Great Roads in Fairfield County | FerrariChat

Great Roads in Fairfield County

Discussion in 'New England' started by stoopsdude, Aug 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    Hey guys anyone know any great driving roads near Westport, Fairfield etc. in CT? thanks

2. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I 95, Merrit Pky?? beats me I would love to know also.

3. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    i guess so.. merrit pkwy would be the best highway.. but back roads are not so great

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Easton turnpike into Fairfield is nice, from there you can go up 58 into Redding.
    I also turn down Redding rd. in Fairfield from 136 which bottoms out on Hulls Hiway.
    You need to go north to find most of the nicer drives as its just too congested near the Sound.

5. bill308

bill308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2001
    Windsor, CT
    Full Name:
    Bill Sebestyen
    I concur with davem on his selection. If you get away from the shore, roads generally get pretty interesting. Rt 58 I believe goes past Aspetuck resevoir. Greenfield hill area is pretty nice in Fairfield. Best driving roads are north of the Meritt Parkway.

One good shoreline road, and I forget the name, starts at Southport beach, goes through Greens Farms, and into Westport. Lots of niece estates through this area.

Bill

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Thats too funny, i was just starting to type that driving through Pequot ave to Beachside ave going through Greens Farms is nice though short earlier, when my wife yelled we were late for dinner so i hit send.

Bill you know this area pretty well for living up in Windsor.

7. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    beachside avenue

8. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    i got a 430 for the weekend today, and i got it this morning around 11am and i took it for a drive onto cross county.. down to 136 and 58. then i turned aroudn and went to the Aspetuck reservoir.. but that reached the end of my knowledge of the roads there it was fun drive. thanks guys

9. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Should have come by and said hi! I live in Greenfield Hill near the reservoir.

10. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do I sense the beginnings of a CT F-Car drive coming together? Nudge, nudge.... I've long thought that a semi-regular weekend cruise / scenic drive / brunch thing would be fun.

NW CT has some great roads, and I'm sure some nice restaurants...

This sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Chris

11. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    haha yeah sorry i wouldve. ive been driving around westport all day today.. i want to drive tomorrow but it looks like its going to be rainy :(

12. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    yeah we should try to organize this

13. 996cupracer

996cupracer Karting

Jan 12, 2006
    Westport, CT
    Davem I live in greenfield hill also on the Westport line and have an 03 360.

14. 996cupracer

996cupracer Karting

Jan 12, 2006
    Westport, CT
    Stoops, how did you finagle a 430 for the weekend?

15. JohnCT

JohnCT Rookie

May 5, 2005
    There aren't too many bad ones up there. Especially pretty is the road to Bridgewater center off 25, anything in Washington. RT 67 in Roxbury, the road from Lime Rock track to Hotchkiss school, the road from Hotchkiss to Sharon center and beyond to Millerton, NY. You can't go wrong up there.

BR,

John

16. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    haha i got it from Gotham Dreamcars. I took it over to your neck of the woods today in fairfield around sturges highway.. great area over there. it was very sad giving it back to them today :(

17. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    I just stumbled across this thread for no particular reason. I used to live in Weston way back when. There were some great roads north of there. In high school we used to have a heck of a lot of fun because I think it was probably less populated back then. You could do amazing speed runs on Lyons Plains road. Then continue that up to Valley Forge road past the Saugatuk resevoir. I think Black Rock Turnpike was a good one too if I remember.

In Westport there used to be a road that had this sudden steep hill called Target hill because someone had painted a huge target on it. It was like approaching a wall. We used to get airborne off that one. Somewhere I have a great shot of my friend crazy Mike about two feet off the ground in his mom's volvo. They levelled out the hill after too many crazy kids crashed into people's houses nearby.

Hope you guys find some nice roads to cruise on. I have fond memories of my days in New England. Thanks for reminding me.

David

18. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I would potentially be up for a CT drive also especially with fall around the corner.

19. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Just back from vaca...any of you going to Lime Rock this weekend? A Ct. drive would be great as well.

20. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Definitly interested in meeting up with some local owners. Stoopsdude did you get my PM from a long time ago?

21. scuderia15

scuderia15 Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    Best road i've found is Valley Forge in Weston. Right on the reservoir with turns of turns and elevation changes. Plus its actually surfaced well so it doesn't kill you to drive on it.

22. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Westport, CT
    Full Name:
    Jonathan F
    I'm in Westport, just got an '06 F430. It would be great to set up a standing weekly drive. I know some great roads up around the reservoirs up to Bethel, used to cycling on them but the F430 will work well on them too...can probably even go a bit faster...