The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread | Page 47 | FerrariChat

The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by El Wayne, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Great Shot!

2. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Personally, Wouter, I think that this one (of yours) is even better !

http://www.***************.com/slide/spafer2004/1036.jpg

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  4. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Moving right along...
    BTW after Bob Wallace and Alberto's total rebuild and Sal's magic tweaking she starts with the turn and push of the key. (Turn ing. on. Push key starter motor cranks.)

5. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Jim: Thanks again for this continuing post. The car looks spectacular and I hope to see it at Monterey. A photo of it on the street in NY would be very fun.....

6. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I very much look forward to seeing your Daytona at CI. It's great that you're driving her there and back.
    Best
    Jim

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ummm Can I have it after your done?...I mean I'll come down and pick it up and everything...I'll even bring you a coffee...:)

Look great. I only wish i could build and own something of such caliber.

8. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    James: I also will drive it to Rolands BBQ in July and to the FFQC2004 in november. I love getting it on the road....

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes my thanks too Jim. Your pulse rate must be getting higher ;) ...

Pete

10. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Jim, that's very elegant tile on the floor in the garage pictured. Can you tell us what it is? I'm designing my Garagemahal and would like to know about alternatives to the epoxy paint or checkered flag tiles.

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hi
    It's a super hard granite tile. It's very durable. It can take a dropped wrench and is impervious to fluids. It's easy to clean. The trick is finding a good tile person to put it down properely. If you were to crack one it can be replaced. We do put plywood under jack stands and use rubber wheeled chassis and engine stands.

12. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Thanks, I wondered if it might be granite. Very good looking and thanks for the reply.

13. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Hi Jim. Where was the coach built?
    From original drawings or copied from a sistercar?
    Regards
    Tom

14. Cognoscenti

Cognoscenti Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 2, 2004
    #1164 Cognoscenti, Jul 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    David Piper declared and warranted in a "CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN" under the heading "1967 FERRARI 330 P4" the center section of the coach, which was in Spyder configuration when I bought it from him, as "various original 1967 body and suspension parts..." and separately in front of witnesses declared the coupe nose and tail that John fitted as have been beaten by "Old man Allegretti" the original P4 panel beater, from the original bucks.

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    oops, no wonder he wants to stay out of this. the infamous " email" doesnt help either.
    anyway MR. G. she's a damn fine car. i cant believe more folks here dont say how nice the Duzzie is, that is a rare stunning car in its own right. i want an autograph when the 0846 book comes out !!! you should get a pic of J6 with a new Ford GT!!! ( in yellow!!!) :)
    cheers! michael

17. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Did anyone else get a PM referencing a supposed phone conversation with David Piper directly refuting JGs claim above and basically flat out saying JG is lying about all this and Piper in fact clearly sold him replica and non-authentic Ferrari parts only? I did. Supposedly has David Pipers home phone number. I have no idea why this was PM'd to me... Im not involved in this debate and really dont care one way or the other. Its a really neat car and whether or not its the mythical 0846 is meaningless to me.

Terry

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mr. Jim G., your picture should be in the dictionary next to "patience". :)

Both with the car, and with newbies stumbling into this thread with questions.......

Best,
    Speedy308

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Terry

Let's see. You're in a court of law. David Piper says:

"What a lot of rubbish". "I sold him the car as a kit-car special, no mention of the word Ferrari anywhere".

Over several years and many posts I've said exactly what David Piper "declared and warranted under the heading: 1967 FERRARI 330 P4" .

You are next shown the following document. As Speedy 308 pointed out while it's morbidity fascinating to watch people lower themselves slowly into a wood chipper it's also a bit sad.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL! That's right..."morbidly fascinating"....

Darn, just got caught by my boss laughing out loud...better get back to work..

Feels like Monday, but it's already Tuesday...gotta love THAT!

21. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Jim, I forwarded the PM I received to you. As I said, Im not involved in this debate except from a general interest in what is to me a really cool car.

Anyone can lay claim to having had any conversation withone else (living) and quote them as having said anything they wish. That of coarse does not mean it ever happened. I for one took the PM message with a grain of salt.

Does David Piper not own a computer? Why would he not just post his opinions himself if he has one? Whats the big deal?

Anyhow... as I said, its really all none of my business and I DON'T want any more PM's sending me some sort of claimed inside info or other nonesense. Got that replicaP4 ?

Terry

22. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Jim:

Save the PM fowarded to you on you computer.

Looks like people will not learn.

John

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I told Paul to get off the topic for now many times. When everything comes out and is published, then he can have an open conversation of rebuttal without attack. I guess he didn't take my advice and went behind my plain eye by PM'ing people.

I have banned Paul for one month and also warned not to create an alias or that would bring a perm ban.

24. Cognoscenti

Cognoscenti Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 2, 2004
    That hardly seems fair, Rob.
    I believe that the PM that Paul sent out was actually one that I had forwarded to him, which was originally sent to TomGT, partly in answer to his question in post #76, and Jim’s reply in post #77. I cannot know what Paul may have added to it, in forwarding it to other users, but in essence the fault is mine – not Paul’s. Perhaps, in his enthusiasm, he forwarded it to the wrong people. Anyway, seeing as the PM has now also, unfortunately, been forwarded to Jim, I think it is only fair that everyone else on this forum should know the content of it.

I make no apologies for making David Piper’s telephone number public. Now, from Jim’s document, we all know the name of David Piper’s company, Bromcount, Ltd. – it is a simple matter to look it up on the internet – HERE

One thing that my PM to Tom omitted to mention, is that, in his subsequent telephone call to me, David Williams also revealed he had the foresight to record his prior conversation with David Piper. I wonder how that will stand up in a Court of Law.

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    As the word Ferrari clearly shows up five times in the document I posted that was signed by David and therefore David's statement:
    "I sold him the car as a kit-car special, no mention of the word Ferrari anywhere"
    is clearly untrue I would hope it was recorded.