1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE for sale

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That number is correct, and, I believe the car is currently on consignment.

2. rdwinelover

rdwinelover Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I was reliably told that the price is below 400k for this car very recently.

3. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris

You've been looking for one. Why don't you buy it at that price?

4. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Because Joe left a tainted taste in my mouth and even if he has nothing to do with the car now, I am turned off.

5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    If I was interested in any car, and that car was as good as this one, personality conflict would not get in the way.
    This car is bang on and for a great value

ijvpet likes this.
  6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Its NOT bang on and its Not worth the money, if it was, it would have sold already.

But you feel so strong about it, go buy it.

7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't get all the animosity here. We are all car enthusiasts and even further Lamborghini enthusiasts. That's why we are all on this forum. Maybe it's an internet thing. I'm certain if everyone met in person, there is a better chance everyone would get along.

The car has not been on the public market for all that long. At face value it looks like a nice car, but I know nothing about its history. Anything about the history we don't know about?

EarlyCat and topcarbon like this.
  8. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I’m with you
    Seems like a nice car and se30s rarely are available.
    I’m not in the market ,and, I’m not an expert on pricing.

9. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    +1 to cnpapa24's comment

10. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Chris,

How do you not get the animosity here? I have been reading and watching this board for over 2 years now. I have spent 12 years, every day reading and posting on a wine chat board. I understand internet protocols and how to communicate on a public chat boards and how to be respectful. I built a successful business on it. 99% of all the people on this board get along and are respectful. One person sticks out as being very brash and get's in constant arguments. Lot's of people have issues with the individual. This isn't pure passion and it's ridiculously easy to see through. Greed is the word and it destroys passion.

11. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wasn't necessarily referring to your post, but I'll leave this one alone. Things get blown out of proportion online and it is unfortunate. I've met many people on this forum in person and have always had a good experience regardless of how they come across online. I don't try to fan the flames because I don't see any benefit. If anyone is in the market for an SE 30 I see no reason why this car shouldn't be considered, especially if it can be had in the range discussed above. In my personal opinion Diablos and the SE 30 are great bang for the buck, especially when compared to their contemporaries. If there are reasons why this car is not as described, I'd be interested to hear why.

12. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    When Joe presented the car to me, he never told me the car was a Canadian Spec car. That's an important fact that was finally shared here, in this thread now, that he isn't representing the car after failing to make a sale. I discovered this fact on my own and asked about it and never heard more from him about it.
    I later learned that I wasn't the only one he offered this car to and in that instance, that same important detail was left out once again.

I further learned from someone else privately that after they bought a car from Joe (who simply brokered the car), that he informed the buyer that they would be able to legally import and drive the car in the US. Well it sucks for the buyer and not for Joe as he got paid while the buyer got stuck with a car that can't be federalized / driven for many years to come. Once it is of age and legal to do so, the buyer will need to bring it to the boarder, re-import, re-pay taxes, transport fees, etc.

At one point the car in question had a large Diablo sticker across the side. That too was learned by searching and not having been shared to me by Joe. https://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?24876-Lamborghini-registry

I would estimate if I was playing the odds that the adds are in the 99% range that the car had major internal problems and that the sales pitch from Joe that the owner simply "wanted" all his cars rebuilt from new is just another sales spin.

Finally, the owner a year ago was looking for $400,000 and Joe already corrected me here that he offered me the car at $510,000. A cool $110,000 profit with no financial risk..

I will continue to wonder myself if anyone has or will let the owner know that Joe was offering his car out at a cool 510k.

Cheers!

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #38 joe sackey, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
    We (Sterling & I) keep excellent records of all communications we have with anyone, and with that in mind, allow me to set the record straight on a few things:

1. In keeping with full transparency always, we fully declared to you that 046/150 was a Canada spec car, properly imported and fully legal in the USA with a current USA title. In fact, on July the 19th 2016, Sterling emailed you the original Lamborghini of Montreal Canada Bill of Sale & addendum to the USA gentleman in Florida who legally imported the car, the official Lamborghini EPA & DOT compliance clearance for 046/150 as a Canada-spec SE30 also USA legal, and a copy of a current Florida USA Title. The email we sent you remains on file as proof, and, in fact, you responded to our email later the same day, acknowledging both the Canada spec and making mention of the erstwhile sticker, so it is clear that you knew about 046/150's Canada spec directly from us, @ 1 year and 3 months ago, and not by other means, as you falsely claim.

2. In 2015, we sold a car that had a current USA Title in hand, a copy of which we have on file. No registration deficiency by the current owner (who is on excellent terms with us) has been reported to us over the past 2 years, and we are aware the current owner has a 100% USA-legal car as proven by the Lamborghini EPA & DOT clearance document, which does not require waiting years or re-importation to be legal in the USA, as you falsely claim.

3. We have an email on file that confirms that in July 2016, the seller wanted $500k net to him, in keeping with transparent arrangements we have with all sellers, so Sterling's facilitation fee was in fact $10k, and not $110k as you falsely claim.

