Barcelona, Spain GP Results | FerrariChat

Barcelona, Spain GP Results

Discussion in 'F1' started by wax, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    The man is the man. His sidekick ain't bad either.

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Done!
    Once again Part 5 also well done!
    1. MS
    2. RB
    ......doesn`t worth to mention:D

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Excellent result for ferrari.:)

4. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Trulli should have been black flagged for getting ahead in the first corner. MS must always be in the lead as he is world champion. Hopefully Renault will lose their points as punishment. I think maybe they could give them to MS as he deserves far more than only 10 points for winning. The commentator said MS had a cracked exhaust and his engine was down by hundreds of horsepower as a result but he still put in the fastest laps. Incredible.

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Well Done... So far so good the Perfect seson continues ;)

Forza Ferrari

6. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    My favorite thing about the race was listening to what JPM had to say during the post race interviews for the top three. :D

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I thought 2002 might be the high water mark for years to come. Congrats on the perfect season.

8. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Hats off to the whole team with another well thought out and well driven Gran Prix. Remember that it is not just the driver, it is a TEAM effort.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Great result. But, isn't this getting a little boring???

10. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    With Renault being the Michellin-shed front runner this year and being a French team, just wondering if Michellin has already or is going to give them ther preferential treatment as Bridgstones are with Ferrari.......Thoughts??

11. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Please do not post race results in the title line.. Some people have not seen the race and do not want to know he results until they can view the replay. But I agree. I love seeing Rubens drive up into 2nd from 5th. Great day.

12. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks, James. To get rid of the offensive thread title, I merged it into this thread... since it belongs here anyway... one thread is enough.

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Great race by both MS and RB!

Its worth to mention that RB strategy was the pecfect one.

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Great job Ferrari - go home team!
    Great job Renault
    Go Sato
    What the heck has happened to the once mighty Silver arrows?

15. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Congratulations again MS and RB!!!

I would love to see his 6th win in Monte Carlo

16. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Hmm... who here ISN'T a Ferrari fan? :)

Just be happy with the fact that you are watching history in the making - in a few years there will be more competition.

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone notice MS sets the fastest lap of the race (some 2.8 seconds faster than last year) on lap 60 after/while nursing an engine with a broken header!?! This drives home the notion of taking care of the euiptment.

18. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    And what was that about needing to replace Rubens because is not capable? I hold fast that he is doing exactly what he needs to do as the #2 driver on the team. He is quite good. Now admit it you guys. Maybe you spoke to soon............

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    No.

20. jj2728

jj2728 Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Ontario
    75 wins out of 200 gp starts....what a remarkable achievement....well done to the entire team....i'm really beginning to think that they could win all 18 races this year....FORZA FERRARI!....

21. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What did he say? I had to tape the race agian and it {the tape} ended just as the drivers left the podium.

F1.com

"Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams (DNF):
    “I knew this race would be difficult. It’s been like this every year so we know this track is hard on the car. We did a good job yesterday in qualifying by putting the car on the front row of the grid, but then I lost two positions at the start. I started having brake problems in the very first part of the race, with the pedal going very long, but they then seemed to come back after the first pit-stop so I thought everything was ok. However, when Fisichella, who was ahead of me, pitted and I was pushing hard to gain an advantage, the brakes stopped working again so I had to retire. I am not frustrated though. I’ve had this before and it’s not worth getting annoyed about. You just have to learn from the experience and work hard to address the problem.”

22. Storm-Rider

Storm-Rider Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I wouldn't call it wholeheartedly boring. Thanks in part to Shumi's smoothness, he was able to win while keeping his car from melting, from the hot air that must have been escaping. I thought that his engine sounded funny during his first stop.

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, not a bad race by RB but it could have been better if he did not go to sleep in the middle section.

What I believe has happened is that he has given up trying to be faster than MS and is trying to beat him by another strategy. This is good, but shows that he is defeated :(.

I must say something contriversal too ;):

I believe that Ferrari purposely fncked RB's pitstop so that he would not threaten MS's win. If that pitstop had been a good one RB would have been right up MS's arse and with a better car it would have been interesting. Thus Ferrari took that pressure off ... saying that MS was amazingly able to find speed somewhere else and his lap times picked right up.

I do hope I am wrong but looked suss to me ;)

Pete

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Er, not exactly smart logging on to FerrariChat BEFORE you see the replay is it? :D

Pete

25. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    My point was that since he wasn't in the top three, I didn't have to listen to him at all in the post race interviews that Speed channel shows.