Maserati with Tubi, the recording! | FerrariChat

Maserati with Tubi, the recording!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jack, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think...

1. I like it

2. I do not like it

3. I prefer stock sound

4. Better than many Ferraris

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
  2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    As far as I'm concerned, one cannot go wrong with Tubi. Great sound to me.

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I think that if you used a format different than .avi more people would be able to listen to it.

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Great car Jack! Nifty little clip you put together too! Shame your camera isn't just a bit smaller, then perhaps you could have driven right over it :)

5. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Fantastic. Great link.

Sounds a bit like the Gransport - have you hear it on the Maserati website? I heard the Tubi gives some resonance in the 3000 - 3500 RPM range - is this true?

6. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
  7. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    thats is one mean sounding maserati. its sort of an italian muscle car sound, not high pitched f1 revving ferrari style, but mean and intimidating

oh last nite, there was this modified porsche 911 kicking it down the boulevard, wow what a rotten sound, the amserati blows that thing away!

8. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Great sound, bet it's a blast to drive too! Is it much louder inside now?

9. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Yes it is a bit louder inside but at cruising RPM it is still a GT. Below 2500 RPM, there is a lot of resonance.

Tried a long tunnel with open window and reached 7500 RPM on 2, 3 and 4th gear... then a full day "happy face"!!! I am again a little boy ;-)

10. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I had no idea that Maserati's sound like that. I guess I was waiting for the famous high pitched scream. That car sounds outstanding, definitely Italian muscle car. Very, very nice.

On another note if you ever watch the Grand Am races, listen up for the FMOW's Trofeo Light to fly past the camera. It sounds very similar to the other Lexus, Pontiac, BMW V8's. Sounds very good.

11. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin

For some reason I am not seeing it. I says "clas not registered". ?

12. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
  13. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
  14. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Great recording, the Tubi sounds awesome! Thanks for taking the time to record & post. :)

Regarding the resonance - how is it at 45 MPH or at highway speeds? I can't recall the RPM at those speeds, but imagine the drone of resonance (if present) would be a bit annoying.

Brad

15. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    It is very easy with a 6-speed to manage the RPM, I am in a metric country but in your case it is probably 3000-4000 RPM in 5th gear.

16. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    On open roads drone or resonance is very minimal, Plus at Highway speeds shifting sounds amazing. In a closed space like a garage there is much vibration. My garage is under my bedroom and my wife tells me the whole bed shakes when I start car up in the morning. she thinks if she found the right spot on the floor it would be better than that old washing machine trick, Would be nice to see her enjoy my car as much as I do

17. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    great sound, great car... the new masers are underrated, a great car and a good value, it the styling more more over the top there would be 3 year waitng lists!!! i still think 360s and 355 s with tubi sound a little better...

18. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That's the best maserati clip i've heard.I really like those cars.Very underated for sure.

19. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    its sounds absolutely fantastic and demonic, scares me!

however it dosnt sound as good as ferraris newer V8, there just something special about a V8 that can rev at 8500 and scream like that!

20. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Great sound clip. thanks for the codec info too.

On the return video, I liked the little plane flying along too.

Maybe someone could post a 360 with tubi for comparison purposes.

I though the Maserati sounded great though. There is really a difference in that car and exhaust systems ive heard on other cars like some bmws & mercedes.

21. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Funny. I expected something more high pitched too. Almost rumbles like an american V8 at idle. Is that a complete exhaust or just cat-back?

Sounds great, but the MS Racing F360 still sounded better ;)

22. maseraticoupe

maseraticoupe Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Texarkana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Crisp
    The only way to go!!!

23. NewItalian

NewItalian Rookie

Jun 1, 2004
    O.K....I voted for no tubi on the poll but really I just can't figure out if I like the Tubi better. I don't really want the car to wake up the neighbors, but the tubi does give the exhaust a sportier sound. My dealer doesn't have a tubi on a Maserati so I come home and listen to the darn recording every night to try and decide if I should get a Tubi for my new coupe arriving in a few months. Is there a Ferrari with stock pipes that sounds like the Tubi on a Mas? Is the sound too obnoxious? Can I hear my radio over the Tubi if I so desire?...remember the radio in the Mas is only so so. Anymore analytical comments out there to help me?

Thanks for helping the newbie.

24. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    #24 jack, Jun 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After 18'000km with the tubi, 300km per day 4 days a week, 1500km in one week-end with my wife and my sister-in-law sleeping most of the time during the trip, here are my personal facts:

- I open the window every time below 100 km/h, if it is not raining...
    - I turn off the radio 50% of the time, I like so much to listen my car singing.
    - When I am bored by listening always the same italian singer, I can turn on the hi-fi system and listen to Maurice Andre playing Bach, you have the tubi in the background but the trumpet still create a lot of emotion.
    - I leave my home at 6:15. My neighbours (they are very close to my house) never complain to be wake up by my car. Sure they recognise very well the car ;-)
    - You cannot use anymore the auto mode. Because the system use high gears = less than 3000 RPM, there is too much resonance. You must use the manual mode and cruise at more than 3000 RPM. Same "problem" at low speed, you must use lower gears.
    - In a city, the pedestrian will always turn the head. In a tunnel, the bikers are always surprised, too. I like that, the car sound like a Maserati. But you will never be discreet anymore.
    - My customers, my collegues, my friends, my kids all they say WOW, the SOUND!!!
    - My wife and a lot of other girls does not like :-(
    - Me too I was indecisive "tubi or not tubi" 3 months before to do it, but today I must recognize I am tubiholic, I think it is the final finish of the car.
    - The stock sound was VERY good, but not drug-effect like the tubi.
    - You can compare the tubi with your CD collection, you probably have a lot of nice CDs like me, but only one or two you can listen every day.

Picture : sister-in-law sleeping at more than 250 km/h in a Maserati with a tubi (picture with my phone)!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    That is Awesome!

Got any more video's of it? It really does sound mean! I've shown the video to a couple people and their jaw drops every time! hahaha