355 FIORANO--WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE? | FerrariChat

355 FIORANO--WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by drsrock, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I am considering a fiorano 6 speed. Any one know what is it worth (if anything) over a comperable regular 355 6 speed?

2. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I think it is around 10K. From what i have heard, I think the 99 Fiorano's were the last 125 or so 355's made. They also had a bunch of extra equipment. (suspension, Carbon fiber interior pieces, etc.)

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would say 10k is a good guess however I think maybe a little less with the 6 speed as most were the F1's and I think that was a little more desireable on the Fiorano. There is a red 6 speed at Champion that has been for sale for at least 6 months. It started at 139 or something crazy like that, last time I saw the price I think it was 120. Still a little high.

4. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex

Thanx, I'll look into that. Where is Champion?

5. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    It depends which Fiorano you are looking to buy. There is the serie Fiorano, which are all F1, Spiders, and are the last of the 355 prodiction. These comand a premium as is suggested.

Ferrari also had the fiorano handling pack in its options menu (from 1998 I think). I don't beleive that this carries much more of a premium compared to any other option of the same price you could have specified(i.e. carbon seats). In the UK this cost about £4,000.

6. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Typically you will pay an extra premium for a 99 355 vs. other year 355's, you will pay an extra premium for the F1 and an extra premium for the last 100 355's made (Fiorano)...especially lower mile cars.

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    actually, serie fiorano 355 spider did not all come in f1 trannies, there were 10 made with the standard 6-spd and 90 with F1 for total U.S. production of 100. there were an additional 4 cars made for the european market, but i am not sure which transmission they were equipped with.

8. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    WOW Thats very good info. Can I ask where you sourced the info from as I am interested in finding out as much info on options and variants of the 355. I think I've bought most books on it but obviously I'm missing some ;)

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    i've been following the market for fiorano spiders for the past few months and have seen prices around $120k-$140k depeding on miles and color combo... i've only seen one 6spd and that's the same one Champion Motors has been trying to sell for the pasat 6+ months. i've asked about Champion Motors and the fiorano they have and everyone said stay away from Champion!

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    i don't follow info on 355s in general, but have a lot of info on the serie fiorano spider as that is the car i'm after. most of the info i have has been gathered from online resources, local Ferrari dealer, FNA website, and an issue of Forza featuring the 355 fiorano. i can send you more info when i get back home. what do you want to know?

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    i just checked and there are at least 3 serie fiorano spiders for sale at authorized Ferrari dealers, but none with the 6spd. i'll list them in a moment...

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    this is #31 OF 100... dark blue/sabbia, F1, 7,400 miles, located at Ferrari of Beverly Hills. Call for price.

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    this is #11 of 100... fly yellow/black, F1, 4,500 miles, located at Cauley Ferrari . $139,900.

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    this is #21 of 100... Nero(black)/beige, F1, 7,600 miles, located at Ferrari of Central Florida . Call for price.

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    FWIW here is a list of features included on the serie fiorano 355 spider...

Racing brake kit
    Cross drilled brake discs
    Red calipers
    Suede steering wheel
    Dedication number plaque
    Rear challenge grill
    Carbon fiber accents
    Carbon fiber F1 paddles
    Scuderia shields
    Fiorano handling package
    Challenge rack
    Front/rear challenge roll bar
    Stiffer rate coil springs
    Shock ECU specific to Fiorano setup

MSRP $143,990

16. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Thanks Stokpro. Those picutres are really good.

As for the info that I am looking for, there is nothing specific, its just general. I would love to get my hands on any articles and road tests that were publidshed. Do you have the issue date for the Forza article you mention ?. I find that a lot of info I find is inconsisitent. I am interested in any manufacturers literature and especially for the Fiorano handling pack vs the serie Fiorano.

Any sources you care to mention will be very welcome

Many Thanks
    Philip

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Philip,

I'll find out what Forza issue covers the 355 fiorano spider tonight and will let you know. I do know that this back issue is still available directly from Forza for $8 (USD). There were a limited number of brochures specifcally printed for the serie fiorano spider, but they are very rare and hard to come by. I was actually discussing the brochure and how to find one with a gentleman from the U.K. about a month ago. Supposedly the brochure is not much different from the normal 355 brochures, but would still be fun to have.

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Philip,

It's Forza Issue #23 June 2000.

19. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have a 1999 355 Spider (6 Speed Manual). The dealer told me that my car was a (Serie Fiorano)? My understanding was that the red calipers, car cover, seat covers and "SF" badge were what came with the Serie Fiorano package?

How do I know if it is a "Serie Fiorano"? I never noticed any plaque? If my car is a Serie Fiorano how would I know what number out of 100 that it is?

DrewH

20. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    DrewH,

If it was a serie fiorano you would definitely know. It would have the suade steering wheel for a start. It may be that it has the Fiorano handling pack option. The easiest way to check for this is to turn your steering rack lock to lock. If it is fiorano car it will turn 2.8 revolutions. If it is standard it will turn 3.2 revolutions.

Philip

21. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If you have a 6 speed manual odds are its not a Fiorano. There were 10 made. You would have a suade steering wheel, red calipers, challenge grill,carbon fiber center console,shields, plaque on the dash depicting what number out of the 100 your car is.

22. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

DrewH,

The plaque on the passenger side dashboard will look like this...

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    or like this one...

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    or like this...

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Oh yeh, and DrewH... if the dealer claimed your car is/was a serie-fiorano and you paid the price of a fiorano and it turns out it is not, then there's a serious problem. if it is in fact a fiorano, what color combo is it, what # is it (XX/100)?