Ferrari Miata | FerrariChat

Ferrari Miata

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TestShoot, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  2. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    You can send this to the factory website.

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    WTF.............? Here, use my .45 and SHOOT ME!

4. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    This is a shame, because the car looks to be nicely done. Why make it into something it's not?

*EDIT*
    Jimmy,
    Heckler & Koch...I've got wood just looking at it.

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    :)

Here is more:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/gallery.htm

(Look at the very bottom)

6. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Thats a "cute" car. To eachs own. It is a cute little car and it is nicely done.

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    a DAMN fast cute little car..if it hits 100 in 8 seconds, you can wave to the F50 next to you!

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  9. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    I'd buy that for a dollar !! --no, literally. :D

Seriously, something's wrong here (apart from the ghastly aesthetics). Check out these two lines :

OK, that bit about 0 to 60 mph in > (meaning over) 5 sec can be dismissed as a typo. But the other things just don't fit.

For example, what's this car's quarter mile (1320' or 400 meters) ET and trap speed ? It isn't stated. Interestingly, the 0 to 100 mph time is stated as 8 seconds. That seems a little on the low (fast) side given that the 0 to 60 mph time is "only" in the mid 4s. Remember, this car has a supercharger, not a turbocharger, so there's no lag issue, the pull should be the good through the rev range.

OK, even accepting that 8 second 0 to 100 mph time, that would lead me to believe this car is going to do a 1/4 mile in the high tens ! (at the slowest). That seems like a monster, I honestly don't see anything in the mods list to support that sort of power.

Of course, we can't really judge the power or torque since dyno figures have (?conveniently) been omitted.

The other curious thing, this low curb weight car with fairly good aerodynamics has a manual transmission and upgraded engine management (hence is not likely to be electronically limited). Now why should the max speed be "only" 138 mph. There's only two explanations for that, lowish horsepower (which the times quoted don't cohere with) and bad gearing. Either way, not a very impressive figure.

10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ferrari is one of the largest sports company all over the world with its Great F1 Team, and a huge toy and marketing company. Isn't this the same as a football fan putting Tampa Bay stickers on his car. Or maybe this kid has the worlds best HotWheel car collection.

Only a small number of people own Ferraris. But Ferrari sells its name brand products like crazy. This is fine, if ferrari wants to sell sun glasses, and perfumes, and flags....what can you expect if you create millions of fans?

Ferrari works hard to be a mass market company. The people that buy that stuff want to show it off.

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Seller stated: " I feel bad enough selling it so please do not bid if you do not plan on taking care of it. "

He should of felt BAD ENOUGH defacing the marque. We should all pool our money, buy the car and strip the Ferrari out of it..What a riced-out loser!

12. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Body kit in it's self doesn't look too bad, but leave off the emblems!! But the interior just doesn't cut it!

My bro-in-law has a '99 Miata, with some mods these are VERY nice cars....now that I sold my 308 I am looking at either a 914 or Miata; the aftermarket for Miata is hugh, and the reliability of Mazda in unsurpassed.

13. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Miatas are for girls, gay men, and grey haired club racers.

14. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a quote from the ad:

"This was a Miata that I took and converted into a Ferrari"

So..if I take some Ferrari emblems and glue them to my mountain bike, is that now converted into a Ferrari? Or would I have to bolt on a supercharger to that as well?

15. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    That's F'n horrible!
    I think I'm going to buy a Yugo GV, paste ferrari emblems imported from italy, and then sell it on ebay for $8k, and call it a ferrari.

16. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    #16 Bill Sawyer, Jun 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    Now this 275 looks to be much better than the other, which resembles no Ferrari that I'm aware of..

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yes, Bill. I remember this car. Mikey really likes it. Where can I get more info?

Dale

19. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I saw this car about 6 months ago. It was for sale at Fraser Dante in Roswell, GA. Here's there web site: http://www.fraserdante.com/

I can't find it on their site, but maybe they can tell you more about it.

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks

Dr "Who is comfortable with liking a Miata now that he owns a Ferrari" Tax

21. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I actually think it looks pretty damn good- the exterior at least- reminds me of a Maserati Spyder..

22. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Car looks OK for a Miata. It would be fun for someone who wanted that sort of car. Ferrari emblems though, are just dumb. No big deal to take off. Potential owner = 20-25 YO, wants hot rod Japanese, $7500 = happy owner.
    Mechanicals gotta be pretty worn.

23. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Hmmm.. I guess that makes me gay...

Or perhaps it makes me confident enough in my manhood that I don't need external signs of my virility...... or maybe I'm gay.

Better mention this to the wife and the 4 kids!!

24. Wickeddeus

Wickeddeus Karting

Nov 12, 2003

Hmmm....the Enzo did 0-100 in 6.6 and the 1/4 time was still around 11.1 so why would a Miata that does 0-100 in a little bit under 8 make you think the 1/4 time would be in the high 10s? I do agree that the 0-60 sounds funny if the 0-100 is under 8....I would sound right if the 0-60 was right at 4 or .1-.2 under. Could be the gearing though so you never know.

Personally I think the kit is pretty well done but I would have left out the Ferrari emblems. For those of you that think Miata is only for girls or gays(well remember that gays moved on to the Mini anyway) drive this thing at the track. Its a very fun car on the same level as a Lotus Elise.

25. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    I had one 7-8 years ago. Liked it alot. Fun to drive, low insurance, good mileage, dead reliable. It was black in an attempt to not be so "cute". It was still cute and somewhat feminine, but very fun to drive. It had all the positives of my old Alfa Spider without the negatives. It seems few people here stoop the the levels I do in regard to fun cars, but I also like the old British cars like MG, Triumph, etc. All slow, but very fun.

DC