Rented a 360 for 24 hours | FerrariChat

Rented a 360 for 24 hours

Discussion in '360/430' started by sepp forcher, Aug 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    to begin with, you see a porsche whatever, an sl, a bmw m,... and you think: " wow that's a great car". but then you see a ferrari and you realize that actually this one is outperforming all other cars. i mean porsches, mercedes and bmw are good cars, but not as good as ferraris. and the most important thing concerning ferraris is that they're actually not cars, they are a philosophy. and even my mother said to the 360 spider in giorgio alloy: "that's not a car, it's a work of art".

the curves, the sound, the heritage...unbelievable...wow...wow...wow

i hope you like the pictures

2. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
  3. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
  4. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    three more and the best one follows!

5. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    i really love this pic

i hope you like my little collection i have some pics more maybe i post them later!

i'd like to say thankyou to my dad, who had made this possible and to my friend (the boy on the pic with the rs4), who gave me his digicam for this day!

alright!

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Pretty cool!!

How much was it to rent for 24 hrs????

7. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    498 Euro and you have 200 kilometers for free

for each kilometer more than 200 you have to pay 0,85 cent

8. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    i don't want to open a new thread, i just wondered what colours for the 360 are available. what is silver, grey, giorgio alloy, tour de france blue, pozzi blue... and in addition which colour is "my" 360 spider? isn't it giorgio alloy?

9. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    sorry: it's not gorgio alloy, but Grigio-Alloy

10. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The following links giv a good guide but your Ferrari dealer actuall;y has this wonderful box of colours that show the normal range for the 360. If you have enough money, I believe you can get any colour you want :)

http://www.barchetta.cc/all.ferraris/2001.colors/

http://www.ferrariclub.com/faq/colors.html

I wanted the colour you rented but went with the standard red for resale. Sigh.

11. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yup, she looks Grigio Alloy to me!

I'm sure it was an awsome time. Thanks for sharing your pics...I particularly like the one from above.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Looks like a lot of fun. Where is that? Sorry to sound so clueless but I presume it's Austria.

13. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    it's austria. in wieselburg near vienna (1 hour)

14. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Your mother is absolutely right.

Thanks for sharing.

15. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    Thanks for the pictures ,and Im sure you had one hell of a good time!!

Grigio alloy is beautiful!!

16. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    It looks very much at home in your driveway

[​IMG]

Could you share your impressions on the driving experience?

17. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Sounds like a blast....congratulations on being able to experience the beauty and prestige of a 360 firsthand. You are a lucky man.

18. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wow, that's a really good deal. In Beverly Hills they charge around USD 2,500 and up for a day for a 360 spider. I could buy a plane ticket to Vienna and two days 360 rental there for the same money!!

Great pix, by the way - I'm sure you had a fantastic day.

Cheers
    Kevin

19. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I am definitely renting a 360 in Europe next time I go (spring of 05). The cheapest I could find in the US was $1100 a day with only a 100 miles.

20. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    thanks for those lovely answers, it is an understatement to say that it was a great day. it's simply the sportscar, nothing to compare with.

pros: a lot of space, much more than in the earlier models, wonderful to look at, the sound is gorgeous and you attrect a lot of people's attention,

funny: a group of four 20 year old boys passed me and one of them said: "that's how people look who drive a ferrari"

cons: the alarming system is horrible, during our ride the brake light was on, although there were no problems concerning the brakes, and what made me really worry was the thing that if you drive "automatic" and you accelarate suddenly, and this happened a few times, the ferrari changes into "N", why is this???

one pic more:

21. 9software

9software Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Is it me or is it just that EVERY Euro car I see does not have shields.
    Is it a US thing? I wouldn't own a US car without shields...
    I've also noticed that 99% of all Euro to US conversions don't have factory shields (i.e. stick-ons or nothing).
    Neither of those 360's in those pictures had the shields...

22. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    hey, r those seats an option? i've never seen that kind of 'racing bucket' seat in a 360 spider before...

23. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    From what I understand the reason that the tranny goes to neutral (during extended sitting) is to save the parts of the clutch that are under pressure during clutch dis-engagment, mainly the throwout bearing. Maybe someone can clearify any oversights...

On a similar note I had a chance to drive a friends 360 F1 this past spring and I can completely agree with your comments...I add only that you are not affected by the car buy much closer to infected. Better than flying IMHO

24. Mehrabani1

Mehrabani1 Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    Thats awesome man... and that deal is amazing, can you give me the name of the rental place or their website if they have one?

And Ferraris are a work of art, and there is just somthing about them that is so special (which is why I am dumping my Turbo for a F430), however, a Porsche Turbo is faster than a 360, and just as fast as a 360CS on Nurburgring...

25. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    yeah thats typical california. you get that price because of beverly hills though. out here in vegas you can rent one for $1,500 a day. thats a whopping $1,000 cheaper!! from cars, to homes to land, you get more for your money out here in vegas, not for long though....