So, what will the 430 LP really be called? | FerrariChat

So, what will the 430 LP really be called?

Discussion in '360/430' started by nerd, Jun 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    To my knowledge, Ferrari has no history filing "red herring" United States Trademarks applications. In other words, if they invest in a filing, they intend to use the mark. On May 22nd 2007, Ferrari filed for "430 Scuderia".

Let the debate begin!

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hmmm. a 430 scud, huh? kind of uninspired.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hope not. F430 Team ? F430 Stable ??

4. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hi andrew. 10,000+ posts. you have to spend more time driving and less time on fchat. LOL.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This could support the "juiced up" 430 rumor floating around. More HP etc. This will be a US version that answers the airbag problem yet isn't quite a Stradale type car, for the US anyway. Where'd you get this Trademark info?

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    http://www.uspto.gov/

The Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) tool is awful, but if you search for "430", it will be towards the top of the list. Searching for "430 scuderia" produces a direct hit. The application is serial #77186885. I believe that another thread mentioned that Ferrari has also applied to trademark "FERRARI GT CALIFORNIA"

Nerd

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Good find. Light Pista and other variations discussed, don't come up. ;)

BTW, no "Dino" found either.

8. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #8 nerd, Jun 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Wow, you must be a wizz. I could only see a blurred out version of it. BTW, I think this a perfect name for a more track oriented version of the 430.

10. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    The better image is actually located in Trademark Document Retrieval (TDR) which if you have the application serial #, will provide a PDF of the Trademark and the electronic file wrapper. The name makes sense to me as they need to convince DOT that the car is just a option package to the 430, not an evolution nor a different car like the Challenge Stradale.

11. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    You guys are amazing!

12. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Either that, or this was a hoax! :D

Either way, logo looks unworthy of such a nice machine.

Onno

13. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Any one have Pictures of this f430 ? or does it look the same

14. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    there should be an F at the begining,it's F430 not 430.
    I think it would be a cool name,even though i don't care what it will be called,i just care about how good the car will be,who cares about the name,it can be called F430b*tch ass and i would still like it ;)

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This could be an attempt to distinguish the car slightly from the F430 moniker and the ensuing air bag exemption, expiration in '08. That way they can drag the 430 out another year with '10 being the replacement model.

16. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Not sure I follow ya....

To obtain the airbag waiver Ferrari argued that the current platform, whose importation ceases on 8/31/2008, is the evolution of the Challenge Stradale which was an evolution of the 360. I don't think there is any opportunity to "drag out" the 430 past 8/31/2008. Ferrari must, as claimed to the US government, produce a replacement car which passes the safety requirements without waiver. There looks to be a 12-18 month gap for US mid-engine Ferrari sales with the rumored front engine 8 cylinder car filling the revenue hole.

17. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    Not so... Ferrari are presenty talking with the DOT with a view to obtaining a one year extension beyond the current deadline.

18. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    The waiver will not be extended with "talk" but only by formal petition by Ferrari with the review & approval by NHSTA (DOT) and after a period of public comment. Care to produce a published plea? I can't locate one today in the NHSTA data base.........

19. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    I work in a law firm associated with FNA. The current talks are "off the record". If and when an agreement is reached you will be able to reference the record.

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This is what I've herd too,(and suspected) that they're expecting an extension. This could possibly tie in the recent thread about them not offering the CF challenge grill on some '07's and '08's. Some give and take going on with the DOT.

21. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Since you would be risking loss of employment by disclosing client confidential information, will you allow the rest of us to continue this discussion based solely on the facts unfettered by your anonymous and unsupported claims?

22. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    Ignorance is bliss!!

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I appreciate the 4-1-1. Thanks! :)

24. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I'm always amazed how anonymous rumor and innuendo are far more seductive than facts and substantiated intelligence, especially on the web. I suppose that's why I'll never be President of the United States. ;)

25. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Everything isn't black and white, grasshopper. There are pieces to the puzzle floating around that may or not fit one's hypothesis. It's not until events unfold that you can really stand up and say, "I told you so." In the meantime keep a steady flow of the pieces coming in ;)