Anybody up for Karting in Chicagoland? | FerrariChat

Anybody up for Karting in Chicagoland?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The first in door go kart venue in Chicagoland has opened:

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

Might be a fun way to spend some quality time in the winter months to come. Anybody up for it?

It is in Buffalo Grove.

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Sounds like fun, there was another one like this in Rolling Meadows, shut down a few years ago

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah. I just read an article about that. I think it was $25.00 for an hour,which sounds reasonable to me. I actually have a Go-Kart track less than a mile from my house on RT.83,in Oakbrook Terrace/VillaPark. But,it's an outdoor track,probably closed for the season. But,their Karts have racecar bodies on them,and a "squirrelly" little track. I need to lose a few LBs. before I do any Karting!

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    SWEET!!! That would be awesome!!! I AM GAME For sure!! But, i read a few issues, it said no alcohol 8 hrs prior to driving, yet they have a friken bar in the place.... I guess, we go there, race for a while and then get some drinks??? Maybe we should have our Fchat holiday party here???? These karts they say can get upto 50-60 mph?!?!?!?! YIKES!!! i guess it's pretty serious there??? We have to get a bunch of us at the same time on the track with cam corders and cameras. I wander if they would allow that while driving??? Holding a cam corder????

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I got a "pod" for my camcorder that is made for roll bars in race cars. Bought it originally for Skip Barber. Karts don't have roll bars, but sometimes some bars for the steering column, that might be a safer way to get some cool footage. I also got an extreme wide angle lens.

I found one picture on their website that shows the carts, but it is so dark that it is hard to tell, but in all likelihood there is a bar.

6. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey guys my name is Mike. I go to school down here at Purdue. I have been reading your posts for some time now. You sound like a great group of guys. I was really impressed with the pictures of the Ferrari's you guys took in Chicago.
    I was wondering if I could tag along and come and race some time with you guys at that go kart place. I have a kart at home, so you dont have to worry about me catching up to you guys..hahah. Anyways, let me know when you guys plan on going and I will see if I can make it up there to hang out, if thats ok with you guys. Thanks! :)

~Mike P.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You have a kart? Well, then show us how its done properly!

Everybody is welcome, don't have to be a Ferrari owner, just an enthusiast. So welcome!

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Welcome Mike--of course you can join us. It seems to me that, as we talk about doing this at the same time that we're trying to put together a holiday party, perhaps the two should join forces and have--ready for this?--a Holiday Karting Party! If you get enough heads, we could rent it out for a few hours. Thoughts...