Azzurro328 is selling? | FerrariChat

Azzurro328 is selling?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Prancing_Horse, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    That's definitely his car, but I thought he wanted "as close to 50K as possible." So, I'm not sure why the Buy it Now is where it is. Maybe someone is just using his pics...

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Gorgeous color, I thought of repainting my 512TR that color but she's such a brute I dont know if it would suit her

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    looks like his and is in his area, hmmm wonder why he's selling, i love that color.....must be upgrading :D

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

He told me he was thinking of selling during his recent trip to CA. He's a great guy and I'm sure the car is too.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think your confusing his car with mine. :)

7. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Gus is out of dope money.

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Oh, right right right. Oops. They are both nice... :)

Have you sold yours yet?

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm waiting to find a car to fall in love with before I dealing with the hassle of selling.

10. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Hello Guys,

One of the reasons that I love this site is because we really are like a family. I knew that I was going to come into work this morning and see some unhappy reactions to me putting my car up for sale. Unfortunately, it has to be done. I am planning on moving to Southern Cali within the next few months and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I could possibly bring it with me. The truth is that I have been financing the car and my payment might as well be a mortgage. Although I could comfortably cover the payment and all maintenance with my current income, I don't yet know what I'll be doing out West and I didn't want to be burdened with unecessarily heavy expenses while making the move. I love the car more than most people know and I will be very sad to see it go. It has been a life-long dream come true to have a 328 and I'm proud to be able to have done it on my own. Now I need to sacrifice so that I can do something else that is a life-long dream of mine: to get out of NJ! I like to look at my departure from F-car ownership this way; I did it once and I'll do it again. Again, thanks to all who are supporting my decision. Hopefully I'll be back behind the wheel soon!

Regards,
    Augustine

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Gus man..........! Come on! Don't sell that car. Look at my profile that car is sick. Why are u selling it on Ebay anyway? Wouldn't it be easier to advertise it in the paper?
    Erik

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Gus,
    I'm sure you'll have another F-car soon. I know how hard this must be. best of luck with the move. Southern California is a great place.

13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Erik,

Trust me, I don't want to do it. I put it on eBay because, whether I sell it through the auction or not, the exposure alone is worth the fee.

14. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Gus- you will have another Ferrari period (no question). Well, a good thing is you'll be in CA where there seems to be the pick of the litter for Ferraris!

You are correct- if the car doesn't actually sell on ebay, its use as an advertising medium (i.e. people contact you after the auction is over, or during the auction and say they will look at the car to puchase face to face) is quite valuable. It's the modern day classifeds! I contacted a seller after an auction ended & then looked at his car. Didn't wind up buying that one, but point is I made the contact via ebay.

Good luck with the sale, and see you soon-
    Andrew

15. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    You MUST see this car in person, the pics, nice as they are, do not do the car justice. If I was not in the middle of some other moves right now, I would go for it in a minute. It is a great car..at LEAST as nice as described.

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    NO NO NO don't do that!

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #17 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think it's sweet!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    AUGDOG - Brother, sorry to see you parting with your Ferrari. She is breathtakingly (is that an actual word??) beautiful in that color. Absolutley exquisite. If I had the room in my life for it right now, I'd be on my way down to Atlantic City with cash.
    Before you move out west to La La land (sorry So Cal F-Chatters... You guys rock too!!!), your east coast compadres want to send you off with a party... Details to follow...
    And whenever you find yourself on the east coast in need of some Ferrari speed therapy, know that you'll have mine available 24/7/365.

Hutch

19. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well he's gotta do what he's gotta do.I've never seen it in person but the color looks unbelievable.Good luck with the sale Augustine.

20. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Now that I see it..I think you are right.

21. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Hi Azzuro,

we feel with you! Not easy to find such a rare combo again.
    F-chatters should pick up this 328, please?

keep posting

cinquevalvole

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #22 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cool. :)

I don't know if the color suits the track, but I dig it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Good luck Augustine on your planned move.
    I am hoping to be heading in that direction, too (although not necessarily in SoCal), in the near future. I understand the cost of living, or rather EVERYTHING in California is expensive (but probably WORTH it). That's why although I'm keeping my 328, I've postponed buying a newer FCar
    so as not be in a financial quandary.

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Okay guys, here's the deal. I need to get out of this car soon so that I can seriously begin planning my move. I have an outlet to get the car sold in two weeks but it isn't the method I'd prefer. If anyone has any interest in my car, or if anyone knows anyone who does, now is the time to act. I would prefer to sell this car to someone that I know will appreciate it like a fellow F-chatter. If I don't sell it to someone within the next two weeks though I will go the other route. Please let me know if anyone has an interest in the car and I will share with them whatever they need. Thanks!

-Augustine

25. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Strange I notice the airboxes on that 512TR are black, what year is it? My friends '92 has silver boxes, I keep trying to talk him into painting the Ferrari insignia black but he won't go for it! LOL