slow down light blinking/driving light relay? | FerrariChat

slow down light blinking/driving light relay?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by abarthracer, Apr 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    Can anyone help me diagnose my latest problem? The slowdown light comes on and blinks when I put the car in reverse. Just started today out of nowhere. Also, no one answered my last post, I will make it simple. Is there a relay for the driving lights. THis is all on a 85 Mondial Couple.
    THanks
    David

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Seems like a short in the circuit for your reverse light. Perhaps the slow down ECU wire is touching the wires for the reverse light?
    I just had my dash lights fixed. They were not working at all. My license plate light were corroded and shorted out. They shared the same circuit. Fixed that and my dash lights work.

3. mondialman

mondialman Karting

Apr 23, 2004
    N. CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My dash lights went out in my 3.2. Per your post I checked my license plate lights and they both work fine. Any other suggestions? BTW, my yellow warning lamp was on for lights, and I fixed a disconnected wire for the left front side lamp. The lamp turned on, and the warning light went off. My dash lights didn't turn on, though. I still have a red warning lamp because it thinks one of the bonnets isn't latched.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    (Don't have a schematic to help you, but) do your reverse lamps come on properly when you select the reverse gear (and the slow-down light acts abnormal)?