UK's favourite Ferrari | FerrariChat

UK's favourite Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by selespeed, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. selespeed

selespeed Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Rietveld
    Last year people could bring out their vote on the website of "Fifth Gear" for what they thought was the best Ferrari ever.

Fifth Gear is an English car program and they have made an episode of the 10 best Ferraris (according to the UK residents).

You can download the video here. The videoclip lasts 25 mins and has a size of 76 Mb (Windows Media Player only)

BTW I was surprised by the outcome

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    thanks-great video-enjoyed it.

3. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    awsome vid! thanks for posting

im not too surprised that the testarossa is #1. there was a wide variety of cars though

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Sorry to be a killjoy but this is copyright material and this thread should be removed

5. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Robin,

The stream comes from here:

http://www.ferraridefrance.com/main.php?lang=us&state=1

Why is the video link posted here infringeing copyright?, the file is held elsewhere.

Mark

6. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K

Hi Mark,

I presume that was you on Column Road, Sunday evening

I was in the 348 in front

Cheers

John

7. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Great Video...

John

8. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    This is a great example why referendi do not work. The average knowledge about Ferrari stops at Magnum and Miami Vice. People that know a little more are in already such a minority, that this barely influences the outcome. People that know a lot about Ferrari and really could make a decision, which are the top ten Ferraris, are less than 1% (?) of the voters and that is why the 3X8 and the TR become the best Ferraris (with the excuses to the owners of the 3X8s and TRs, who obviously agree with the outcome)

So, I guess the best paintings in the world are the Mona Lisa and the Sunflowers from van Gogh.

Very revealing.

9. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I think it won first place b/c for some reason people only really know of the Testarossa. It seems to be a very popular car, i know thats the first Ferrari name i knew. Of course i know much more now. But i wouldn't be surprised if you showed those people pictures of different Ferrari's and they couldn't pick out which was the Testarossa.

10. Neals

Neals Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Hong Kong/UK
    Full Name:
    Neal Stow

The survey was about the people's favourite Ferrari, not the "best" Ferrari. How much respondants know about Ferraris is therefore not really relevant. Also, given the fact that some of the cars appearing high in the top 10 are relatively obscure when compared to the more commonly seen modern cars (like a Daytona!), a reaonable percentage of the respondants would seem to be fairly knowledgable.

11. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
  12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    where does one get the codec?

13. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    nevermind...computer just being stupid.

14. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Neals,

I think it is relevant if the average joe only know, or only recognise, the names of the 308 and the TR

15. Neals

Neals Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Hong Kong/UK
    Full Name:
    Neal Stow
    I agree that if the objective of the survey was to identify the "best" Ferrari it would be relevant. Such as survey would require respondants to have some knowledge of the cars in order to make some form of objective call on the their respective merits. Someone who's views are based entirely on watching Magum PI would not be appropriate in such a survey. However, this survey was to ask the populous to vote on their "favourite" Ferrari and the opinion of a moped rider should be just as valid as someone with a stable of F cars, This is because "favourite" is a personal opinion not an objective assessment. The fact that the average joe only knows or recognises the names of the 308 and the TR is relevant in that it explains the results of the survey but it does not invalidate the results or make the survey meaningless as you have implied.

The survey does not say that the TR is the best Ferrari - just the people's favourite.