How do people react to your ferrari II | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How do people react to your ferrari II

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    This was years ago, probably 10, and I was not driving at the time. I was in my dad's '87 328 GTS stopped at a light. A big truck pulled up next to us, it was the type of truck that everyone has seen. An old 80's Ford that was restored with a high lift and a really loud exhaust. The two guys in the car (forgive me if I offend anyone) were white trash cowboys. They yelled out over their exhaust and the 328's exhaust "What kind of car is that?" My dad always being pretty quick-witted, said "It's a Fiat." They got a puzzled look on their faces because I am sure they had never heard of Fiat. The light turned green and they floored it. My dad did not think they were going to try and race, but once he saw they were he stomped on it, and we flew by them.

MJG

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    ".... that thing got a Hemi?"

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    have to admit that i love rolling past buckingham palace on the weekend just about the time of the changing of the guard, there are usually hundreds of tourists standing around with their cameras ready, then they see me stopped at the light and its like they just saw madonna - they all start taking pictures and pointing - and then i drive off w/ a few extra revs.....i know its shallow but its fun !

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Any updates?

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    All I can say is, I don't even have my Ferrari yet and already all my friends at work are excited. I was going to give them all rides but maybe I should sell the rides instead.......

6. thadbrown

thadbrown Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    ross that is great.....lol
    thad

7. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    Well let me start by saying that the part I see is pretty much thumbs up ,other than the how much did it cost,what year, it is mostly positive.Today I had a few ricers switch several lanes to check her out ,and also had a cop pull up at an intersection and after complimenting my car,he asked me if I wanted to trade cars for a few hrs,then when on to say. "I bet I wouldn't have a chance in hell of catching you ,would I". I told him," not in that car"'.We laughed ,he followed me several miles then waved good by, radar detector on my window and all.I thought he was pretty cool!

8. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I REFUSE TO LET THIS THRED DIE!!!!!!111

9. RetiredAge21

RetiredAge21 Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hoffman
    My 360 Spyder draws alot of attention as well, lots of strange remarks from people. #1 questions people ask is how I can afford if i am drug dealer or a sports player (I am young 21 6'5 220lbs). So I winded up getting license plate STK MRKT let people know before they ask lol. There hasn't been a time where I pulled into a gas station and I have to hangout and talk to people for like 25 minutes.

I get more reactions from they younger "women" crowd of all ages.

"Nice car", "Will you marry me", "Can i give you roadhead", "That car would look better with me in it" "Are you single"

My favorite remarks are from the younger black people make me laugh comments such as

"Bling Bling Dawg" "That **** is HOTTTTTT" "Are those 20z" "Dam dawg that **** is pimp"

Older crowd remarks:

"Thats a fine looking automobile" "Nicest car I have ever seen"

Negative remarks are:
    "That car is fake" "Too cheap to afford a lamborghini" "200K car I bet he can't afford to fill up the tank" and my favorite "Did mommy and daddy buy you that" or "is that daddys car"

My best stories are:

Driving along with a friend down Atlantic City, NJ for a fun night of gambling/clubbing. A car full of girls in Honda Civic pull up next to us and flash us after screaming we love you. So we talking to them at light and tell them where we are going they follow. They checkout car and lets just say I had fun night :)

Another story driving and 2 kids in a mustang pull up next to me staring. I drop the top right at the light and the kid in the mustang gets out of his car right in middle of traffic and ask if i can pull over so he can video tape my car. I did and he video taped my car and thanked me for it.

I went downtown Philadelphia to the "Weekend Races". I dont really race just more or less show off the car etc. They blocked street off where all cars were racing to handout street racing tickets. The cop tickets everyone on the street with a "sports car" the cop comes up to my window and says i can't give you a ticket its a ferrari!! Let me hear it, i rev'd for him and he gave me his card said if you ever get a ticket let me know I can get it erased for you.

Worst experiences:

Driving by myself around 2:30am. I pass a car doing around 60 in a 45 when all sudden the car blows by me then slows up about 1/8 mile up. I staying in my lane doing same speed the car cuts infront of me just as i am ready to pass. I try to go around but he will not let me pass. This happens for about 1/2 mile we get to a light. Car full of drunk kids talking **** to me i just went through the redlight get away from them.

Other then that, The 360 has been a dream come true for me, granted I am lucky receiving something at this early of a life.

