Gallardo Spyder Unveiling | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gallardo Spyder Unveiling

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by racerdj, Jun 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i hpe those numbers are too high richard, but i am afraid you may right....once you get over 200k and closer to 300 k you enter a different price point...esp with f40 near 300k now and used carrera gts approaching 350k.....at 250k , why not get a used g car for 145-150k, and get a 355spider or porsche tt cab or sl55 to cruise around in....or a used murci coupe for 200k and a porsche cab to tool around in....i know, you cant apply too much logic to exotic cars...if we all were perfectly logical, we would never buy a lambo or ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I attended the event in NYC today. The Spyder is absolutely _stunning_ -- looks great top up and down. They took very little from the Concept S (not a dual-pod design; same front intakes as the coupe), and looks exactly like what I was expecting a well-designed convertible version of the G to look like. Top opens and closes very quickly (<15 seconds I'd estimate), and the rear bonnet is fully mechanical and opens front-to-back (like the murci roadster). The most notable difference is that the entire windshield frame is black (not body-colored), which really gives the car a more aggressive roadster look and stops it from looking like a chopped-up coupe.

nlh

ps -- and if by "tight security" they meant three twenty-something PR babes saying "Um, do you have a camera phone?", then I'm glad Lamborghini isn't in charge of Homeland Security...:) Too bad I left my camera at home.

3. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    any word on prices???????????

4. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    I've heard this as well, and assuming they did produce it, I doubt that it would even have a top. This would be a very very limited production car, not a daily driver. Though maybe it would.

And now that Noah has informed us of the "tight" security at these events, perhaps someone will "inadvertently" take a phone call at the preview and "accidentally" snap a picture, that will "mysteriously" get posted in this thread???

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    saw it today in NYC loved it, would have brought a tv crew if i knew the security was going to be so lax :(

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Car looks mega hot. Those rims are seriously *****in'. I agree with Noah that a black windscreen frame suits the car magnificently!

Richard / racerdj- highly envious of you guys!! - ;)

8. Never

Never Karting
    BANNED

Nov 24, 2004
    Unreal how good that looks...wow. Luc Donckerwolke can do no wrong, the Murci, Gallardo, Murci Roadster, and now this. He's at the top of the pyramid right now, no one else can touch him, least of all Pininfarina's brass.

They're nasty cell-phone cam pics and it already looks a ton better than the F430 Spyder lol.

Impressive.

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for all the info on previous showings. What was the dress code? Ie: shorts and golf shirts or more towards long pants and oxford shirts or worse yet ties and suits??

10. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Vik - When I get her - you are going to have to Roadtrip out to Cincy to see it!!!

That does look very nice - I would say a nice conversion from Coupe to roadster - doing it correctly by not just chopping the top and calling it a spider!

Can't Wait!!!

Rich

11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I also wonder if they are still going to do the Glass Bonnet with the Spider - that would be cool... But it looks like the top goes down in the upper 1/3 of the rear deck?

Any input for those who went to see it on where the top folds down...

Rich

12. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Great to see those pics, thanks!

Maybe one of the next visitors could take down the VIN for me and check for manual or e-gear? That would be really great!

Thanks and ciao,
    Lars

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Neat pics. Those wheels look grrreat.

Bring on the split Roadster !!!!!!!!

14. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    holy crap that looks bad ass! I want I want!

15. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    OMG, it looks soooo good, Has that clearcut spider line that F355 had and was forgotten by Ferrari.

16. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    That has to be the finest looking italian exotic convertible on the market..

Bar none! Thats stunning..

Thanks for the photos!

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Interesting commentary from another board:

18. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    i love it.

19. erdero

erdero Karting

May 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Eric
    not bad, not bad. the murcielago roadster still puts it to shame though. i, unlike everyone else, dont like the wheels that much. the regular gallardo wheels work better, and the murcielago roadsters wheels are the best lamborghini wheels ever. ever.

20. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That looks great!!

21. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Wow, love it, looks great.

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Holy crap that kicks the 430 Spider's butt!!
    Rich ... let me get a ride in the silver one before you get the Spyder!
    Then I can say I had a ride in 2 Lambos not just one.

23. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Looks good, but awfully boring. It's just a chopped up Gallardo. Was secretly and desperatly hoping for some old-school Lambo in-your-face styling, "a la" Concept S.

24. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah i want to wait for some decent pics before passing judgement... having said that, here's what i thought when i first saw it:

25. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Finally, an unarguable home-run for Lambo. This one will trade at a premium. Scorching, simply scorching.

I'll have to see it in the felsh but I think it has the Murci convertible, the 430 Spider and the Superamerica beat.

The line is so clean because they retracted the roll-bars. Ferrari should have done the same but they probably didn't want to add more weight. But on the convertible the extra weight is worth it. It's gorgeous.

Bravo Lamborghini and Luc Ducken......(don't remember how to spell his name.)

Forza,

Cavallini