98 sv diablo or 96 awd which one? | FerrariChat

98 sv diablo or 96 awd which one?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Mr fucarwe, Sep 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    which one is the better car the sv with rear drive or the more complicated 96 awd. the 98 is silver and the 96 is red. i'm approved with woodside and thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon, any comments would be great. I never thought one could get into a nice unit for under a hundred if things don't pick up they may be under 50 you think? no time for me to wait i gotta pull the trigger. thanks

2. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    The only issue I had when looking at the Diablos, was when sitting in the SV, I couldn't operate the gas, brake and clutch independently. The peddles were too close together for me to operate well. Have you driven one?

3. abunawafff

abunawafff Karting

Jul 11, 2006
    the pedals are the same on both cars.. but having driven awd diablos and having an sv. i would say the sv is more fun and agressive...the 99 are the best sv's

4. detailjohn

detailjohn Karting

Sep 4, 2008
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    John
  5. 101010

101010 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2008
  6. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    an SV under $100k???? Seriously??? or are you just talking about the '96?

Price aside....buy the SV.

7. brianp_is

brianp_is Rookie

Sep 12, 2009
    Western Australia
    Full Name:
    Brian Poh
    SV hand down. Maintanance will be less, If anything.

Yup, definately the SV.

8. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    +1 on the SV and consider the 2001 6.0.

9. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

....yeah, I was wondering about that. The two cars quoted are very far apart in price. An SV is not under $100K

....looking for any Diablo around $50K is wishful thinking or a dream that turns into a nightmare as soon as you buy it.

...don't really see that. Maintenance is the same. Perhaps the lack of AWD may make for less future repairs to the diff

.....oh, you will save on gear oil for the front diff :D

Please clarify the price gap to the cars you're looking at. Are you looking at similar priced cars?

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

11. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    SV hands down.

But as others have said before, you're not comparing like for like in terms of price. A '98 SV at $100K sounds like it needs some serious repairs. Market prices for '98 SVs in good nick are at least $150K. They're rare cars and good ones don't come on the market that often.

12. FAST360

FAST360 Karting

Jan 26, 2009
    I don't know about you guys but I think this guy
    is just pulling everyones chain LOL!!!

13. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    hey shamile,,yes under 100k for a sv. pos, i don't know? getting the details tomorrow. i'll go for the sv.. just can't grab the testarossa even though there all over the board at 45-80k love the diablo too much and hopfully can keep my 328

14. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

I can only assume it is the 1998 red SV on E-bay currently

15. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    That car has had a complete engine tear down - anyone know the story behind it?

Plus, the car's on the west coast and they didn't use Steve @ Driven Exotics or Gary Bobileff for a complete engine tear down? I'd be extremely cautious about this car.

16. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    save me some pain and sell the forbes unit to me? whats the story on that unit and where isd she parked?

17. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    why would you auethat? 2 sv's for uder 100k that i know of.

18. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    NO NO, theres another one. that unit looks like crap the unit in lost wages that is..

19. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    buy the SV
    or get the VT and remove the VT :)

20. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

"NO NO, theres another one. that unit looks like crap the unit in lost wages that is.. "
    I just looked at the ad on Ebay, receipts, etc..so what is wrong with the car other than cosmetic stuff?

21. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    looks like crap, don't mean it is, it just looks it to me..must be the wheels?

22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

Fucarwe, just list the cars you're looking at. No one is going to swoop in as they would already have.

This is a very small community and chances are someone knows the car or owned it.

For example, I know the Forbes car...who owns it and what's been done to it.

Not going to pull the rug on Roy but the car is well maintained and owned by an solid individual. If you buy it from Roy....you're getting a good car.

BTW, since you mentioned that you're "approved"....Roy also offers financing....ask for a "Roy-special"....elves not included. :D

Are you a member of LP? A certain member there knows every single Diablo and it's story.....yes, scary. :)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

23. Mr fucarwe

Mr fucarwe Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    western kentucky
    hey shamile, i love the forbes car. what kind of elves are we talking about.. the sv is at lambo chicago. i'm kinda worried about them as i drove 650 miles round trip to check out a countach and when i arrived i couldn't even drive the damn thing as it was hitting on about 6. 72k was cheap but you got cheap in return. i'm done with countach's unless to buy and look at. the diablo is in my interest and woodside credit is supporting my white trash azz.i started with steves 91 but can't seam to get the paper work and more pics from him? interstatemotors maybe he has the swing flu? cheap car allowing me to keep my lovely 328. the other units i'm into might require me to trade my little italian unit, i hate to think of that.then on the flip look what can be had fro another 50k even though i can't seam to make myself spend or finance more than 90, i know flame on i'm a cheapo wanting a lambo and somehow in these days it does mix as yesteryears it wouldn't.

24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Fucarwe,

Nothing wrong in sticking to your budget.

Please remember.....Diablos are budget busters. If you feel you are buying a questionable car....beware. These cars cost allot to maintain......way more than your 328 and even more than my 91 Testarossa.

If the Forbes car is in your budget.....it may be worth your while.

The benefit of the 96 VT is that you have updated tensioners and crank bearings. The crank bearings in the 91-93 have issues.....premature wear, even under 10K miles.

If you see a 98 SV for such a great price and someone like Roy hasn't bought it....you may want to think about that.

If it's just high miles...OK, but do your homework.

Ask your questions....we are all here to help.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

25. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I would be happy to...I will even throw in FREE shipping TO you as well. It is still sitting in Phoneix AZ. The car is in excellent condition.

It comes with my exclusive money back guarantee!!

Thanks Roy Cats

[email protected]