Sauber exhibit in Lucerne - Switzerland | FerrariChat

Sauber exhibit in Lucerne - Switzerland

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Apr 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #1 tifosi12, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In honor of Peter Sauber's retirement the "Verkehrshaus der Schweiz" in Lucerne, Switzerland has a special exhibit from now until October this year. It has many race cars from Peter's collection, which is normally not open to the public.

I had a chance to visit and here are a few pictures. When I saw the fake horsey sticker on the Daytona I nearly fell over laughing. Not quite sure what the story is there. Anyway, the exhibit has 7 F1, 4 Le Mans Group C, 3 other race cars and six sports cars. Plus one F1 sim where you get to play "F1 2002 Challenge".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Which year is that Group C car from?

Schumi race a Sauber Mercedes Group C car in 1990.

3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Where in Lucerne is this museum? Is it near the Transportation Museum (which is also very cool)?

Mark

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Nice MB

Not sure about the wall color...lol

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hey, wait a minute - IT IS THE SWISS TRANSPORT MUSEUM. The museum is open pretty much all the time. I first was there in August 1966 and the last time I was there was in September 2002.

If you go, make sure you visit the lake and boat barge display -- I stuck a "National Waffle Association" sticker on the door of the lake boat on display next to some surf shop stickers.

Mark

6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Don't like the color of the wall? What about the color of the Miura????

YUCK!

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes it is. It is a 5 minute cab ride from the central train station. And yes, it has an awesome collection of trains, planes and other things.

Admiral: Sorry I paid no attention to the Group C cars. I know the Le Mans winning pair (88 or 89 I believe) was there and then some. I didn't see Schumacher's name on any of them, but as I said, I didn't really pay attention. I'm very single minded: F1 or bust. :)
    Edit: Checked all my pics and didn't find MS on any of the four Le Mans cars. However one Le Mans car doesn't show any driver names at all, so that might be the one. Yearwise it would be about just right.

In hindsight I feel bad I didn't even take a pic of the 2nd Alfa. I'm sure it had something to do with Enzo. Might even have been the car he was racing himself, but I don't know those cars very well.