* We know you make false claims easily as you previously stated we offered you the car for $550k http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145623743/, but, as you know, it was $510k, not the $40k difference you falsely claim.

4. As already pointed out, Evans did the work five (5) full years before we got involved with the car, and no catastrophic event was represented to us by the owner or was in fact ever known by us. Besides, we drove the car upon inspection, and it drove beautifully. The fact that the Florida owner had a tendency to go overboard with maintenance is documented fact known first had to us in the case of his F40 & F50, not spin as you falsely claim.

5. On July 18th 2016, you said that "I would pay 500k for an American car if it had 500 or less miles" underscoring by yourself that your suggestion that $500k was an outrageous price at that time for a car like this is a false claim.

6. On July the 19th 2016, I personally called you to chat, explain the way we work, and preface Sterling's detailed email. You responded by email: "Thanks Joe for taking my call. It was nice to finally speak live and I appreciate and respect your time. I look forward to the details from Sterling, Jamie, 917-xxx-xxxx" clarifying that the pretense you convey that all lines of communication were not open about this car is just another false claim.

7. On July 19th 2016 Sterling wrote to you via email: "Jamie, I’ve ascertained today that the car currently sits at 1,150 miles. I inspected this car personally for the current owner in May 2015 (in Florida), and I can genuinely say that it shows as a new car would ... I have attached proof of USA title & EPA / DOT compliance confirmation from Lamborghini. A download link for full images of the car is below. Please let me know what questions you have and I’ll be glad to answer them and/or get the necessary information from the current owner. Thanks, Sterling" . This email alone proves that the notion we offered you anything but full transparency with whatever information we knew is the proverbial false claim.

8. Upon receiving Sterling's email, you responded to me with yet another e-mail which remains of file as proof with "Joe, It appears from the vin that this was originally a Canadian car ... Jamie, 917-xxx-xxxx", so, by your own words 1 year and 3 months ago, how can your current assertion that you only found out "in this thread now" that this is a Canadian car be anything but (to put it very politely) yet another a false claim?

Meanwhile, for anyone else, I think this is a nice SE30, with just 2 real owners both of whom are well-known collectors, therefore establishing it's history & figuring how much to pay shouldn't be too hard for anyone with serious intent.

14. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks for the detailed clarification Joe. Your always right and always know best.

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You are welcome, I'm happy to set the record straight if I can, my business is one of numbers, dates & specific data, and it's no trouble going back to review what happened if it helps put things in perspective. I understand that people can say whatever they want and recall events in the light that suits them, but facts always speak for themselves. That said, no harm done and all is good as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, I'm sometimes wrong and don't always know best, but I'll take your suggestion as a compliment.

16. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jamie,

I can't speak to your experience and it is not my place to, but for what it's worth, I can tell you that in every transaction I have done through Joe and Sterling, I have had communication directly with the owner and all funds were wired directly to the owner, with only commission wired to Joe, so there would be no opportunity to make more than his commission, which has always been outlined in an agreement signed by all parties prior to any exchange of funds.

Hopefully you continue your search and find a car suitable for you and that you don't get too hung up on these squabbles. We should always be having fun with the hobby and to the extent you are not, shift gears.

Best,

Chris

17. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Great question.

18. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks Chris for your feedback but with regards to this instance, I heard that a deal fell through and that the owner refused to do business ever again with Joe after he learned that several people where offered his SE30 at 500k+ when Joe told the owner he was going to net them 350k to 375k.

Reading in between threads here, it's apparent to me who's in the "club". What needs to be said and when to keep the wind blowing and prices up. When someone needs to be shut down by the +1 guys. Etc. I have had my experience with Joe. It was horrible and I am here telling it to anyone who cares to read it instead of just another cheerleader of his who owns cars he has put them into. He's greedy as plain as vanilla and destroys passion with his cloak of knowledge.

That's my experience which should be as valued to others as is your own.

19. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I take issue with this statement. I don't try to keep the wind blowing and prices up. My cars are not for sale so it's irrelevant to me. I had my SE 30 on the market shortly because I felt I couldn't drive it given the mileage, but I quickly came to my senses once I got real interest in the car. Joe did not "put me into" my SE 30 or my Downdraft. They were both cars I wanted to buy and I asked him to help me negotiate the deals as he has relationships with the selling dealers, both of whom were out of the Country. He does not own an SE 30 and to my knowledge I bought my downdraft prior to the purchase of his. The other cars he has helped me with were a Lancia Stratos, a 365 BB and a Lamborghini Miura, all of which he does not own. He has helped me with the restoration of my Miura and LP400 S3 as a favor to me at no cost.

As I know you and I have discussed before, the best car to buy is the one you love.

20. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #45 rdwinelover, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    That's fine Chris. We have had our differences of opinion with regards to Joe for some time. It's all good to me. You have had your experiences and I have had mine. Two very different experience from two difference people with two different levels of wealth.

Also, my statement wasn't aimed at just you.

I don't see though why my bad experience isn't as important to everyone here as much as your good experiences. It's sorta like no one is allowed to share a bad experience or "out" some dirty tactic. Why all the secrets. All this shhh. Don't talk about that sorta silliness.

21. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You are free to post your experiences good, bad, or otherwise. As I said, it is not my place to comment on your experience. My only comment to your post was that you felt he was trying to make a $110k profit on you, unbeknownst to the Seller, which came as a suprise to me given the way the deals I have done were structured and documented. If you can't talk to the owner directly at some point during the process, no reason to move further.

My last post was completely unrelated to your experience and was in response to being in "the club".

Once again, I hope you find the Diablo or Countach that you've been looking for. It is far better owning one that talking about them here!

adesalos likes this.
  22. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I suppose it didn't require but the collector owning it that time wanted it to be perfect.

Let's make an example, 30-40 years ago Lamborghini used Borgo Pistons, nowadays with Audi they use Mahle.
    I've seen many old cars getting new Pistons and sleeves from JE Piston, much lighter, better Quality.

No you can decide: Keep the original Borgo or use the better/modern JE Pistons which even cost less.

Basically there is no need to change the Pistons on a Diablo unless something is broken, even the famous F1 engine use the same design but different material.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #48 joe sackey, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Again, we keep excellent records of all communications we have with anyone, and with that in mind, allow me to set the record straight on a few things pursuant to the items we already have http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145627541/:

1. Further to our brief exchange in July 2016, the owner of the SE30 continued to sanction selling the car, and we have an email on file dated August the 27th 2016 proving that he wished us to net him "the same $500,000 we had under discussion in July" with a $10k Facilitation Fee. The documentation on file proves the terms of the deal and any suggestion that the owner was told that he would net just $350k or $375k is a patently false claim.

2. The owner PP of 046/150 has had a business relationship with me going back exactly 17 years, our families know each other, he remains on excellent terms with us, still has a great car we sold him in his collection, and, is not at all upset that we tried & failed to meet the various sales numbers he requested over the past 2 years. In fact, the suggestion that he has refused to do business with us ever again is just another false claim.

3. You have had no experience with us beyond a few emails exchanged and a single phone call. Unlike others, we have never sold you a car to have an experience over, we never even got to the point of agreeing terms or inspecting a car on your behalf, so your experience with us beyond correspondence is non-existent. On the other hand I know for a fact that there are several dozen people who are on FChat (but mostly rarely post) who we have sold 3, 4, 5, 6 or even more cars, who have had consistently great experiences. Regardless, the suggestion that you have had some sort of experience with us that didn't go well, or that some dirty tactic has been outed is yet another false claim.

4. As a businessman operating commercial entities, I'll take your suggestion that I'm greedy as a compliment. That said, the passion that I have for the hobby began 30 years ago, and 20 years before I became part of the car business. Between multiple published books and organized reunions, that passion is simply indisputable, and anyone who remotely knows me knows this. That said, an example of being involved in the car hobby based on greed would be when a person purchases multiples of the same car, say, no less than three (3) 930 Turbos, and then simultaneously goes online to talk up the market. That's pure greed on display, but, as we can see, it doesn't always work out. Perhaps the source of your current discontent is the fact that @ a year ago I outed your agenda in the 930 Turbo Carrera thread which I started, and that is the reason for your current soreness. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that your suggestion that my involvement with cars is just pure greed is yet another false claim.

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #49 joe sackey, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
    So, I reached out to the first owner of SE30 046/150, LB, a noted USA Supercar collector, and asked the obvious question, and he responded via email this morning:

"Joe, The only reason I had Evans do the engine work was because I bought a car with 118 miles on it that had sat for 16 years (that included factory test miles). I did the prudent thing to insure the mechanics were all working perfectly like all my cars. You know that when you buy a special high-performance car with such low miles over such a long period of time, you have to factor in the work necessary to correct the effect of the passage of time. Cars are meant to be driver and I’m not a stamp collector. My cars have to be perfect. LB"

LB is also a noted Trial Attorney and I believe him 100% not because of that, but because of four (4) separate car deals we did with him, a true a gentleman with impeccable integrity. The point is, regarding 046/150, contrary to what some are thinking or suggesting, there was no major engine defect, period. LB is free to do whatever he wishes with his money, and George Evans is in business to accept & carry out LB's project proposals, very simple. Anyone who wishes to further corroborate LB's confirmation can feel free to contact the man who did the work himself http://www.evansauto.com/

At the end of the day, since I'm always looking at the positive or for the upshot, my thoughts are, Diablo SE30 046/150 is likely the most powerful & therefore fastest SE30 in the country.

I just also received an email this morning from the second owner and current owner, PP, also a noted Supercar enthusiast, and, he says the car "runs flawlessly" during his ownership tenure. He also went on to say "I know you know a lot of people, your help (in the sale) would be appreciated", which proves that Jamie's assertion that PP refused to do business with us because of some past dissatisfaction is just one of his many false claims, as documented within this thread.

As a footnote, I should say, being in the car business full-time 24/7/365, I have seen many instances of elective engine rebuilds, it’s not at all uncommon.

25. rdwinelover

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    If I could only share some of the incredible private messages I received about Joe Sackey along with this car, many would think twice about ever doing business with him.