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Some impressions I've heard from my father:

People always turn around and give it a look. Once at 7/11 some kid came and told my dad "that is pimp right there". My dad had no idea what he was saying! Besides that, people crowding around it, asking to rev it and of course the most annoying question "How much did it cost"

11. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am just getting a little fed up with people coming up to me and ask me questions like "How much is your car", "How fast" etc.

12. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hey Mickey, I checked your profile and it says you have an F355 5.2. What's with the engine size? I've heard about these before but I'd be very interested to know the details..

13. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I have had the "how much did it cost" routine many times,I just say to much and that is it,have never had any adverse reaction to either of my Ferrari"s but that is probably because there are very few around my area,to give you an idea how rare they are I have only seen one other on the road in the past 2 years.

14. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    LOL, I've been accused of the same thing; not over a car though, but a wrist watch!

It happened last week. I think the line of conversation went something like this:

Guy A: "What type of watch is that?"

Me: "An Omega."

Guy A: "Is that good?"

Me: (after thinking about my answer for a moment) "Uhh.. yea."

Guy B: "How much was it?"

Me: "$3k"

Guy B: "Holy sh*t!"

Guy A: "Sh*t man, are you a drug dealer or something?"

Me: *laughs* "No."

Guy A: "Where'd you get the money from them? You're a drug dealer, aren't you... Can I score? Come on man!"

I hastily excused myself after this.

15. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    5.2 refers to the Montronic system. There are two models of 355. The earlier model uses the 2.7 system, the later one uses 5.2.

Essentially, the 2.7 has got a little more horse power than the 5.2 model.

The engine size is 3496cc. Sorry about the confusion.

16. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Went on a rally organized by Martin down to the Fla Keys. We had my 512TR, 308QV, 360 spyder, 2 Mondial spyder, 348 spyder & 355 spyder & A lot of fun. Once we got into the town of Key West more people were oggling th eparade of Ferraris than any of the Harleys. Everywhere we parked we drew crowds. Cant wait to go on another rally :)

17. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Allow me to rephrase for our busted BS'er:

"The 360 IS a dream for me, so I will entertain the members of F-Chat with my delusions of grandeur."

(see thread entitled "New Guy Here..." for history)

18. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    I have a standard, self-deprecating response when people ask me about my Mondial:

"I'm your worst nightmare--an Asian driver with a Ferrari."

19. pdevivo

pdevivo Karting

Sep 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    PD
    The 2 comments that were most memorable:
    1. While looking for a place to park for my '87 Testatrossa someone jumped out and said, "please follow me -- I'd be honored to have you take my parking place!

2. While filling up at a Chevron station: Someone commented: Great car - where's the blond??. I told him she was at home having breakfast!!

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

Should've given them a good dose from your E11! :D

--Dan

21. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Only had the car two weeks, but still some interesting reactions.

Yesterday watched a bunch of college kids going weak at the knees looking at the car. They started to walk off and then one turned around to touch the exhaust (Never understood that one). Then they got their phones out and started taking pictures of each other standing next to the car. They left with very big smiles on their faces.

A week ago we pulled up at a petrol station. Wife got out to get some food, and got asked by two van drivers if they can sit in the back! Er i dont think so...

Also had some tree surgeons at the house who had come to trim the tree in the front garden. I park my car in the drive under a cover, and they asked me to move it. They started joking around saying I bet there is a ferrari under the cover. You should have seen their jaws drop when they realised they were right!

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Better watch out, did he follow you out to try and "roll" you?

23. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Did you say: "Umm NO, but most definately YES, well, for awhile at least until you finish giving me roadhead that is, and YES I am, well at least at this particular moment I'm single"

This coming from the Russtang driving, toothless, Section 8 & Food Stamp crowd I'm sure
    My best stories are:

Just make sure you keep you hand on your wallet...and wear a raincoat, or two!

That's why you carry a large-caliber firearm with you.

24. Alanmondial

Alanmondial Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Alan Butler
    I have had nothing but good reactions from people when I've been out in the Mondial. Funnilly enough the most memorable on was last night. I had taken the Mondial out for a little exercise and was on the final leg home. The car was running beautifully and all in the world was great. I was stopped at some traffic lights when I spotted a man out walking with his young son in a pram/buggy. The child can't have been more than three so I can't imagine that he would have the same biased view the rest of us have about Ferraris. Anyway as I drove off from the lights this kid could not take his eyes off the car to such an extent that as he craned his head to get a better look at the car he nearly fell out of the pram. For me that says it all.

25. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    that's more than many owners drive their own anyway! Good luck.