360 owners must see site: UNREAL! | FerrariChat

360 owners must see site: UNREAL!

Discussion in '360/430' started by msdesignltd, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Looks ricy, IMO. The only body kit worth having on a 360 is the Stradale...not only does it look better...it works.

Oh and repost. :)

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Italians should stay like Italians, aftermarket stuff made the cars look like Jap's cars

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Novitec Rosso was discussed a while ago. Check the archives. The latest issue of Forza has an article about the car.

5. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm kind of torn... I don't have the heart to touch what Ferrari has done on these cars, but at the same time the look is kinda cool. Then at the same time I have the mindset that there are almost no aftermarket parts worth using on an F-car unless it's by Ferrari themselves.

But still, I think those look cool :]

6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Its like looking at a beautiful model with a rubbish sack over her, the stunning profile is still there but spoilt by the bag, leave the car alone it is perfection in its original form.

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    It's not just the look. The thing's got a twin-supercharged 606HP engine, carbon ceramic brakes (like the Enzo), and other goodies. I don't think it's wrong to tune a production Ferrari.

8. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Yes, I agree. I think a car designer puts alot into the overall design of the car before actually going thru w/the project and whatever is the finished product is made that way to best fit in the driving conditions it was made for, for the streets/everyday driving conditions. And then you have the GT's, Challenge, etc... w/the accessories fit for those driving conditions. I think the 360 is already a beautiful design as is and quite flashy at that(Im sure there are a ton of people who would disagree). At first I didnt think so because I was a huge fan of the F355, but then the design grew on me. I think that is a great goal achieved by a designer to not have the finished product be so flashy in the beginning to the point you will grow sick of it, but grow to it in the long run and thus setting the "example" for cars to come in the future.
    All designers whether they are italians, Germans, Americans, Swedish, British, Japanese, Fench, or Korean, design in the element of their surroundings and thats what gives each country their own flare and charismatic characteristics. The Italians=Sexy and exotic, Germans=Handsome and masculine, Americans=brute, Japanese=Technical and sharp and etc... So yea, to combine such design characteristics, in my opinion can throw the balance off a bit but to some can have a different attraction and can be neat at times. Like several years back, I thought the Japanese company Iding had decent components for the F355. Not too flashy or ricey as people here would describe it. So I think to each is own. Thats what brings variety in life!
    And Dr. Shelbee, with all due respect, please take into consideration, before racial slurrs(Jap's) are used, that there maybe other members on this board that maybe of the decent that you are describing. As for me, I am of Hawaiian decent(Hawaiian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Samoan, etc basically chop suey) Thank you!

9. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Yes, Yes, Yes.... here we go:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'd go for the Imola kit though, given the choice.

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Does Imola make a kit for the Enzo Ryan? As that is the only car you should be worrying about with that kind of $$ ;) :D

12. Looks extremly ricy wouldent take anything they offer. There site is ok pretty simple just is nice and roomy. The stradale is the best looking 360 peroid.

13. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Whats wrong with those people?! Somebody better tell them it's a Ferrari... Not a Mitsubishi.

14. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I'd take one in a heart beat! "I "wouldn't" wanna pay for it though.
    I'm not a fan of all the esthetic bling bling crap, that's merely for looks,
    but there is nothing they do the car that doesn't serve a purpose.
    Go over 150 mph and you'll be glad the wing is there.
    And they'll crush just about anything they encounter.
    Has anyone heard how reliable Novitec Conversions are?

I do agree with most here though…. I'd buy the Stradale…

15. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Here we go again.....
    *crashed enzo
    *355 vs 360
    *modified ferraris
    Mods are good, ferraris are not perfect, and one car will not suit everybodys tastes. Different colours and wheel options are modifications, aswell as various interior options.

But I don't like wings.

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The veltilation holes look OK-ish, the diffuser looks like it would produce LESS downforce than the stock unit.

Loose the wing.

At the front the slats look <well> Mitsubishi at best

17. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm with you, I'd take those performance goodies, maybe change to those rims. And if they do have CF parts that cut the weight back, I'd take those too.

There's so many import racers out there that think they can take on a meesly ole 400hp 360 anyway. Leave off the flare and add the brakes and engine toys and you'll really leave those guys in the dust.

18. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    #18 need4speed, Apr 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree totally, there was one body kit posted a few weeks ago that looked OK but this is too over the top. I think Koennig is over the top also though so, take it with a grain of salt.

20. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Sorry if I offend anybody, did not mean it. I was just lazy using the abbrev for the word

21. twinturbo

twinturbo Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Could somebody post the rear of a stock 360 right under the one in the first post for a side by side comparison ... thanks

22. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    adding a twin supercharger to a a360 engine is fools gold....its fast but car will not last long....it must be designed from the ground up for this power...ask any mechanical car engineer

23. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Check the archives for the Novitec threads. There's a lot more comments there. I don't have experience with superchargers so can't make qualified comments about reliability.

24. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

I do not either, but as with any "squeezed"(not in terms of NOS) motor in terms of superchargers and turbos, the reliability department goes down quite a bit unless it comes from the factory that way. As far as the 360 is concerned, I probably would not supercharge or turbocharge the motor as it is a very high compression motor as compared to a lamborghini Diablo/Murcielago, which are lower compression ratio motors. That is why you see alot of squeezed Lambos as compared to ferraris. But as i always say, to each is own. If you can handle the maintenance and have enough cash to tune it, I guess it's up to that person.

25. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would bet that if people bought an exact body kit for the 360 that copied the Stradale two years ago before the Stradale came out most of you people would say it was hideous or "riced out". Since Ferrari sells it, it must be awesome. Be objective, obviously Ferraris can be improved on. Look at the Testarossa and the 512tr or the 360 and the Stradale. I understand some styling can be over the top but get your heads out of Ferraris ass long enough to appreciate a little originality.