GENE is thinking about something italian! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GENE is thinking about something italian!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Buttuz4eva, Oct 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene
    I agree It's like throwing away my money. Id have to wait a while to buy one cash.

I'd rather have the new Z06 than a 97 turbo.

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i wouldn't suggest a new car, your entering the price range where you can pretty much find a good buy, drive the car for a few years and sell it witout losing any $ to depreciation. Thats when the game gets fun!

By purchasing new cars your gonna lose money. get a 97 turbo it will hold its value well :)

3. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene

who is it? you? PM me with more info. I interviewed with Mike Heefner. Craig Perlman was the guy I met who saw something in me and is hooking me up.

4. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene
    True but I have little to no desire for any porsche besides the new ones (996's)

I'd rather keep my current car than get a porsche.

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    yo if money is the real deal issue then 355 berlinetta for sure 80gs bro cant beat that

360 is the jam of course you can get the black one like i said two blk blk 360s rollin together there is nothing meaner.

since you like blue in the zo6 do you not like it in the 360?

lease it gene trust me you know your thoughing money away but at least your not seeing it get thrown away in one shot plus i know what you mean letting go of all that cash at once is not easy.

just let me know when your ready to step up to the plate we will find you a great car no matter what model

6. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    OK...I'm not offended. ;-)

As for leasing vs. buying...if you did find the car you want and found it at the "right price" leasing could be very beneficial if you work with the right leasing company. The cars that you mention will have taken a good deal of depreciation when you acquire them and as a result your residual value will be quite high. Hypothetically speaking if you were to pick up a 355B for $70K, the value of the car in 3 years will be roughly $45-$50K depending on the market, car and whom you deal with for leasing. Hence you're looking at a net lease of $25-$30K plus interest over the course of the term. Hence...not too much out of pocket at all. Just my .02...

7. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Sorry man. I was just never into porsche's at all. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that wouldn't look twice at my Z06. The GT2 and GT3 are sick though.

Thank you for the advice. I'd have to lease and it's good to hear something more positive about it.

8. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Money is of course an issue. The thing is I think the 360 is worth the additional cost over a 80k 355. Never was into any ferrari in blue except for the 355.

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    man up and go for the 360.
    but whatever color u get, do not get yellow. i will take it very personally :D

10. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    360 is a better car then the 355 performance wise. But you should just pick a car you like and keep the vette as your race car IMO.

360 vs Galardo

360 is a good car, lighter and easier to put sideways then the Gallaro. But the G has noticably more power and you can carry more speed through turns with the wider tires and AWD. The G feels heavier then the 360 but it is. 360 sounds better with the tubi then does the G with stock exhaust. f-1 in the G is better then the F-1 in the 360. Brakes in the lambo are exponentially better then the ferrari but noah thinks thats doe to the pads. Top end the gallardo feels much better then the ferrari, ferrari gets very light at speed 150+. ferrari handles very well and is the cheaper car, but i would take the G if given the choice between the 2

11. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Very well said. To add some more...

What I tell people when they ask about which is better: Both. (And that's honest, not just a salesman talking!). When I'm driving the 360, I like it more. When I'm driving the Gallardo, I like it more.

The 360 is like driving a go-kart with the space shuttle's booster rocket on your back. The Gallardo is like driving a spaceship. The 360 is looser, lighter, whinier, more "wild". It's 100% Italian car. The Gallardo is tighter, crisper, more technical. Feels more computer-controlled (and it is -- there are 4 ECUs in that thing). The Audi engineering is VERY obvious.

Without a doubt, the 360 is peppier off the line and has more torque at low RPMs (i.e. below 3000). This is why Rene and Brad call the G the slugboat, because I know they like ripping out of stoplights and such and the Gallardo is definitely not at its best then.

On the highway, the Gallardo is a monster. If you keep the revs over 3000, there's CRAZY power, and the exhaust note is amazing. The car feels rock solid at all speeds.

And, of course, there's the look factor, which matters more or less to some people, but it's still a factor. The Gallardo gets WAY more attention than the 360. Don't get me wrong -- you get plenty of reactions in both cars, but the 360 generates the "oh yeah Ferrari!!" response, and the Gallardo generates the "HOLY CRAP what is that awesome thing?" response.

Thoughts for now...

nlh

ps -- got my first "spirited" ride in the CS yesterday, and it blew me away. Fixes everything I don't like about the 360, and I'd probably take that over either of the others.

12. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    One more thing: Gotta keep maintenance costs in mind! (Trust me, I know about this....)

Without a doubt, when driven hard, the Gallardo is WAYYYYYYYY more reliable than the 360. The 360 is going to spend significantly more time in the shop and cost more to maintain, period.

Granted, this is only based on 8k miles of Gallardo driving vs. 21k miles of 360 driving.

13. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    question is this noah, and we are not pointing a gun to your head,
    if offered the 2 (maybe a same year 360 as the gayallardo),
    which would you pick?

14. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D

Ooooooh, this is getting serious now! :p

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

But what an outstanding point! With Gotham cars, you don't have to pick! They have both! So live a little & visit GothamDreamCars for the ride of your life :D

16. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Who is Gene?

17. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    do you mean www.gothamdreamcars.com ??? i've visited that site

18. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Never heard of them. Tell me more.

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yeah, if you are to pick one for free. no concern of maintainese or insurance or resale or whatever. which would you take noah?

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Who is Gene?

21. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    bradley's friend. served as film man on several EC runs.

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    gene should be known as his own person not bradleys friend.

hes got a fast zo6 blue blk wheels and beats rob everytime

23. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    phantasms might be the reference you're looking for.

he's been on a couple runs with us, including my first run with any of you guys, back at the end of July, where he rode along with me for awhile while his girlfriend drove his Z06. he's also started coming out lately on one or a few of our club nights.

I for one think he should get a 550. :) When I first got to know him he told me the 550 was his favorite Ferrari, and first impressions are usually the right ones since they're the ones we have before we start confusing things with too much thinking. :D

Don't think, DO Zennnnnn.

24. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
  25. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004