Lets meet in Monterey | FerrariChat

Lets meet in Monterey

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WILLIAM H, Apr 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    OK, whose going to Monterey ? Has any1 planned an FChat dinner yet ? lets make it happen. I'm staying at the FCA hotel wherever that is. The silver race 512 is going out so I'll be driving around in some crappy rental most likely

Rob how about if you make & sell some nice FChat name tags ? Red plastic with the names in white or silver w a Horsey would look nice

2. toms

toms Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    The Doubletree is the FCA hotel downtown Monterey. Before Sunday, it is the location of the RM auction. After the Pebble Beach Concours, the best day is Tuesday night. Monday is the Monterey Aquarium dinner and Wednesday night is the Awards dinner. Tuesday is open. Would usually suggest Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley as a good place to meet ( the owner is a FCA member), but Pebble Beach has booked it that night for their volunteer dinner. Tarpey's on Hwy 68 is also good.

Good luck,

Tom S.

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I was planning on doing an Fchat dinner but could use a lot of assistance if anyone wants to help me?

Name tags would be a great idea! How about an extra perk for Rossa members? :)

Im dying to meet quite a few members, so we all need to get together somehow!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'll be there; hope to meet a lot of folks i've not yet had the pleasure of meeting and seeing, once again, the friends i've already made...

Will, why no 512...?

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Tues night after the Concors at Quail is fine. We'll be 5. Sunday night is also fine. (After Pebble).

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Money, Honey :) I'll already be trucking my 512 racer across country to Monterey with its crew, so trucking my road 512 all the way across just to drive on crowded roads for a few days doesnt make a whole lot of economic snese to this MBA

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    My wife and I will be there...
    I think there are many people (like myself) who are making it a long weekend... say thursday through moday or tuesday, not doing the whole week + thing.
    Would be nice to do it sat or sunday nite.

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I will be there from Thurs thru Tues

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I will only be there Thursday through Monday. I agree that Sunday night would be best.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I also have to agree that Sunday would be the best. Not everyone is an FCA member and they might not all be going to all the festivities followed the shows on the weekend.

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'll be there with a friend... staying at the DoubleTree... will be arriving Thursday morning into Carmel and leaving the next Friday stopping at the event at the Testarossa winery... I'll be driving from TX in my Stradale and doing all the track time that I can at Laguna Seca!

Fchat nametags with our Fchat usernames would be cool... I'd hate to get back to Fchat the next week and realize I passed right by people I would have loved to meet... just didn't have any way to "recognize" them.

An Fchat dinner would be cool, too... Sunday night there is the FCA welcome reception, so maybe Saturday night after the races? Anything on the agenda for Saturday night?

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What about those of us who will be flying in and thus won't have our F-cars with us?

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I will be coming in Friday and will be having a camper. Since I am coming with wife Sunday will be the only time for me. I want to do Pebble and then head out to do the German Tourist Camper Tour :)

Lawdog is in Carmel from all I know. He has a house, we can crash his house! What do you think? Sorry Mario...LOL just had to :) I guess now you will disconnect the power from my camper, eh?

14. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I'm liking it!

(Monterey.... littered with fcars on every corner)

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think saturday may be better for me. what days do we have Laguna Seca track days? Concorso Italiano is Friday the 13th :) Great choice LOL

16. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Saturday or Sunday is fine for myself.

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  18. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I vote for either Friday or Saturday since there already is the FCA reception Sunday. Plus, earlier in the week is better as it allows us to meet face-to-face and not miss each other during the following events.

We have the track Weds and Thurs, plus Monday for the Drivers School.

19. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Whatever we decide on, and I have no preference, I'll be there.

Gary

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I wasn't planning on attending Cavallino, Pebble, etc. but if we're having a dinner I'll try to be around.

--Dan

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Jordon
    Fri. Set it up. I'm in for 5.

22. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Hey Martin,

Since you just made my house an an F-Chat open house....you can park the Winnebago in the front yard and we can have a party wagon near Carmel Beach :) Party at Martin's winnee everybody!!!! I'll put girls gone wild on the side of it!

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    My plans are coming together a little. Just got my flight this morning...

12AUG - THURSDAY
    LV DALLAS FT WORTH 2:08 PM 2445 AMERICAN AIRLINES
    AR LOS ANGELES 3:14 PM COACH
    LV LOS ANGELES 3:55 PM 3078 AMERICAN AIRLINES
    AR MONTEREY CA MRY 5:22 PM COACH
    OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE

20AUG - FRIDAY
    LV MONTEREY CA MRY 12:31 PM 3028 AMERICAN AIRLINES
    AR LOS ANGELES 1:54 PM COACH
    OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE
    LV LOS ANGELES 3:40 PM 2458 AMERICAN AIRLINES
    AR DALLAS FT WORTH 8:58 PM COACH

For hotels I'm at the FCA hotel Sunday through Thursday and a hotel a couple miles away the previous Thursday through Saturday.

I just need to get tickets for CI, Monterey Historics, and Pebble Beach. I'm also looking at getting the Challenge car out.

I think Friday or Saturday night would be the best for a dinner IMHO. If someone can handle the reservation and details, I'll bring some goodies.

24. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Track Days are Weds 18th & Thurs 18th. I have to fly back & forth Miami to SF catch a few days of Law School on Mon & Tues

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The only days for me would be Friday or Saturday.