Why isn't Gallardo selling? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Why isn't Gallardo selling?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Napolis, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Historically speaking, any convo about Ferrari and/or Lamborghini in FChat goes fine until allanlameboy weighs in with asinine, derisive comments about Ferrari and/or Ferrarichat members. Only slightly different than a Catholic walking into a synagogue and spewing hatred towards Jews.

Allan - your thoughts on the above?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hey Mike/Wax...you and I know you are above this nonsensicle BS. What, are you both bored? Come on...what's the point of beating up on Allan the bobo? You are just going to get tired and he won't even feel it.

DL

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My Lotus is far more car than my 355, especially when price is factored in.

4. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I am just tired of seeing that troll spew his nonsense. Once in a while it becomes too much to ignore. He ruins the spirit of the board with incessant posting about lambo superiority. I realize that by responding I am just contributing to the noise. But I feel the need to let the troll know he is a troll. You are right, he lives to needle.

I can't believe that Rob doesnt ban him. 2000 plus anti Ferrari posts and personal attacks should get him banned. He turns this forum into a joke. Here is our troll and trollete

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Come to Maui Mikey boy.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #406 wax, Jan 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Alimentary, my dear Watson. Post wasn't flogging the dead horsesh!tter, simply revealing facts to mbarr and Mako(ut-with-allan)99, et al.
    In the name of science, perhaps allan's CAT(Computerized Arsemonkey Tomography or CT) Scan results will shed further light on this tragic situation:

As you can see, the rectalinear nerves are the source of caloric intake for the impatient inpatient. Protein is digested by an enzyme called "pepsin", pepsin only works in acid conditions, which, due to the unfortunate mixup at the baby factory, coupled with the severe angle of travel of the "nerve of this 'man'", has given this individual an acid reflux disposition. When it is all turned into a liquid it is pushed into the duodenum. Normally, bile from the liver neutralizes the acid, but the clutch needs replacement - so on and so forth the crap goes, as many a witness to the bilious bits of flatulence which have passed through allanlambo's Buccal cavity (sometimes called the mouth, but in this case is a toothed-rectum [in either case, a cavity]) - can attest. GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out. Hence, the ****-eating grin.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ahhh now i see why you drive a Saab.

8. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Hey guys...this might help:

Official Ferrarichat Forum Flame
    ==============================================
    Dear:
    [ ] Clueless Newbie
    [ ] Loser
    [ ] Spammer
    [ ] 12 year old
    [ ] Pervert
    [ ] Nerd
    [ ] l337 d00d/"vet"
    [ ] Other:

You Are Being Flamed Because :
    [ ] You posted a "OMFG FERRARI'S ARE TEH LAME!!" thread.
    [ ] You claim to own cars you've never seen.
    [ ] You started an off-topic thread.
    [ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message .
    [ ] You don't know which forum to post in.
    [ ] You posted false information (or lack thereof).
    [ ] You posted something totally uninteresting.
    [ ] You doubleposted.
    [ ] You posted a message all written in CAPS (oR aLtErNaTe CaPs).
    [ ] You posted a X > Y thread. LAME.
    [ ] I don't like your tone of voice.

To Repent, You Must:
    [ ] Give up your AOL Internet account
    [ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
    [ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
    [ ] Actually post something relevant
    [ ] Be Carbon's love slave
    [ ] Apologize to everybody on this forum
    [ ] Go stand in the middle of a motorway

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:
    [ ] Get a life
    [ ] Never post again
    [ ] I pity your dog
    [ ] I think your IQ must be 6
    [ ] Take your crap somewhere else
    [ ] Do us all a favor and jump into some industrial equipment
    [ ] Ferrari's rule, Lambo's drool
    [ ] All of the above

9. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Classic. This is art!! Hat's off to you. Bravo. Couldn't have been stated better.

10. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    So,,,is the Garbago selling or isn't it?

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    When I was a pimply teenager,all my friends had a Countach on their walls,I had a poster of a 365/400i.
    Now they all have minivans and I have a 612 on order.(could not afford a 456 when they came out)
    Lambos(no matter how good they may be)-gold chain posers
    Ferraris-real enthusiasts.

12. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Who gives a S**T?

13. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I go to Hawaii once a year - appreciate the personal invite. Will you have a welcome amenity for me?

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Absolutely!

15. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Excellent point.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk

LOL

18. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I called Symbolic.
    They told me that the majority of the cars listed on the site have already been sold, and that the pictures have stayed up as reference material -- as these are cars that have passed through their dealership. However, the two that are on the ground, ready for sale, are available immediatly.
    One is blue, e-gear and with spartan options. Asking: $182k
    One yellow car, e-gear, pearl paint and luggage. Asking: $189K
    The saleperson said he was hesitant about selling into another dealers region, and that he would likely charge an out of state customer an added "penalty" above the asking price -- why this is the case, I'm not really sure.
    At any rate. The Lambo sales manager is Shaun, and the # is 858 454 1800 if anyone would like to follow up.
    PS: I also asked him if these care were selling, and he said yes. Then when I asked how it came to be that he had so many cars on the ground at one point, he said that his dealership simply benefitted from a heathy stock. Dunno, but that was his answer.
    Another data point.

19. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I saw the Gallardo in person (at the Detroit Auto Show) as here in Indy we do see many if any. I was turned off by the extremely sharp edges reminding me of the new Cadilac's. Seeing it near the Challenge Stradale even made me more appreciative of the timeless design of the 360. I still like other Lambo's, however.

20. modenaboy

modenaboy Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Gordie
    I've been told that more Gallardos were built then originally planned, which is why there are some of them floating around for sale new.

Some people have implied that the cars weren't selling, and buyers were dropping off the waiting lists, but I hear that is not true, the cars are selling, there are just a lot more built, which is why there are cars on the ground for sale.

One dealer told me he's delivered a lot of cars already and Lambo was originally going to build something like 600 for 2003, and they built another 600 in December (whoa), so the dealers can get more then they planned for.

I don't know all the exact facts, but this explanation seems consistent - there are cars available, but not because people are dropping out, they are around because supply is higher than expected, not because demand is lower than expected.

Lambo/Audi seem to have a very different business model than Ferrari.

As I've mentioned before, I've driven the car (and followed one on a drive as well), and I love it. It is NOT a 360 (which I also love), but that doesn't mean it isn't an awesome car.

These cars are like supermodels, a lot of personal preference plays into the looks and feel of the cars. No arguing with the performance though. I can't wait to try one with the sports suspension option, I am curious to check that out - and hear it with an aftermarket pipe on it too!

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

This is a really interesting observation and a useful post. Ferrari certainly does play the supply and demand game, whereas VW seems not to be. It's good for the consumer, of course. But it also may hurt the exclusivity of the marque. I feel like the 360 has risen in the minds of consumers (especially first time Ferrari buyers) at least in part because it IS exclusive and hard to get new, with a super-long waiting list, etc. Somehow that adds to the allure of the car. Being able to just walk into a dealer and buy one off the lot at retail gives the car a different image.

22. Robert W

Robert W Formula 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    I heard from a Lamborghini / Ferrari dealer in the UK that Gallardos are selling new, but owners are then shifting them as fast as they can. There have been cases of the gearboxes breaking, and the car is not seen to have as much character as the Ferrari 360 - it is as if the Gallardo is too techically good, so has no character. These are not my views, as I don't know the car, but what I have heard from a dealer in the UK.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How old is this ?

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Thats what i was about to say.

The Gallardo is lamborghinis second best selling car they ever made next to the countach.

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think the point here is that they are not selling up to expectations.