Do 360s have auto-on lights or not? | FerrariChat

Do 360s have auto-on lights or not?

Discussion in '360/430' started by zippyslug31, Mar 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I might just be completely misunderstanding the owner's manual and the fact that there appears to be a headlight sensor on the dash, but my headlights do not behave as if they have the ability to auto turn on.

We have a couple other cars in the family that, when you pull into the dark garage, the headlights automatically turn on. This does not happen in my 360. Furthermore, when I have my headlight switch turned to the on position, the headlights simply turn one when the vehicle is turned on and then off once it's shut down. To me this behavior is more like daytime running lights.

Is this the way everybody else's 360 acts or is mine just wired differently? Any theories about how the little sensor on the dash is suppose to work?

2. tstafford

tstafford Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2006
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That's how mine works.

3. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    +1

4. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    I didn't have auto-on headlights on my 360 or my 430. I believe some geographies, like Canada, have laws that when the car is turned on, the headlights turn on automatically... but this happens regardless of day or night.

Frank

5. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Yep. Canada has Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) mandated on all cars produced after 1990 (or sometime around then). With the current value of our dollar, many are looking to buy US cars, and the DRLs are one thing that needs to be done to import the car. But they're not "auto-on" like when you enter a garage; they're just always on.

6. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    #6 zippyslug31, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, I guess my headlights work per the norm; good to know.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I recall it being marked as "light sensor" or something like that. If it's not for the headlights (for the "auto-on" feature) then what is it used for?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login