Exotics4Less | FerrariChat

Exotics4Less

Discussion in 'Florida' started by bobleb, Jun 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Can anyone give me some feedback on Exotics4Less and/or Exotic Cars Wholesale? The reason I ask is that they appear to be opening an operation here in Las Vegas, and several members of our Ferrari Club were interested in knowing.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    search the archives. they come up quite frequently.

the general consensus seems to be that they are to be avoided.

doody.

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    correct, they have been discussed before.

4. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    I had searched before my original message. The latest thread I found with anything of substance was from this past January. And it seemed to really be a thread about a different dealer (Toy Store), during the course of which a debate occurred between a sales person for ECW and the owner of another dealership.

So perhaps I should rephrase my question: can anyone who has had a RECENT, potential or actual CUSTOMER relationship with ECW give me some current feedback? Thanks.

5. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    From what i can tell you of what i have heard from very reliable people in the business and people that have bought cars theres. The gentlemen who owns the dealership (can't remember his name at the present) is a very good guy and these people would buy cars from him but his sales people on the other hand i have heard differnet things about. But this is from other people that I know quite well never been there my self but drove by the place an uncountable amout of times. But i will try and find out more for you.

Jason

6. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Thanks for your helpful response.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    make sure you search the old archives as well.

doody.

8. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson

Doody - Are you telling me that the archives would have more recent threads than those found searching the active topics? Unless they would, I don't see what help they would be.

In my experience, the business practices (and associated reputation) of a small company can change quite rapidly. That's why I am interested in some CURRENT feedback, as I've tried to emphasize.

Have you had any direct experience with ECW and/or E4L? I'd be most interested if you had.

9. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think he was merely suggesting you review all the info on the site nevertheless I will be more direct.

There was a least one person on the site that had a very bad experience with them, according to him they refused to refund a deposit, they claim the story was diff and that the chatter was to blame. who knows the real story? this situation obviously was posted all over and combined with other questionable experiences and probably kept most away from them, I would say there have been a couple of ok experiences posted but none would be considered rave reviews. I think the general consensus is dealers are a dime a dozen so why deal with one with possible questions marks. In the end the choice is yours.

10. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I had inquired about a couple of 328s that were listed with them - found the listings for the cars on ferraribuy.com. I got an e-mail back with prices for both. One was a really low mileage car and too expensive but I responded with interest on the other, asked for pictures, service history, etc. At that time I was actively looking at a REAL car in Houston, one of our f-chatters had looked at the car for me and I was going to a PPI. Some of this was shared with the guy from Exotics4Less ("Alan McTizik") and I got a "I'm working on those pictures for you..." e-mail from them. At that point I began to assume that they didn't really have the car and also began to assume that it wasn't even consigned to them - a few happy snaps through e-mail doesn't take that bloody long.

That was basically the last I heard - I sent an e-mail as a follow up and got no reply.

So I cannot say I had a bad experience but I will say that I didn't have a good one. I hadn't searched for threads on them prior to responding to the ads at ferraribuy.com, and having done so after just suggests to me that unless they actually physically have exactly what you're looking for you might as well just keep looking rather than have them "locate" a car for you.

My $0.02.

Cheers
    Kevin

BTW I ended up buying a 348 spider from Martin at Cavallino after all that 328 business!!

11. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think it should be clear that in many cases they do not have the car but are trying to match sellers to their buyers, I think one of the problems is they don't always tell you this for fear you may try to cut them out of a deal

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    there is a lot of data about these guys in the archives.

it is certainly your prerogative to work with a "the dog changed its spots last month" perspective.

most people would not be inclined to be as forgiving as you though, given the documented history involved.

good luck.

doody.

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, there is a fundamental difference between representing yourself as a finder or a broker, and saying you have a car for sale that you don't really have in order to rope in a buyer.

I don't know whether either of the above applies in this particular instance - what I do know is that I contacted someone from this organization (exotics4less.com) about two cars, received a reply with prices for both, and then nothing but "I'm getting that info for you..." followed by vapor.

When you say "it should be clear", are you saying "no ****, Sherlock" to a potential buyer, or are you saying that the vendor should make it clear? I don't have too much trouble with caveat emptor, but I personally have a low tolerance for BS when there are alternatives.

Another $0.02 - I am gonna run out of change here in a bit.

Cheers
    Kevin

PS regarding the original point of the thread, my contact was late April of this year so pretty bloody recent. KFH

14. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think they are upfront in telling you they may source cars from other dealers or sellers but when its comes to specific cars my impression is they tend to lead you to beleive they have the car in stock as opposed to having to get it from another dealer. My further impression is they have very limited cars in their showroom (this might have changed). none of this is really problematic but if you are going to "pay" for a broker I think there may be better ones out there that will be very familiar with the cars they present to you

15. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Talk to Mark At Exotics 4 less. He is a great guy!!!

16. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Can't disagree with you - however when I am quoted prices for cars I do think it is reasonable to assume that there is a real car behind the price. Further, if there is a real car behind the price, it shouldn't take very long to get the information that goes with the car. That didn't happen in my case.

Not saying they're not great guys or anything else - as I said previously I did not have a bad experience, just didn't have a good one.

Cheers
    Kevin

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    In defense to brokers across the country, brokers do the same thing real estate agents do...but they dont get paid ANYWHERE near what real estate people do. Small car brokers dont make as much as many people think! and when they do make it is well deserved! What is wrong with representing a car that your showroom does not have room for?

-jt

18. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    It is not wrong representing that car but it is wrong claiming you have that car when in fact you are shopping for the car for that person.
    It is wrong to accept a deposit on a car you say you have in stock and when the deposit arrives call the customer and say: Sorry just sold but I will find you another and if I don't I will keep your deposit anyway.
    It is wrong to tell people half truths trying to lure them into your store or to get deposits so you have them hooked.
    It is called switch and bait and is criminal in the State of Florida and probably any other State in the Union.

19. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    of course thats wrong...my statement was not reffering to exotics4less own alleged practices etc...more or less Martin i was supporting the claim you made a while ago that brokers do not make as much as people think.

Switch and Bait crime....thats why Palm Beach Luxury cars is out of business!

20. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Amen to that!

21. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I have a solution for you..........buy a car from Martin!

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Thanks Paulie,

my reply was not meant to suggest that you ask me for a car though that is why I did not post earlier.

Exotics:
    we are clear on that.

Let me be perfectly straight here:
    There are several good dealers in Florida and many of them trying to do their best. I can always highly recommend Benn Corrale at Shelton and others have had excellent dealings with Bud Rooth (sp?) from Shelton. This in case you are looking for a FNA dealer.
    There are also several independents like myself trying to do right by their customers.

There are those that don't and (as you are doing here) the only thing you need to do is post a question on the internet and you get the answer.
    Take things with a grain of salt but if you hear bad over bad then you probably have arrived at a Toy Store :) not a car dealer!

23. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

Martin, I don't know if you looked at why I started this thread, but the reason is that ECW is opening some kind of operation at Caesars Palace here is Vegas. So while I'm certainly interested in knowing a general picture of dealerships in Florida, my inquiry was really on behalf of our Ferrari Club members here who have been asking me what I can find out about ECW in particular.

Again, thanks.

24. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Sorry got confused with another thread

The answer is still the same though :)

25. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The big question may be, what is that cat aiming at and where did he get that marvelous sharp shooter's bag?

BHW