Fchat-Rally Europe 2004: meat to the bone! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fchat-Rally Europe 2004: meat to the bone!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by trevi, Jun 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Wow, that road looks amazing! :D
    Man, I really wish I could join in on this trip!

Ciao, Alexander

2. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    the hotel sonne is a *** (http://www.hotelsonneandermatt.ch/), which pius' guesthouse is not(http://www.gasthaus-skiclub.ch/), but the rooms pius is offering are great.
    btw, these are both about 100 meters away from each other.

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    thanks for the links Trevi-Bros,
    pffffffffffffffffffff hope the snow will be f**** off till we arrive:D?

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Anyone driven the Tremola with a Maranello ? If hairpins are as tight as the Stelvio, I will cause a trafic jam, reversing back and forth in every turn :)

Any preview on the rest of the program ?
    To make things easy, I never drink alcohol and can't stand cigarette smoke (intolerant ex-smoker). I know, I am a freakin' entertainer.
    Maybe we should go for a sunrise dash/photo session to the Oberalp/Lukmanier while happy party people take good care of their carefully honed hangover ...

Which of the two hotels is the quiet one ?

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang

Hello dear ???????,
    so the Pius guest house is not recommendable / a quiet one for you:
    -We drink a lots
    -We smoke like hell
    -We know how to party till sunrise
    ....but we are all tolerant & considerate to the rest (?) who don`t;)
    I don`t know who has already logged in for the "Hotel Sonne" but after I have had the pleasure to meet over 50% of the participants.....I`m not sure if this will be a quiet one;)
    Recommendations?:
    Take a tent, drive somewhere in the mountains, its totaly quiet there, no smoke, fresh air, no alcohol, enjoy the sunset and sunrise:)
    Sorry, for kidding and my sarcastically humor but its a meeting, drive out and party of a big community of funny, lucky, crazy guys enjoying a weekend with friends.

Yours
    Wolfgang

6. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    As PMed to Trevi,we are coming. As by then we will be back to Italy (mud island a memory, future uncertain...) we will not be able to meet Wofgang and the rest of the group in Germany. See you all in Andermatt.

Ciao

Eugenio

7. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    That's fine I'll figure out something :) Camping with cows around is an option.
    No intention to impose our lifestyle on others, it's just that the reciprocal isn't too fun either. Everyone has his own ways of enjoying meeting people.

Any hint about the Tremola ? Too tight for a 550 or not ?

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    for sure each 355, 348, 328, 308 will work much better on this road!
    Your 550 or my testarossa are nearly impossible to drive thru the damn narrow corners in a one...I`m sure we have to reverse back/forth....

CU
    Wolfgang

9. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    C'mon, Wolfgang, it cannot be so bad. A little bit of oversteer every now and then??

It will be fun!!

Ciao

Eugenio

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang

Hi Eugenio,
    yeah for sure I can take each curve at once.....with the pedal to the metal slide around the corner in a drift. But my last set of tyres f**** off with this way of driving after just 1.500km!!!!
    The oversteering is indeed a big, big problem of the testarossa. I have had some strange situations on our last drive to Italy.

11. SpaceBoy

SpaceBoy Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier D.
    nah nah Wolfgang..you are already scaring off ze_shark. Even if he drinks no alcohol (good idea..he will live longer than us), it is a very nice guy that happen to work in the computer industry like me. He just cannot choose between the 355 and the 550...damn..what a difficult choice..haha. My choice is very simple : Toyota Starlet or 360 Spider...

And he knows a lot about our F-cars so it is good company for me...hehe. But who cares, everybody will have a good time in Andermatt. A bunch of interesting people with interesting cars and interesting jobs (I do not want to add "with interesting ladies"..haha).

Didier.

12. SpaceBoy

SpaceBoy Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier D.
    hey wolfie !

Did you get your car checked out for that strange "horsepower loss" esp. on highways ? And do you really want to do that Tremolo road with your wide beast ?

Didier.

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Didier,

it was no ofense to ???? just like I have typed: "Sorry, for kidding and my sarcastically humor but its a meeting, drive out and party of a big community of funny, lucky, crazy guys enjoying a weekend with friends."

