Reston Spring Thaw | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Reston Spring Thaw

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by DetailGuy, Apr 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RaptorAKL

RaptorAKL Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    McLean, VA
    Looking forward to seeing some amazing cars tomorrow!

2. cheny4

cheny4 Karting

Feb 15, 2009
    No VA
    Full Name:
    Cheny Y.
    Looks like Mother Nature is smiling down on us. It should be 62 and partly sunny by noon. We will be there by 11:00 camera in hand. Thanks Laura for another great effort.

3. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    All I can say is WOW! Beautiful cars fellas.....

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #30 toggie, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #31 toggie, Apr 17, 2010
  6. RaptorAKL

RaptorAKL Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    McLean, VA
    Great show, the setting could hardly have been better and there were some incredible cars that showed up (F40, 250 Lusso, etc).

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #33 BillP00, Apr 17, 2010
    What a GREAT turnout of people and cars!! Every year this event gets better and better. We had a record turnout. As mentioned previously, we had Modern, Classic, Vintage and even a Supercar show up at our event.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new people (some who I hope will stop lurking and come out to more events) :) A special thanks to Laura Ebert for putting on a fantastic event and to Bobbie O. and Sabahat S. (I may be missing one) for signing people in to the event.

And lastly a special thanks to my friend Rich T. for bringing out his 1964 Ferrari 250 GT/L Lusso and Mr. Tom Wall for allowing me to ride with him in his 1958 Ferrari 250 Testarossa replica to the event.

Enjoy the pics!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #34 MBFerrari, Apr 17, 2010
    Since mine was (I am sure) mistakenly left out...let me add one my buddy Jason took today...great job by everyone putting on the show. Well done! Good to see you Nate and the rest of you folks!
    MB

9. kcobean

kcobean Rookie

Sep 20, 2008
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for allowing me to pull my brand new yellow Viper ACR up into the corral with all the Ferraris. We had a great time looking at all the cars and talking to some really nice folks. Y'all have some amazing cars!

One thing I must say is that it was appalling to me to see the poor 'car manners' of some of the onlookers. At one point, I saw a teenager do his best "gangsta pose" with his hip/butt leaned fully against a 360. I politely reminded him that these were privately owned cars and the owner of that particular car wouldn't appreciate any scratches he may be putting in it with the rivets/buttons on his pants. He just looked at me like I had two heads and walked off.

Some people's kids.

Anyway, a few pictures:

Mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again!

Kelly

10. stormin

stormin Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Norm W
    It was a great time at the Spring Thaw, as always. Great to see everyone!

Norm

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #37 toggie, Apr 18, 2010
    It was another great time this year. Many thanks to Laura and others in hosting it.

Once again, it was the same week-end that the high school students were having their meeting at the Hyatt Hotel next door. So lots of young folks taking turns posing with the cars.
    If I was near my car, I went ahead and let them sit in it while their friends took pictures with their cell phones.

12. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    There were some rare cars there: that yellow 365BB is one of 300 or so survivors, the silver GTC/4 one of 400 survivors (if Tom Welsh brought his there were two on the field), the red Series II 330GT one of about 250-300 survivors (there were two present), there are not a lot of Lussos left either but I don't know the numbers. Well done FCA!

13. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Fake TR
    F40
    Super America
    GTO

14. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Thanks to Laura and everyone who helped out for a great spring thaw - what a crowd and representation of Ferraris.

Appreciate all the photos!!!

Barbara

15. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No matter how many times I see a Ferrari, I never get tired of them. The organizers put together a great event and I had a great time. I took a picture of every car there and I think I counted 76 Ferraris. I will try to have my pictures up in the next few days...I went to three different car meets yesterday haha.

16. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Special thanks to Laura for this 4th Edition of the FCA-MAR Reston Town Center "Spring Thaw!" Fantastic effort in putting it all together. Also thanks to those who pitched in at the registration desk--Pam, Bobbie, Sabahat; to Andrew at the "Entrance Gate" and a few others who jumped in to help with parking; to Tom and Sylvia for helping me set-up and take-down all the support equipment; to all who are posting great photos, especially BillP00 who, I think, will soon be famous for the May cover of the FCA NEWSbulletin (we'll know within the next 2 weeks,won't we?). However, none of this would be possible without participants--all the beautiful cars and people who took the time to enjoy and share this FCA-MAR experience with each other and our many guests. What a great day it was. Thanks for coming. That's 4 events down and ONLY 16 more to go! Enjoy!

Bill

17. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    #44 Neonzapper, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    I had a wonderful time. Thanks to Laura and everyone!

18. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    By the way, whoever had the 348 there early on, I dropped a 348 shirt in your car. Who are you?

Thanks,
    MB

19. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Fixed, couldn't figure out the first one because the real TRs had glass over the lights and silver inside.

Sad I missed this again.

20. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I just noticed the 250 Testarossa sitting next to that GTO recreation. Talk about rare, there were only 35 TRs made in all varients. What a great addition to the Mid Atlantic Ferrari Club, what is its serial number?

21. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    That is a fake TR.

22. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    At $12M a piece, I believe the owner would not have left the key in the ignition of a real 250 TR ... :D

23. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Thanks, I was hoping not. There are some really important cars in this area (the first built GTO as but one example) so one can always hope. What model Ferrari chassis was this one built on? Or what engine is in it?