Any Bohemians here? | FerrariChat

Any Bohemians here?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by MufflerMan, Jun 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Just got back from the Jinx, and ran into not a single F-car guy, any active Bohemians here?

2. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    I blew it off to run in the Wine Country Classic. - GJ

3. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Thats to bad, although I can't say your alternative was a bad one. You missed a great time.

4. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    a co-worker was there.

Something about a Pagan ritual...he was unclear about it all... :)

5. mod4b

mod4b Karting

Sep 21, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    K
    Not one? Weird. Did you see the superamerica in the parking lot? I swung by the wine country classic on my way home.

6. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    Some tried to do both which may be a bit much and I can think of one other that chose to race as well. It is too good of a race weekend and I get plenty of time among the redwoods. - GJ

7. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Saw the Superamerica and the blue 550. The blue 550, Continental GT, and Maybach were all baking in the sun, I cringed at the possible dash shrinkage. The blue 550 needs front tires if that is anyone here.

8. djn04

djn04 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    SF, CA
    But did Billy Gibbons and Jim Bulshi play at the Wine Country Classic.

9. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    Before this goes further one should note this is a public forum. Perhaps I should not have added to it, oh well. GJ

10. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Good point, great show!

11. ninbit

ninbit Rookie

Jun 26, 2006
    since it seem's you are member's of the Bohemian Club, I was wonder if you wont mind me asking you about President Kennedy's involvement with the club.
    The reson why I am asking this is becuse of this memo.

John Kennedy letter re Bohemian Grove invite - SF club June 11, 1957. Washington, D.C. A typed letter signed “Jack” to Roger D. Lapham, Jr., the son of the Republican mayor of San Francisco. The Senator, writing on his “United States Senate” letterhead, writes about the famous and exclusive Bohemian Grove: “Many thanks for your letter of recent date. I certainly appreciate your writing me concerning Martha McEnerney and I would have enjoyed meeting her very much. However, my secretary advises me that she was in Washington on June 7th, at which time I was in Arkansas speaking at a State Bar Association meeting. I regret this very much, particularly because of your kindness in writing me about her, and I hope that it will be possible for me to meet her sometime when I am out in California. I also want to thank you for inviting me to visit The Bohemian Grove this summer and I am very anxious to get out there. However, my plans are very indefinite at this time. If I do come out I will certainly get in touch with you. Hoping to see you sometime soon…”. At the bottom of the letter, Kennedy scrawled “I would like very much to come to the Grove some year – even if I am not able to now at this time. I appreciate the invitation & will be in touch with you on this

[​IMG]

12. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    I personally know nothing about this. There are, however, a lot of political rumors about the Grove. Do a search, everthing from the birth of the atomic bomb to FBI arresting members.