ferrari 360 modena F1 as a daily driver? | FerrariChat

ferrari 360 modena F1 as a daily driver?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Rabeeh, May 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    ive also got a lamborghini murcielago in the garage. is it a good idea to drive my 360 in michigan for 9 months out of the year(no snow) everyday? this way i can have it as my "business car" for tax purposes. instead of buying a 911 turbo in addition and using in bad weather conditions i may lease an explorer for the winter snow, what does everyone think? oh btw i also have a cayenne turbo in my garage but its for my sister.

2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    ???????? Is this for real?????

3. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    excuse me?

4. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Rabeeh, I think the problem is your weird way of introducing yourself and your cars. To be quite frank, your post was not in a normal format to the reader of American English. Perhaps you could elaborate on your background just so you're post could be understood and believed.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with a good number of people who come here and misrepresent themselves. It is your unorthodox way of writing that is suspicious.

On the garage thread someone ask for a picture of your garage - as a suggestion that would go a long way to establishing your credibility. Once you're proved legit here at F-chat, they'll try to answer ANY question you have about anything.

6. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    well i recently bought a murcielago and a 360 F1. i was wondering if the 360 was capable of being driven on an almost daily basis not including snow. i am currently considering either getting a base 911 carrea 4s for "bad weather" or just leasing a jeep. i am planning on driving my 360 for 9 months a year.

7. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    oh so pics must be taken to show im for real, well i guess i wont be asking any quetions anymore, as i have no desire to photograph my garage for anyone!

8. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    i guess the problem is, if you have no desire to share your wonderful garage why would you think people would be happy to share there knowledge to help you?
    it would just be a nice thing to do.
    i have 5 cars and would only be to happy to share if i thought people were intrested and this way i would have more in common with the guys who reply back too me. just an opinion.

9. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    u guys do a great job alienating new members. im going back to my old forum at rennlist.com. its funny u dont try and alienate allanlambo

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    You actually bought the 360 but are asking others if its ok to drive daily? That makes no sense, if you have the car go drive it and figure it out for yourself if you can handle it as a daily driver? What about your Murci, when will you drive that one?

p.s. allenlambo has been banned, just for your info

11. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    i only take the murcielago out on weekends, when the weather is perfect. in regards to the 360, i guess i will just drive it everyday, i just thought that some advice from 360 owners would be nice, guess not. the people at rennteam.com are far more knowlegable about ferrari than everyone here, thasty i can say for sure!

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Rabeeh, we are not asking you to leave. We are asking you to explain a little about yourself though just so we are assured we are not dealing someone wasting our time. Your way of introducing yourself at the beginning of this thread was not typical, and did arouse suspicions.

If you are offended by our requests to tell us a little more about yourself before we offer information about ourselves and our opinions, I am sorry. But I'm afraid you are the one overreacting right now.

13. mille

mille Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    guys cant you see it...this is says troll all over...ohhh please stay..noooooooot....dont let the door hit you in the a** when you leave

14. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    this has to be the rudest forum i have ever been on in my life

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Mr. Green?

16. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    what a joke.

17. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Has anyone noticed we seem to be getting a lot more of this recently? or is it just me getting older and more cynical.

18. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Nothing says troll here...the dude has a question. It can smack of not being true, or being a show off, only because you don't know the guy.

Like the old Doors song "People are Strange"

"People are strange, when you're a stranger, faces look ugly, when you're alone"

I have a neighbor here here who is the nicest guy ever...Frank Estrada. He has a Diablo and 360 and uses both as daily drivers.

To answer the question:

I don't think I would do it if you use it for work and drive a lot. 360 is a wide-ass car, and not as comfortable as a Porsche to maneuver into driveways, or for sitting in traffic. And is more service prone. But Frank does it and has over 55k miles on his 2002 360. But he drives the sh*t out of his cars, and makes no boners about enjoying them.

To furthur comment on the original post...he came out with hot stuff, and nobody knows him. But he asked a simple question. He does not have to explain himself to earn approval to yack. That's what forums are for. Saying he has to tell us more about himself is a bit much.

19. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    yeah thanks, i just got a carrera 4S as a "daily driver" so i should be ok now. i guess the 360 will see mor elimited use than i had planned. i hope there is time to drive the murcielago after all.

20. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Rebeeh,

I have no idea about the tax benefits relating to company car ownership in the US so cannot make any comments about that part of your questions.

The 360 is a fine car to use as a daily drive, it's capable, reliable and comfortable. Even the air con works well when those temperatures there climb. As for the snow no sports car is really going to be great in those conditions and the 360, with a significant amount of torque, will get wheel spin when roads become even slightly icy so I'd stick to a more suitable car for those conditions.

As for people here being rude, yes some might seem so if they don't think you're coming over as being honest. This can sometimes be hard, especially if you are not known, as people have a tendancy to doubt. Also pictures are appreciated and not to share them makes people wonder. We do all have our own reasons though.

21. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    How did you base this decision? You made it within 24 hours of asking the questions. How did you decide a C4S was a better decision than a Jeep? How did you decide to drive the 360 less? Please share the facts you used and the decision process - in the last 24 hours. That would be helpful to me and others here. Thanks in advance.

22. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    And wont you miss them when FChat is by subscription? :>

23. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    very simple i went to Bill cook imports and bought a C4s off the lot for daily use. the idea of driving a jeep quickly faded from my mind. and yes i can "afford" to buy a C4S in 24hrs. at a whim, if thats what u are implying!

24. Rabeeh

Rabeeh Guest

Apr 23, 2004
    WPB
    if u believe or not i could care less my garage now includes a murcielago, 360F1, C4S, a cayenne turbo(for my sister). the 360F1 and the C4s are almost always parked outside (weather permitting) on Lakeshore in Grosse Pointe Shores.

25. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Rabeeh, please post a pic of your garage with your cars in them. I love seeing garage pics as do many of us here! Garages can be a special place and its great to see how others have them layed out, designed and filled with.