Where is everybody? | FerrariChat

Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I'm just expressing something more than just an impression (not only mine) when I say that many of the F-chatters are no longer active on this forum and Mondial owners in particular. Compared to a year ago, about 40% less visitors at least. We used to have a minimum of 10 active threads per day with lots of responses, but nowadays only 3 to 4 threads get an update.

So, is it that many owners have turned to other sources and forums? If so, where did they go? Or are just all our cars running better than ever ? ;)

paulchua likes this.
  2. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Ha. Busy days...haven't driven in a month - But since you asked I still have that annoying problem where I'd lose power in the summer when engine temps reached boiling - after 50+miles or so (never overheats accdg to temp) ....after 6 hours cool down it starts and runs fine - I don't expect any issues now that weather is cooling. I have the SA Fusebox upgrade, I get good spark even after it quits, no "whoosh" when I open the gas cap (vapor lock?) - in past I checked Fuel Pump amperage, replaced plug wires, replaced Coil controllers, cleaned thermocouple, rewired the ECU connections at the ECU - there is one questionable item - as I inspect the wires (the "bundle" of wire) off the ECU these wires going forward are dirty/dusty and lead me to believe water got inside that rubber sleeve a long time ago. I plan to review the wiring diagrams and determine what it takes to replace that one inch+ bundle going wherever they go.

3. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Still here,,,,,
    hey, I looking for a 625821

PM me,
    ;)

4. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Still here, just still waiting for my Mondial to come back from the Indy garage (Rear windscreen replacement)... Has been gone since May!.... :( The first one they managed to snap in half trying to fit it in, another one had to be made from the factory.... Cheers

paulchua likes this.
  5. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Still here, brought mine to the garage today for the annual maintenance. Runs excellent as always.

paulchua likes this.
  6. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    F-Chat is still my morning read. No reason and no time to go to any other sources.
    Getting plenty of seat time in the t-Coupe. Taking advantage of the good weather, good traction and it's running sweet!

paulchua likes this.
  7. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Hi guys,

Im still here . I always check our Mondial / 308-328 website daily . Specially for new articles / links regarding the Mondial generously provided by our fellow member Paul Chua . I also look forward to the Mondial picture of the day thread . Always looking forward for technical articles and solution to problems w/ regards to our cars. My car is currently in the shop to have the timing belts , AC BELTS , Alternator belts replaced . Fluids ( oil , coolant , brake fluid) will also be likewise renewed . Getting the Mondial ready for a 120 mile drive ( 1 1/2 hour drive one way ) to attend our local Ferrari 70 th Anniversary . My attendance is mandatory because my Mondial is the only one in the Philippines ( lots of 360, 430, 550, 575 , 458, 488, 599) . Vintage / classic Ferrari's are rare in our country.

Luigi

paulchua likes this.
  8. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    :)Out driving my Mondial, hard to type and drive

bartzagato and paulchua like this.
  9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I had issues with the new format but got over it .

10. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Here daily:) need to post more.

paulchua likes this.
  11. UKtifosi

UKtifosi Karting

May 7, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Glyde
    Hi, read it everyday. I'm not technical (at all!) so marvel at guys doing their own spanner work. Like seeing running problems graciously answered by many enthusiasts. Really enjoying the story of 'The man with the Golden Car'. Paul

paulchua likes this.
  12. Stef65

Stef65 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    reg Antwerp Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Opening this "Mondial" section and the "Holland/Belgium" section at least once a week. Since I'm not a good DIY, I'm not a poster,but more a kind of a reader.

bartzagato and paulchua like this.
  13. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hi my mondial friends. I'm still hear, and I still don't own a t coupe. But I will someday soon!! In the meantime I get my mondial "fix" from checking/reading the forum, as I have pretty much daily for the past couple of years.

Speaking of once "regular" members/contributors how is Hank Sound and Rachel? I know health was an issue, but that's literally all I know. I think there was a couple of other Cali Mondial owners who were in touch with him "off-forum". Hope he's ok.

Forza mondial!!

Temple

14. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Still around as well. After a very busy autumn and summer renovating the first chalet in the Belgian Ardennes things finally have slowed down a bit.
    Even now I need to find the time to get going on the car again, feeling guilty I've neglected her for so long.
    Cheers
    Jurgen

15. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I'm here as well. I check this forum twice a day and appreciate the opportunity to learn from all of you over time.
    Bottom line is I'm not much of a poster I'm more of a reader.......

It's autum here in MA. This is the time of year that I drive my car the most. As an example, I don't think I drove it more than three times all summer but now that the weather is starting to cool off a bit I plan on driving it more often, in fact, I'm taking it to work today.

On another note, I still have Toggles and B Pillars if anyone is interested.

Safe driving everyone.

16. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Still here too, very busy on all fronts. And hate the new F-Chat graphics. Combined with catastrophic ergonomics, it's a pain in the ass to use. Can we go back to the old ugly one that worked relatively smoothly?? Reminds me of the new HSBC online banking portal. Totally unusable.

17. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    There is a way to change the graphics. There is a setting for "old style" or maybe it was called "classic". Much easier to use. I think it is in the user settings.

Regards,
    Jerry

18. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Yeah, but from today it logs me out each time, so I have to log in again every time I visit the site...
    Anyhow, I'm happy with the general response, just wanted to wake you guys up :)

19. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Same here, need to log in time after time on my cell. Sometimes it doesn't even work.
    Cheers
    Jurgen

20. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    There has been a discussion of this in the Q&A threads in general discussion. I think you need to clear your cookies on your browser. Once you do that, everything should work fine.

enzo360 likes this.
  21. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Thanks Jerry....

22. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I took some time off due to opening my own shop and that the new website wouldn't load on my S7, but now I have the app and life is good. Driving the 8 as much as I can and looking forward to another winter teardown!

paulchua likes this.
  23. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Still Here.

Although I read daily, I only post once in a while. Sometimes a week or more may go by between postings.

Haven't driven her (the car) in about a month. Too busy with work, and getting the house on the market.

Sid

24. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Sid

Your car looks Verry nice.
    NEw paint??

25. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    I know this is a bad thing but I am now of an age when I have problems with change. So I'm struggling with the new format. I'm sure the new format is fine and much better than the old one etc but...

jjmalez likes this.