F50 #001 for sale | FerrariChat

F50 #001 for sale

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by jonesn, May 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Not too much of a surcharge either

click here

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Hmm.. $695,000

Interesting to see the factory small yellow line around the waist line.
    First time I see this F50 by the way.

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I had posted about this car sometime back, interesting to see it list for so low, I would have expected a higher surcharge for this car

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    :bow down:

5. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    My guess, is that the F50 is getting no where near the $700K that people are asking for them.........that is why there is no surcharge.

6. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Asking price shot up when the Enzo debuted, but what are people really getting? A while back one of the guys here (Ben ?) said that he had been offered 3 F50's for less than $500k each. This was pre-Enzo, I believe.

7. sshorty

sshorty Karting

May 23, 2004
    Independence, KY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm not surprised that the F50 prices have been decreasing, as the Enzo debuted, the F50 prices should come down considerably as the F50 is no longer "the" current Ferrari "Supercar". I'm sure the F50 prices will go up in the somewhat near future, but anytime a new Ferrari Supercar comes out, the last one produced always plummets to an extent. Look at what happened to the F40 when the F50 came out, same deal. Although, some of the values of these vehicles have also been determined on the economy and collector car market as well.

8. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i'd rather take a f50 over an enzo anyday

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    WHY

10. sshorty

sshorty Karting

May 23, 2004
    Independence, KY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think the Enzo is a wonderful machine, I have yet to drive or even take a ride in one, but the specs and testing results on the car put it in the top 2 or 3 street legal cars available today. I think the F50 is much nicer to look at, but the Enzo is just a better car....I personally love the F40 and 288 GTO better than both the Enzo and the F50, but maybe thats just because those were around when I was a little kid, and not to mention, I just love turbos and External Wastegates:)

11. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    Belgian car.

First owner was Jean Blaton, known as "Beurlys", Famous Ferrari driver.

12. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    I know this car, and the seller. Wayne is a good guy.

-jt

13. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    ck these rims, what do you think of them?

14. dreamof-f40

dreamof-f40 Karting

Jun 6, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Did he buy #1 from the factory? How does that happen?
    Sweet car :thumbup:

15. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I'd love to have that car.

16. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Best shot I've ever seen of an F50. Great pic.

17. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Correct. The yellow line....
    Still have a picture from it taken at Francorchamps some years ago.
    You're good Vince :D

18. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Not to speak for udalmia, but I have a response to this. While the decision is basically down to personal preference, or simply the fact that the Enzo costs roughly twice as much (if you're not on the list), all else being equal, these are very different cars.

The Enzo is designed with many electronics and driver aids while the F50 is simply a pure analogue driver's car. Furthermore the F50 is very pure in concept-- the engine is derived directly from the Formula One motor of the time, and the chassis is all carbon fiber, unlike the Enzo which has its motor bolted to an aluminum subframe.

evo magazine recently compared all the modern Ferrari supercars and ranked them: 1> F50, 2> 288, 3> Enzo, 4> F40. It is an excellent article and worth a read if you can find a copy. It is worthwhile to note that they were testing these cars on public "b" style roads-- real world conditions. They said had they been on the track, the Enzo would have fared much better, but it's slightly numb steering made it very hard to know where the limits were, and therefore they could not push as hard in the Enzo as they could in the other cars. In fact the 1984 288, the oldest and most luxurious car or the group, had no trouble keeping up with the mighty Enzo in these conditions.

So there you have it. Newer does not always mean better in every respect. And never underestimate old Ferraris! :)

19. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Great info Koby! You really have my attention with this write up!

I love the F50 it is certainly my favorite.

Thanks,

Brigitte

20. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    $695,000...interesting...i would expect this car to be anywhere upwards of $1,000,000. Or somewhere in that range, when i saw the price...a question mark popped up in my head for some reason.

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Paying more for the first Sn is so stupid. Unless the car has some particular history or racing heritage , i dont see why pay more.

22. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Agreed - in fact, I'd want to pay LESS for the first SN. Ferrari has been known to continue to develop a car and quietly fixes a issues over its product cycle.

I also think it's silly to pay more for a car just because it was owned by a celeb. But there are those who will pay ANYTHING to own Barbara Streisand's 246 :).

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Is the Yellow pinstripe a subtle nod to the Belgium national color yellow. This type of pinstripe around the belt line was also seen on a early 288 GTO.
    The first and last example of any model are both important, though for different reasons. It is especially true if you are taking delivery of the first brand new vehicle built. Getting the last example means those behind you in line, are out of luck! A later model in the production run may have improvements but that is usually reflected in a different model year rather than a series. One person actually collects serial number 3 automobiles. So for him the number is very important.
    ch

24. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I saw this particular car a couple of years ago at the Spa Ferrari Days. I then didn't know it was the 1st F50. But I still remember the yellow line.

I remember seeing a video of this car on the internet. This car was racing around the streets in Paris, with a couple of other Ferrari's. In the clip you could see this F50 driving through a Tunnel. But I can't find it anymore. Does one of you guys know which clip I mean, and maybe a link?

25. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Yeah I have the video on a cd. It's a badass video. The sound of the F50 in the tunnels is out of this world. Let me know if you want it.