The US Express Race Movie...NY - CA | FerrariChat

The US Express Race Movie...NY - CA

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ASG 86TR, Aug 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    This group began last year developing a full length movie based upon the US Express Race that took place in the early 80's. They have been interviewing as many of the participants as they could track down. They spent the afternoon with my father who came in second in a 928 with the time of 36 Hours 40 Min. My father and his partner had a large fuel cell added and only needed to stop for fuel 3 times the entire run. Amazingly they never got stopped going out (as they were one of the first to leave NY). Most of the background chatter from the CB / scanner is from my fathers original tapes.
    Check out the trailer to the movie….. http://www.32hours7minutes.com

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    That looks awesome. Both the movie and what they were doing.

3. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I like this idea I can't wait to get my hands on the movie. Thanks for the info, it must have been really fun doing this rally, I am sure that your dad had a blast.

Craig

4. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    The film should be out sometime next year...it has been almost a year in the making, as they did much of the interviews last winter.

I think this was the way to do it...the New Gumball or the Players Run takes all of the fun out of the race...racing just to race....