My opinion on the Gallardo has changed.... | FerrariChat

My opinion on the Gallardo has changed....

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Doug., Jul 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    First off...let me just say i am not biased towards Ferrari at all. I love all machines from Italy. Okay, when i first saw pictures of the Gallardo, i wasn't to pleased with them. I didn't really think the design fit Lamborghini. Coming from the Countach to the Diablo to the Murcielago, the Gallardo looked out of place IMO. The profile didnt quite match that of the bigger cars that i loved. Aaaanway, i went down the the local exotic dealer on West Sahara and Jones (Towbin Motorcars), and sitting out front was a brand new BLUE Lamborghini Gallardo. WOW! This car is absolutely stunning! The chrome wheels really accented it well too. I will now never judge a car until i see it in person....i know im a little late for seeing the Gallardo for the first time (Its been out for a while now), but my opinion changed so quickly it was remarkable. Did anyone else have this opinion when they first met the car? Whether it was in the pages of a magazine or in person, i need a second (or 3rd, or 4th, or...) opinion. Thanks.

2. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    If has chrome wheels those are not OEM. Take a photo if you can. I can see where the blue with chrome might work. The blue is gorgeous on its own I almost bought the blue instead of my Rosso Metis but it had a cream/white interior and is not practical for me.

3. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Yep, thought the exact same thing when I first saw the pics, then my brother took delivery of his a few months ago and I was in awe. It looks great in person and even better on the road.

In all honesty, the same thing happened (to a lesser degree) with the 360.
    The first time I saw that in pics was on a flight to Miami in the late 90s. I thought it was nice, but not as pretty as the 355. Of course when I saw it in person and on the road, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Since then, I've learned my lesson in judging a car from pictures only.

4. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Doug, impressions improve even more once you drive it! It's a great car that is really a step ahead of the 360 (but I still love the 360 as well).

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    never judge a book by it s cover, or its pictures!!! i know it doesnt make sense but i am i the middle of a real crappy day... i cant make any sense..the g car is slowy growing on me , i think i like the styling better than the 360 coupe but i am still partial to the 360 spider and the murci and diablo

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, I posted before that I was kind of unimpressed with pictures, then I saw one in pearl yellow in March and was taken by its beauty. Since then I've seen a few others and it's had a chance to sink in. The lines look better in person as pictures don't give a sense of the compact size and the angles, as seen by someone standing in front of it.

Here's one in the non-pearl yellow:

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    All right guys, knock it off. I had just decided not to get the G car, to get an SE or SV, and now this thread. It is a great looking car in person......

8. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    same here. didnt think much of it when lambo released official photos..but then checking out the cars in person i was much more impressed....then i saw a silver one, and i honestly think because of how angular it is, the gallardo looks the best in silver.

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I agree, it's a great looking car in person. I sat in one, and I liked the interior as well. I like it in black.

10. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Same thing happened to me. The pictures did excited me but not all that much. It just looked new and fresh. But then I saw the car in the flesh late last year when I still had the 360M, and a few more times lately. Now? A 3-layer Pearl Orange G is sitting happily in my garage. And I am a very happy man now.

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Thats my color!! Pics?

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hey AJ - this might interest you ;)!

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    It does!!. Now we need a wing, and some roof induction scoops, and I want one!! Make mine orange.

14. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Here is the only pic I can post in here at the moment. I'm taking more pictures during this weekend and will try to post more early next week. Sorry. This pic was taken the day I picked up the car from the dealer, two weeks ago. Sorry I have to put you through a link. The pic is not in my notebook.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134272495&postcount=22

15. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    They're not OEM? They were the stock wheels....they must have been dipped?

16. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ha ha...sorry about that! It must be such a hard decision, SE, SV, or Gallardo. Hmmm...why not buy all three!

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I changed my opinion of the Enzo, Gallardo and Murcielago after seeing one in person.(for the better)