Why I don't go to NYC | FerrariChat

Why I don't go to NYC

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Dec 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #1 UroTrash, Dec 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. gentry

gentry Guest

That definitely appears to be a woman's shoe. The front stops too close to the toe for a mans shoe. Granted it is a drawing and I have seen a few people wear leopard print shoes before. Zebra print would be SO MUCH more manly.

3. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Out of their Men's line they only have one shoe that looks like a mans shoe.

The black one at the top is interesting with what looks to be a bow tie attached to it.

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  5. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #5 UroTrash, Dec 29, 2004
  6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Loafers need to be lightened, eh Doc?

Don't worry, the internet is an intimate place!

DL

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Those loafers would definitely be self-lightening!

8. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Those are genuine leopard skin pimp dance club editions, invented by Danny Tario the guy that taught John Travolta how to dance in Saturday Night Fever.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    As my governator would say "Those are for gurly men".

10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Quick! Hide this thread from Lamarossa!

11. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I think you're just being homophobic

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    is this where Bernie gets his shoes?

13. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #13 UroTrash, Dec 30, 2004
  14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    There's no question about it, if I were to wear those shoes INSIDE the state of Texas, I would be shot immediately. People in Texas would view me just like old Yeller foaming at the mouth. They'd have to put me out of my misery.

15. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    We call those "Catch me shoes," which is short for "If you can catch me, you can **** me."

16. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    My old office on Park Ave. used to be across the street from Sulka, a reknown men's store with astronomically priced goods that went out of business a few years ago. (Even rich people used to wait until their biannual "sales" events, so the prices were only ridiculous). Anyway, i used to walk by their store front all the time, and one window had me laffing: it displayed a silk/cashmere smoking jacket, ascot and for lack of a better word, a pair of "king slippers," these really low, black suede cut-away loafers with a heraldic emblem embroidered on the face of each shoe. I thought those worthy of only the most recherche.
    Anyway, i was at a party a few years later, hosted by a noted euro-society character in New York, and apart from seeing the first person -ever- outside of a movie to wear a monocle, there was an aged chap wearing, you guessed it, a pair of "king slippers." By the way, those shoes with the skins are nothing in New York. But, i don't think i'd have the balls to wear 'em. However, i do have quite a collection of custom and other western boots that i wear everyday to the office, to court, to meetings, etc. My favorites include a pair of Shagreen - that's green stingray to the unintiated- boots with extremely pointy toes and an alligator pair with hand-tooled uppers, sporting, yes, it's true, an engraving of the Cavallino Rampante. Eat your hearts out.... and yes, i can post a pic or two if you insist.

17. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    OHHH POST POST POST POST POST !!!!!!

18. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Yes, post a pic.

In my 20s all I wore were cowboy boots, my favorite were Diamond Back Rattlesnake, I wore out 2 separate pair, I still have a pair I have not worn in about 10 years, one of my ex girlfriends finally got me to stop wearing them after she kept telling me, "the stud look is out" over and over again, maybe i'll dust them off again.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    whart, I'm right around the corner from Rocky Carroll, of Oak Forest Shoe Shop........

He's done a few for both President Bushs, and those tall white ones for Liz Taylor, A.J. Foyt.......

A friend met him and borrowed a pair for her fashion show......I was looking at them in her back seat and inside it said "Micheal Jackson"....I said "you've got MJ's boots!"

She mislaid them in the dressing room downtown and they were lost for a day or two.........

I can't afford him, but he has some nice ones...he hasn't worked as much since some robbers smashed him beneath a car....he did shoot two of the three though..they caught them following the trail of blood.....

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Poor Rocky didn't walk for almost six months.....he was in my hospital..

President Bush dropped by to check on him.......

21. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Don't worry, you don't have to go to NYC. I'm sure they will ship them to you. Ask for a pretty bow on the box.

22. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Belgian shoes ...

first, and most important, the store is a couple hundred feet from the new Ferrari showroom.

They're an acquired taste, I think. My wife loves them, our recent visit for the F showroom opening required a side trip up the block and the purchase of several pairs. The Belgian shoes are slipper soft and cozy, so much so that signs in the shop warn that they won't stand up to sidewalk use without some modification. Best of all, from my wife's perspective, the come in bright colors, red, blue, with piping. When we were in the shop, we shared it with a famous New Yorker/actress, so perhaps these shoes have a cult following. Apparently the same fellow has worked in the shop for many years.

The mens' shoes don't do much for me.

Happy shopping, cheers, Will

23. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #23 UroTrash, Apr 13, 2005
  24. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Since me and Ralph are going to NYC in July, now we know what shoes to wear :D

Thanks doc!! :)

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

YO Ryan.

you're gonna be two hours north of me. Close enough to swing over and pay a visit??

You can crash on the couch. OH UM ER, I'll get you a room at the Radnor Hotel, It'll be more comfortable for you, and a mile farther away from my women folk.

But seriously, if you're gonna be that close, you have to swing by. I'll gather up the tiny Main Line contingent and we'll buy you a beer.

WADDA YA SAY???

Good ol' Dave