458/488 Spider Side Glass Cleaning | FerrariChat

458/488 Spider Side Glass Cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by PA Wolfpacker, Sep 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep the lower part of the side glass clean on the 458/488 Spider?

Every time I clean the glass it looks good, but once you open the door the glass drops and once it returns to the normal level a smudge is left on the glass. It is worse when you drop the top because a larger smudge covers all the way to the top of the glass once returned.

TIA for your help.

2. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Clean it well, then put it back in the garage and clean it again after you close the door then let it sit overnight before you drive it again.

3. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    It drives me crazy. Brand new beautiful car, with grease marks at every point the glass stopped at. You can clean it fifty times, and it will return fifty times. I think next time I go to the dealer, I will make a point of lowering the window about one inch at a time until I have twenty grease lines on the glass. I keep thinking if I clean it long enough it will finally wear off, but not yet.

4. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Definitely a frustrating area! There isn't a whole lot you can do aside from regular cleaning. You could try a window coating to help make cleaning easier.

GYEON View or POLISHANGEL Diver would be my recommendations...

-- Ryan at ESOTERIC

5. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sounds like there's some sort of contamination on the inside of the door glass wiper. Maybe lower the glass all the way and clean the insideF section that touches the glass? Just be careful as I've had some cleaners actually etch/stain the glass. I would think that diswashing soap would work.

If it persists just think to yourself "F-it, I have a badass Ferrari".

F430abdo likes this.
  6. Roadking

Roadking Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    I believe the factory puts a dressing on all door and roof rubber to eliminate squeaking. My California T and 488 Spider both have window streaking issues no matter how often I clean them. I noticed a similar oily film on the rubber over the windshield on both cars. It streaked the windshield until I was able to completely wipe it off. Getting inside the door rubber will be a more difficult proposition. I can't imagine the dealers haven't come up with a solution. It's unacceptable to have any new car that you can't keep clean, much less a Ferrari.

Esoteric Auto Detail likes this.