Win a 2004 Ferrari Modena 360 F-1 Spider | FerrariChat

Win a 2004 Ferrari Modena 360 F-1 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by Adopt A Stray, May 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    Adopt A Stray is raffling off the above. Tickets are $100 a piece and the drawing is on June 1. We need to sell a minimum of 4,000 tickets, otherwise everyone gets their money back. The total number of tickets we will sell is 7500, so the odds are pretty good. Also, if you win, you can choose between the Ferrari or $200,000 in cash.

Adopt A Stray is a 501c(3) non-profit organization. We rescue dogs and cats from the local pounds here in St. Louis who are on "death row" - meaning they will be euthanized/gassed. We spay/neuter, microchip, give them booster shots, rabies shots, and heartworm test. They are then placed for adoption. We are a no-kill shelter, which means that our pets stay with us until they are adopted; if they get sick while under our care we treat them.

We have only sold a little over 1,000 tickets at this point and we don't have that much time left, so if anyone is interested in buying a ticket please do! And help us spread the word!

Thanks!

2. RacerFlash

RacerFlash Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bob Gordon
    Hey Guys, I already bought my ticket! Let's help this worthy organization get some money and help ourselves to a 360 Spyder! Hopefully someone on the Ferrari Chat can win the thing and keep it on the Chat group!

By the way, this is not a scam! I checked them out with the St Louis BBB. You can see the report here: http://www.stlouis.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=110219452

Thanks,
    Bob

3. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    1001 tickets

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Well in my experience with raffles and Ferraris,
    "Insert Chris Sawyerr here",
    And after contacting FNA,
    Ferrari states that they will not allow a new Ferrari to be raffled off in the US.
    So good luck!

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    7500 tickets x $100 = a lot more than a 360 Spider is worth. What happens to the other $500k?

7. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    If we are even so lucky as to sell 7500 tickets the other $500K will go into our organization, and help us save more dogs and cats from unecessary euthanasia, and find wonderful, permanent homes. This is just like any other charitable organization - any money we make goes right back into the organization. We are just hoping to sell 4,000 tickets; we would just be happy with that!

8. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    I just thought I would let you know that this Ferrari was purchased by the founder of our organization, and then donated by him to the organization so that we could raffle it off.
    I wish everyone could come to St. Louis and see the Ferrari, so they could know that this is the real deal. It is on display right now at Mid Rivers Mall where one of our adoption centers is located.

9. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    No, he is not on our payroll. He is just a very kind person who bought a raffle ticket to help support our mission.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    can you please post the vin number?

11. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    It is a real car, as Adopt A Stray tried to buy it, but FNA needed a real name as to the buyer, hence the "this Ferrari was purchased by the founder of our organization" statement...
    FNA is not very pleased with them for raffling the car,
    but oh well it's their car, they can now do as they like.

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    please post the VIN.

can anybody in STL vouch that this is for real?

i'd be happy to donate to a good cause like this, but these damn raffles are SO frequently total fraud-cases :( :(

doody.

13. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    VIN# ZFFYT53AX40135618

14. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    Again, this car was purchased by the founder of our organization, from Stewart Ferrari of Denver. You can contact Bill Orf there, and ask him. Also, the state of Missouri allows raffles, so we are doing nothing wrong. I find it very sad that something that is trying to do so much good is viewed so negatively. This is not a fraud. We are really trying to raffle of this Ferrari to raise money.
    VIN# ZFFYT53AX40135618

15. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    How can I prove to you that this is not a fraud - is there anything I can do?
    http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/missouri/midrivers/. This is the website for Mid Rivers Mall, where the car is actually on display. You can also call them and ask them about the validity of this raffle.

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You have to understand, here has been lots of fraud committed via the internet in this very way.

DL

17. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    can we trade the Modena for a Gallardo or Ford GT instead?

18. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    I really do understand, and I can understand the doubts and suspicions. You can also call Mid Rivers Mall and ask them to verify that the Ferrari is there and that it is being raffled off.
    http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/missouri/midrivers/
    Please consider buying a ticket - the animals are the only ones benefiting from this. Once we hit 4,000 tickets the drawing will be held.

19. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    If you win the car, you can do whatever you want :)

20. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Just undrstand that we need to make for sure this is legit and then I think you will have some takers, including me. I looked up the domain name for the .org and it appears to have been created in line with when the organization was started, or shortly thereafter. Created in Nov 2002.

I will need to do a little more research and go from there. If we prove it is legit and for a good cause, let's win us a 4re.

:)

my

21. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    Understood! If you need any information that I can provide about the organization or the car please don't hesitate to ask me. We're also on www.petfinder.com.

22. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    for the avoidance of doubt, i don't think ANYBODY here as accused you guys of perpetrating a fraud.

UNFORTUNATELY thousands of guys before you HAVE perpetrated exactly this sort of fraud. it is very unfortunate for the legitimate charities trying to raise money for their causes via this mechanism. there's been so much fraud of this sort that people are very gun shy.

here are some suggestions as to what you can do to help allay people's fears more easily:

* set up a page on your web site. include a ton of pictures of the car. include pictures of the car in front of your facilities showing the company name, etc. so people are comfortable they weren't just yanked off ebay.

* include a scan of the original window sticker; and snaps of the VIN plates.

* include a scan of the original bill of sale (with sensitive info blacked out) that includes the VIN number.

* include some specific information about how you're going to return the money if you don't sell 2K tickets. btw, this is going to cost you a ton of money to do (labor, fees, etc.) for a few hundred to a couple thousand people.

* etc.

ya gotta do some legwork for a couple hundred thou ;)

this might help save some of the repeat questions - i assume you're posting this on a lot of boards.

doody.

23. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    this does not seem to have the profile of a nigerian scam, or a fake car e-bay auction....
    I bought the ticket, anyway. Even if my intuition was wrong, $100 is a not expensive for the thrill of anticipation (with much better odds than the California lottery).
    I also decided that I may not be able to do my charity rally this year, so I am routing my yearly donation budget to a bunch of smaller outfits.

24. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    doody has got a point...
    i would add that you could even extend the deadline, advertise in autoweek, etc...

thx
    luke

25. Adopt A Stray

Adopt A Stray Karting

May 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Joumana Reese
    Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'm gettin' on it!