HAIR LOSS | FerrariChat

HAIR LOSS

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by kenster888, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I was discussing this with a friend and just wondering if anyone's doing anything to prevent hair loss (special diet, medicine, meditation...whatever). What is the latest and the best out there? Or if you have already lost hair did you do anything (and what) about it. Is it working for you?
    I know this may be a sensitve topic and we appreciate your comments.

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes, a sensitive subject, but I'll answer.

There isn't one way or a better way, there's only 'the way that works for you and your noggin'. Nothing is tried and true, however there are certain formulas which help prevent further loss and some that help stimulate growth.

A friend of mine sent me a document some time ago with all of the research and where to buy the stuff out there. I recommend reading through it. If you would like it, it's in Adobe PDF format, a little over 700KB and just over 100 pages. Drop me an email/pm and I'll send it over to you.

4. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Anyone here had modern grafts? If so, do you have before and afterwe can see? Anyone recommend docs for this?

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    grass doesn't grow on a busy street!

6. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Just hang out with people who are much shorter than you. This way they can't see up there.

Seriously though, I have a friend who got grafts done in Miami and it looks fantastic. You would never know. I guess it comes down to the surgeon. The shame of hair replacement is that you only notice the bad jobs that look like doll hair.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    True story,

A good friend of mine used to work for CNN. Back at height of his popularity, Steven Seagal was to be a guest on Larry King Live. He DEMANDED (through his people, accompanied by the threat of not doing the interview) that the lighting in the studio be moved to a position lower than his head in order to minimize the glare from the black scalp polish he had applied to himself. He further demanded that the cameraman capture his image with the top of his head cut from the frame.

Prissy attitude from the "Fake a$$-tough guy!"

DL

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    A guy i know had hair transplants in London, They removed it from his back one at a time and replanted it on his head. That was about 5 years ago. A few months ago he went for a head and body scan, and on the scan the DR could not understand what the 100s of little white dots were that showed up on the dark scans of this head. The guy i know was also puzzeld until he rememberd his transplant.

9. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    I have heard that they have discovered a method involving the injection of certain cells to re-grow hair in mice. It will be sometime out though check the medical Journals. In the mean time hit the Rogain at least that has been proven to work.
    WARNING !! Stay away from those infomercial solutions and don’t bother trying the CRANK enlargement pills they suck use the creams, you just rub them on and wow it does get bigger…:)

Out

10. kenster888

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Hey Brother Bruce,
    Next time you're out destroying your front spoiler, give me a call I'll come with you.

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Bruce, Bruce, Bruce....I heard the news. say it ain't so!

DL

12. BRaskin

BRaskin Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    I will be glad and patiently wait for the Cell transplant or what ever it is, Untill then take the plunge and the only other choice and Shave your head Iv been doing it for a year now and I love it!

13. kenster888

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for file Randy. Interesting reading.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone ever notice that 25 years ago, men just lived with the hair they were born with.

The fact you mention this indicates you have been brainwashed. I suggest a strict regimine of beer, 1 gallon per day should get you back on track in a month or so. After becomming accustomed to this regimine, you will be able to look at these adds and or derisive comments and say "<belch> who the fnck cares?" with the bravado necessary to cut off all future questions in the topic area.

15. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Me, I wish I still had my hair.
    My 23 year old son shaves his head.
    Oh how times have changed. :)