But sorry and my appologize...maybe a bit to strange;)

I`m sure he is a great one, most of you (the Swiss gents) knows him and we will have a great time all together!
    Happy looking forward to meet some more fchatters.

About the Tremola: Sadly, I have no change to choose between several Ferraris. I will drive the Tremola with my beast!!!...just another challenge:D

Yes, we are still searching for the lost horses....I`ll be tomorrow again at my garage master - working against the understeering problem and the lost cavallinos.
    I`ll do my very best:D

CU soon

14. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    i don't know Stelvio, but Splügen, a pass which has several hairpins which i can't take in once.
    i did the tremola twice yet, downwards and upwards and had no problems. i also don't know, how the 550 turns in comparison to my mondial. however, some care is appropriate due to the cobble stones.

15. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Trust me, it's wayyyy worse. That big engine between the front wheels gives the 550 the turning radius of a super-tanker. A real disaster.

16. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    hi all

the hotel reservations are all clear up to now, the final reservation will be published later.
    prepayment per person will be €100.-. the prepayment will include car parking, a surprise party friday night and other gimmicks according to the expenses we finally have.
    the prepayment is necessary for the registration and the final hotel reservation.
    please transfer the money to the following bank account:
    Bank: Credit Suisse
    Place: 6301 Zug
    Account: 956103-81-3
    Account Name: FCHAT-RALLYE 2004
    Account Holder: e.t. Management GmbH, CH-6301 Zug
    IBAN: CH79 0482 3095 6103 8100 3

please use IBAN for international transfer, as it saves transfer costs.

17. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    to finally respond to your other questions:
    - you don't drink alcohol...laugh about us the morning after :D but, joke apart, in one of the best bars in andermatt they will offer special non-alcoholic drinks for us ferrari-drivers.
    - intolerant ex-smoker: we hope, we can handle that somehow, but i promise, i will not smoke in your car ;)
    - quiet hotel: up to now, all have reserved for pius's guesthouse, which offers 9 rooms in total, so this one will definitely not be quiet :), i would recommend you the "sonne"

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Trevi,

Thanks for all the excellent arrangements!! I have just done an online transaction and my money should be in the above account on Thursday, July 8. Please confirm with me when the EUR 200 appears in the account.

Could you please reserve a room with a double bed for Mark Pautz & Debra Childs in the same place that you and Wolfgang will be staying. That sounds like the PIUS, not so?? I hope the parking is under roof!

Bis den, MARK

19. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    i'll take care!

20. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    sorry to all, but i found out, that i have indicated the wrong IBAN code. the correct code is
    CH25 0482 3095 6103 8100 3

btw: if your bank tells you that an IBAN code has to have 19 digits, tell them to omit the country code "CH" and then you have your 19 digits.

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ups, saw it & changed it also for the german-section thread.

22. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Thanks, trying with the new number now....

Ciao

Eugenio

23. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    corrected version:

the hotel reservations are all clear up to now, the final reservation will be published later.
    prepayment per person will be €100.-. the prepayment will include car parking, a surprise party friday night and other gimmicks according to the expenses we finally have.
    the prepayment is necessary for the registration and the final hotel reservation.
    please transfer the money to the following bank account:
    Bank: Credit Suisse
    Place: 6301 Zug
    Account: 956103-81-3
    Account Name: FCHAT-RALLYE 2004
    Account Holder: e.t. Management GmbH, CH-6301 Zug
    IBAN: CH25 0482 3095 6103 8100 3

please use IBAN for international transfer, as it saves transfer costs.

24. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hi Trevi,

I need to go in to the branch to do this, which I can do tomorrow. Apparently it takes 5-7 working days, so should be with you if not by the end of next week, then the beginning of the week after.

Looking forward to it!

Hedgemeister

25. SpaceBoy

SpaceBoy Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier D.
    Trevi,

What's the program for thursday 19.08 ? Do we meet in the afternoon or already in the morning ? Just asking to know if I take already a holiday on wednesday...

Didier.