Looking for a rhd Enzo | FerrariChat

Looking for a rhd Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by cantwait, Sep 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Hi Guys,

I would like to buy an Enzo however it would need to be a right hand drive as I live in New Zealand. While of course I would consider any combination, my exterior colour preference is Black followed by Yellow.

If anyone can help me out with some leads it would be much appreciated.

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I could be completely wrong but I don't think they made any rhd Enzos.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Pininfarina can convert one for you. If you're serious I'll put you in touch. They can also paint it any color you wish.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    This will be a long hunt as there are no RHD Enzos.

I suggest moving to Europe :)

5. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    That would be the cheaper option. :)

6. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    Good luck with that. Will you post some picture of it when you find one.

7. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    indeed no RHD ever made... i hope he's serious. would be amazing to see a conversion.

8. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    As revered P4/5 owner/fchat member stated, pninfarina will do it--at a price. Speaking of Pninfarina, I bought an external harddrive for my laptop the other day made by SimpleTech, designed by Pninfarina. Has Pninfarina down the side of it. It was actually a really cheap HD....

9. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Thanks for the replies...I wasn't aware they weren't made in rhd, well always learning :)

there is currently one Enzo in New Zealand, I don't know a lot about the specific car however I would have to guess that he has had it converted because in this country you can not import a rhd vehicle after circa MY1985.

Will dig a little more...and let you guys know any info worth noting...

10. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    +1

If that happens this thread will be like the thread of Jim aka Napolis. The thread of the P4/5

A must thread in the F-Chat ;)

11. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Appreciate the offer Napolis, cheers...If I get to that point I'll come back to you...do you know if any have been converted and what the ball park cost would be.

I just made a call and found out that the Enzo in NZ is infact lhd, so it's not even road legal here and has driven under dealer plates for the limited road time it's had.

12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    How much does Pinifinaria charge for a paint job?

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They're quite reasonable and do spectacular work. If anyone seriously wants to get in touch with them pm me and I'll put you in touch.

Best

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I've never heard of one being done. PF did P 4/5 to DOT/EPA standards and I assume there would be some NZ regulation/testing required but I'm sure they could do it.

Cheers

15. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    It would be cheaper to register as a dealer and acquire the dealer plate and pay the annual fee, I would keep it LHD, makes for a great drive on our roads.

Are you seriously looking into Enzo ownership?

16. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    There's an Enzo available here. it's in a good condition. if i'm not wrong, the owner put the Enzo up for sale, and bought a 599.

17. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    not really. similar story with a member here, couldn't really drive the car with dealer plates due to public liability issue.

18. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006

Hi JDM, at this stage I'm researching all the options like I tend to do before any purchase, but yes...if I could get the right car at the right price, be able to import it without rediculous taxes.

I'm not to keen on the dealer plates idea but will keep looking into it. I'm a driver more than a collector so would like to hit the road at will...

19. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Or learn to drive a LHD Enzo.

20. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The problem is that you cannot register a LHD car in New Zealand.

21. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    The one Enzo here has around 10,000kms on it, I would guess that some of these kms have been put on with track use, but i wouldnt think they all have, happy to be wrong on this point but 10000kms would take quite alot of track work.

Would be great to have another Enzo over here. You should buy one so i can look at it :D

22. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    If that's the case, it's music to my ears...the contact I spoke to who knows the car well said it only had a couple of thousand km's on it.

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hey James, great to see more Kiwis around. Although I'm Canadian, I graduated from CCNZ there in Temple View, next to Dinsdale. Hoping to get back down to Hamilton next year to show my wife and kids who have never been to NZ.

24. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James

My goodness it is a small world, how small? I live in Dinsdale, just off the main road to temple view. I have heard rumors that CCNZ will be closing in the near future, such a shame for a school like that to close. Please contact me if you head this way, i may even have room for you to stay, but i digress.

Please don't take the 10,000 kms as certain, i did not see the gauge with my own eyes. The Enzo was there when i picked up my car, i was talking to James and he advised me of the kms and also some other interesting things regarding the car.

Have you spoken to LTSA? I have owned LHD cars, I'm sure the regulations can be worked with to find an agreement, and maybe an exemption or permit could be obtained for limited use.
    Bringing an Enzo to NZ is possible, depends on how deep your pockets are.

25. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Speaking of small world, I was in the dealership when you picked up your car...thought it might be the case and looked in your profile and yes it was. Beautiful car that Black 355, one of the best I've seen. If I remember rightly you were trading in a yellow 911?