16M Scuderia Spider | FerrariChat

16M Scuderia Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by Alxlee, Jan 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Awesome.

2. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    Is this the same one that's been making the rounds lately in the US??? I believe it was at Ferrari on Park Avenue recently.

3. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Pretty Bad Ass!! :D

4. PogueMoHone

PogueMoHone Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Looks like the regular F1 gear box.. does it have the dual clutch box?

5. rosso.corsa

rosso.corsa Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 19, 2008
    Toronto/Markham
    Full Name:
    J Dhillon
    That is one beautiful car! Thanks for sharing :)

6. rjkennedy

rjkennedy Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Woodbury, MN
    I don't think there is going to be a dual clutch box on it. F1 like the Scud / non spider is only trans. I believe.

7. scifoso tifoso

scifoso tifoso Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2008
    Jupiter, Florida
    Full Name:
    John G
    i was surprised the birdsh*t was still there after a few hours...when the enzo was unveiled at cavallino, it was roped off and there was a crew of people detailing it hourly.

guess economy has affected fna too.

8. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Personally I think a Scuderia Spyder is an abomination. They built a track car that you can't take to the track.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Love the wheels --- hate the "stuck on" 16M badge on the sides.

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Looks nice, but I would MUCH rather the Scuderia Coupe. :):)

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    +1.
    A bit of pointless excercise this car is,defeats the purpose of the original concept (lighter weight version of the regular model, more suitable for occasional track use).
    Can't stop thinking of it as the ultimate "Ferrari poser" car.....

12. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    The wheels are FAIL imho. Just messes all the flowing lines of the car.

I don't think this is a posers car. If anyone was to use it for the brand, they would probably settle with a F430 Spider. Either way, the poser's having too much fun :D

13. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    Why can't the 16M be viewed as an open top speedster??? Current Spider owners - which I'm one - find our cars a little too sedate. Love the open air but the car's are a bit too refined. I think the 16M is the best of both worlds. Scud performance in an opened top Spider. I've got mine on order and I'll let you know when it arrives and what I think. I'll be honest with you as to whether or not I made a $350k mistake.

You guys keep talking about the track and the Scud. How many guys have you actually seen tracking their Scuds?????

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #15 4re Nut, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I always thought it was funny that the fiorano (355) had Challenge car suspension, shock and steering, but was only available as a spider, with zero roll bar. You'd think they would at least build a GTS. At least the 16 has some roll-over protection.

As one who thinks the Cali is a bit of a poser car, I don't get the same impression from this. The scud is much more versatile than the CS is with the ability to keep the suspension soft. I cannot think of a better car to to rip down back roads in than this thing. The sounds with the open top would be unreal.

16. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    It's not a track car. The F430 Challenge is a track car and the Scuderia & 16M are street cars.

17. DKRanger22

DKRanger22 Rookie

Dec 13, 2006
    IMO, the Scuderia is meant to be driven on the track, but is streetable at the same time. Any vehicle that is stripped down to reduce weight and doesn't have carpeting, in my opinion, is meant to be driven on a track. Especially seeing as how it tracks = or > than the Enzo, it's a track car.

Standard F430 is a street car. Just my $0.02

18. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Wow - it looks beautiful; thanks for sharing and wish I could get one.

19. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    LOL! love the pun. :D

20. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Can't stop thinking of it as the ultimate "Ferrari poser" car..... "

Think of it as a harmless way to sell 499 marked up cars, at the end of the model's lifespan, in a terrible economy; it's a toy, maybe a little bit collectible, and I'm into the constructor championship thing. I actually like the thing, and agree with the characterization of it as a kind of scuderia speedster. To me, the Reventon is a far more offensive example of cynical model extension.

21. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    #22 RobD, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    This is a tough crowd.

I like the 16M. Would I choose it if my main interest was tracking? No. If I tracked the car a few times a year? Sure.

When I look at the 16M, I imagine running the back roads on a nice day, top down, surrounded by alcantara and carbon fiber, taut chassis, feeling/hearing the SuperFastII shifts, listening to the motor.. does it get any better?

Well.. actually, an F50 with its roof panel off would be better, IMO, but the 16M isn't far behind.

P.S. - make mine yellow.

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For me the 16M is the ultimate canyon bomber that can also make you look like a pro on the track, killer handling and power with an open top experience. I like to think of it as a more attainable version of the F50 experience.
    If I were ordering a Ferrari today, the 16M would get my money.

23. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't know what to make of the 16M, if someone said "theres the key's.... it's yours" i would snap their hand off and defend it to the heavens. But i wouldn't buy one, much rather the Scuderia Coupe. Some may say that i don't have a Ferrari and of course i would say that, but that just me opinion.

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I may have used a bit too strong words,I admit.
    It is an achingly beautiful car after all,even if it's purpose (besides making good money for Ferrari milking the soon to disappear 430 line) is unclear.