Venting frustrations with my body shop... | FerrariChat

Venting frustrations with my body shop...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Husker, May 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    First thing Monday a.m., I took my 348 in to have the rocker panels and bumpers painted red to match my car. Shop owner said "I'll have this for you Wednesday...I don't want this car hanging around here too long."

Wednesday, 1:30pm...they haven't even started on my car. I said "what's up" and they said "we got behind...we will have it by this weekend, maybe Saturday a.m., but this weekend for sure." I said "I sure hope so, I'm leaving town Sunday and won't be back until Thursday, and I'd like to have my Ferrari in my garage while I'm gone."

Went by Friday 4:30 and the vehicle was prepped but not yet painted.

Friday, 5:30pm: "We won't have it done by tomorrow (Saturday). We found some cracks in the spoiler that will need fixing."

Today, Saturday: I called and said "I will pick it up Thursday at lunch when I'm back in town". Shop owner said "OK we'll try to have it ready for you." TRY TO HAVE IT READY? ARE YOU KIDDING?

I'M ABOUT TO BLOW A FREAKING GASKET RIGHT NOW!!! AM I OUT OF LINE? I SWEAR, DO ALL TRADESMEN DO THIS SORT OF THING, OR DOES IT JUST HAPPEN TO ME????

2. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Sounds like a typical shop, the only shop that I've had keep his word is here in Vegas, when he says it will be done it is unless some mess up in the work.

Just as long as your car is not sitting outside it will be okay, not really much you can do but be patient, and if they try and rush it the QC may go down and they may release the car when they shouldn't have.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    You are getting completely screwed with. Hope you checked the odometer prior to sending the car in, in case these guys are taking joyrides while the car is there.

Do what needs to be done: once you get the car back, reveal who the shop is so that others are made aware of the type of shoddy service they offer.

What a bunch of jokers. Once, I can understand. But three times.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If this is a quality shop I wouldn't sweat it too much. I would however have recorded the mileage and let the guy know you did.(if it's too late hopefully you know the current mileage) Providing the job is absolutely perfect I would chalk this up for these guys and if you decide to use them again you'll have an idea of how they operate. I think that there are people out there who deliver what they promise so you have to find them if this turns out to be unacceptable.

5. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    This shop does good work - I have used them before. I've got a pretty good idea how things go though with the F-car shows up:

1. First day - don't touch the car - just look at it (and let everyone else look at it too); it might bite.

2. Second day - start feeling your way around the car - looking at how pieces are supposed to come off...oh screw it, let's get a few other cars out of here and we will come back to it.

3. Third day - Oh heck...this is this guy's TOY for crying out loud. He won't need it until the weekend, anyway.

4. Fourth day - alright alright...let's get these pieces off and start prepping.

5. Fifth day - Oh crap...the spoiler's got some unexpected cracks in it. There's NO WAY we'll get this car out by today (or tomorrow - Saturday- since we are only open for 3 hours). SCREW IT - tell customer we ran into complications and it won't be ready.

6. Finally, when the customer calls, quit making promises already! Tell him "we'll try", that way we have more wiggle room.

Typical.

6. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Husker, I thought I told you need TWO toys, that way it's not so painful while ones away. I know what you mean though it can't get done fast enough.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    One of the reasons I like FOH is that they do the opposite.

"Hey Rick, I need to have such and so done on my Forza Morza."

"Well, let's see. The race team just left for (insert name of race track here) and will not be back until next week. Plus, we have a couple of F40s that are already ahead of you. Can you bring the car in around the end of the month, and I'll try to get it out by the end of the following month, but no promises."

Even better, when you do get to pick up the car, guess what? Whatever needed fixin, got fixed. They ain't cheap, but they do whatever they say there're gonna do.

Take care, DrTax