Alfa Romeo y Ferrari | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo y Ferrari

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by rr1973, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Dear Friends:
    I found this car in Ebay and I want to know which is the relation between this AlfaRomeo car and Ferrari, because I saw the same model with Ferrari decals.

2. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    It's an Alfa Romeo 8C Monza from 1931.

Story in a nutshell; before Enzo Ferrari started to make his own cars, he was a racing driver, later a team-boss of a Alfa Romeo racing team. The Alfa's in his team (Scuderia Ferrari) had the shield with the "Baracca" prancing horse on it. When he began making his own cars back in 1947, this logo was and of course stil is, used on most of them. Some Dino's haven't got it f.e. , but that's another story...

Elementary Ferrari information, actually... the full story where the logo came from and so on, can easily be found in lots of books, the internet,...

Greets, Alexander.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If you have not read the rich history of Alfa Romeo, then you have missed a story of fantastic vehicles, racing domination (interrupted by the Germans ;)) and brilliant engineering. Infact it should be a prerequiste to reading anything on Ferrari ;). Reading their early history will explain much about how Enzo thought and where he comes from.

Enzo Ferrari was part of that as their racing devisions team manager (when Alfa Romeo farmed it out). Many of the designers that created these superb Alfa Romeos later worked for Enzo creating the early Ferraris.

The Alfa Romeo 8c was far more than the Ferrari F40 was and more than the McLaren F1 was. The 8c line won the equivalent of F1 races, Le Mans and Millie Miglia and spawned some of the fastest and most exclusive road cars in the 8c2900Bs. These cars are the ultimate collectors cars nowadays ...

Pete

4. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Thanks a lot for details about.

rr1973

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've got that one and another Alfa in mine. BBuragos IIRC.

I think mine has a team logo on it, an green shamrock on white triangle IIRC.
    Maybe I'm just still in the St. Pat's Day mode. I'll check it and post later.

6. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Yes speedy you have this model: