TRIP TO MARANELLO , MODENA , TURIN ,STUTTGART !!! | FerrariChat

TRIP TO MARANELLO , MODENA , TURIN ,STUTTGART !!!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #1 Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi ALL ,

I just came back from greatest trip ever . I visited Porsche in Stuttgart , new Mercedes-Benz museum , Ferrari & Zanasi in Maranello , Maserati in Modena . Panini museum , born place of Enzo , his grave . Later I went to Torino , where I had a meeting with Giugiaro in Italdesign. I also visited more automotive places in Turin but can’t say more !!! Just believe me that it was AMAZING !!!

I was in Stuttgart for 3 days . It was great ! I arranged factory tour . Saw everything : assembly line , interior trim , production of engine . I have to tell you that I was surprised of a atmosphere around that place ! It is so different to Leipzig ! Much more “warm and friendly “ place for a automotive fans :D

I visited a museum too – very small , but well equipped ! They’re building a new one now at Porscheplatz ! It will be stunning !

Stuttgart is just full of Porsches !!!! Great place for Porsche freaks – just like me !!!
    I saw many other things linked with Porsche brand, but I was not allowed to post pix or tell anything !

I also went to Weissach , where research department and test truck located – no photos allowed !

Next day I went to a brand new Mercedes-Benz museum !
    Speechless , amazing and VERY WELL equipped !!! I saw there my favorite ones like : Renntransporter , MB SSK , and 300 SLR Uhlenhaut – only two ever made !

Everyone who is interested in automotive world should definitely see it !!!

On Sunday I went to Maranello !!! What a lovely place – so Italian ( it was my second visit ) .
    I also had a factory tour there . After six I had a private visit in Zanasi workshop – wow ! Saw this mysterious black FXX’s but can’t say anything !!! I was also riding in a pearl white 575 superamerica posted on Fchat very often !

Next day I went to Pagani …. Which is only 15 km up to Maranello . I met there Horacio Pagani ( met him first time in Geneva) . Factory is amazing and……very small what makes it even more interesting !

While being in Modena I had an appointment in Maserati …. I was really impressed about the factory . Clean , tidy , looks more German to me rather than Italian !!!

There I was suggested to go to Panini museum . Small private collection full of Maseratis and few other beauties like 300 SL and BMW 507 – purely awesome

On Wednesday I was already in Turin …nice place to visit As someone once told me “everyone who want to built a cars comes to Turin “ – TRUE ! My friend “guide” showed me most important places of this city ! The best things are mountains around Turin. Looks very pretty at evening when the sky is clean ! I started from Bertone !!! It’s located in a very special place !!! If not my guide I would never know it’s Bertone centro stile ! Next to their center , there is a gravel mine . Very often official shots of prototypes are taking there !!! I saw inside a collection of many Bertone prototypes ! AWESOME !!! I found there my favorite Iso Griffo - love this car ! Also was there Lancia Stratos Zero Prototype ! Amazing how design has changed !

Later I had a meeting with Fabrizio Giugiaro in Italdesign – it was great , he showed me museum , told me interesting things about cars , saw my portfolio !!!!

Also visited Pininfarina. It is cool but located in quite average area ! Saw there Batista Pinin Farina’s private car – Lancia Florida II - really great !!!

Stola surprised me very much – so Italian and noisy – cool.

The Turin was my last place to visit . I’ve been there for a two and a half day !

Then I came to Poland at Baltic sea , where I am at the moment !!!

Anyway , thanks for reading and ENJOY pictures ( I did almost 700 shots :p)

Reg
    Tad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
  3. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Nice ! Can't wait to see and read the rest.

4. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #13 Maranello Guy, Jul 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Very jealous, I hope to make the exact same trip as you in the future. Thank you for sharing!

6. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
  7. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    Wow looks like you had an Excellent time... I hope to visit all those places at some point in my life.

8. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    Hello Tad,

a wonderful car tripp. I see you enjoyed it!!!
    Thank you for the lot of pictures.

9. cavallino33

cavallino33 Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great pics

I took the same exact trip in June, except I stopped by Munich too.

10. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Great rip, great pics, but how come you didn't visit the Lamborghini factory museum?

I'm amazed how clean you kept your Focus on such a long trip!

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    gr8 pics, you must be exhausted ;)

12. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    No time pal ! As you can read I had an appiontment in every factory so........need to choose something !

Maybe next time :)

Cheers m8

13. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Stunning!

Really nice pictures of Pagani factory.

Where at the baltic are you at and how long are you staying? I'm heading to Leba and Wladyslawowo for 3 days soon.

14. scott.waldon

scott.waldon Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Great Trip, Great Pics, Great Cars!,
    Love the shoot of the Focus with Ferrari sign behind it :D

15. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG

I'm in Jurata ...but going back to Warsaw on Wednesday !

Reg

16. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    Not so much , really ! It was a great trip full of cars - I needed this :D

See you in UK ! I'm comming back at the end of Sept.

Reg
    Tad