his shop put a bar in my car. Can't tell from the photos whether/how 5 or six point harnesses integrate with the bar.

20. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    No i can't. its my wife's birthday . you know what that means!

21. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    What that you cant even look at your car that day let alone drive in it?

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I am not suprised either it just makes me a little mad thats all dont get me wrong its not like I cant afford to do it but lets face it none of us here got to be where we are today by pissing our money away. we made the correct discisions in our life to be able to buy these cars. And spending 700 dollars for a vinal sticker is a rip off and 6 grand for a roll bar is ludicris i can see spending 6 grand on a cage but a roll bar no way

My friend put in a full cage for the racers group porsche and he said that was only 5 grand and thats a full cage for a le mans car.

Can you honestly say that this roll bar wrapped in leather is worth 6 grand ?

I mean I can see it if its the leather from michael jacksons leather coat.

Or O.J.s glove that did not fit his hand .

23. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I actually know this car and the owner quite well. The finish of the work is excellent - a lot of the cost I think is for the carpet pieces to match with the roll bar. He's also had belts fitted and has used up 6 tires so far - 2 because when they were changed the dealer fitted them the wrong way round. NB this wasn't by FoNE who normally look after the car, but another dealer...

I personally wouldn't pay 6k for a roll bar in a CS, but if the factory option was available here, I would have bought it. Dumbass US laws I guess.

This from the person who paid 5.5K for a stripe. The stripe here is a sticker and doesn't look as nice as the factory one - esp since it doesn't finish off with a rounded end. It is however muuuch cheaper.

24. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    even though the factory stripe on the stradale is way too expensive i would have never forgiven myself if i had not ordered it. it is the perfect finishing touch on a fantastic car. i also agree with you in that i would have ordered a factory roll bar if it were an option for US cars :( why on earth would our government give a s*it if we wanted a roll bar in our car? we obviously have way more government control than is necessary...

25. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Hey Brad....u going to get that stripe sticker? i personally like it and might consider getting one.