FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Month 1?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

32.0%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old or Blue styles.

18.5%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

17.4%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

23.6%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

8.4%
  1. stevenwk and rob lay like this.
  2. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I still can not figure out how to update my profile information. Not like there is anything interesting in it, however. Just like I'm glad I only renewed my subscription to Forza magazine for one year last month, I'm glad my f-chat renewal isn't for a couple more weeks. Dunno...

Joe

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Joe,

Hover over your screen name and a dropdown menu will appear. Click on Personal Details and edit your profile information.

Explore the other options as well.

Barry

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Still hate the "porthole" avatars! Its like looking backwards thru a telescope. This little window of creativity gives personality to the members. Why diminish that?

5. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    I am still very frustrated that I can't minimize the list of Forums on the forum page, but must scroll down through a long list of things I don't read. I also have a harder time knowing which posts are new and which I have seen. I have been fooled many times at the end of a 25 reply page into thinking that's the end of hte thread - for some reason it isn't as obvious as it was that there's more to read, though I'm ot sure WHY I can't figure it out anymore... The constant "bubbles" popping up to show me parts of posts are Very distracting.

I think there are a lot of improvements to the site, but the above troubles are all part of my basic browsing, and having them difficult has made me stay away from FChat lately.

6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    The new avatars are just useless. I changed mine and now I try the "porthole".

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    It's fine, overall but there are a few things that continue to bug me ... having to manually mark all forums read on each visit to be able to tell what posts are new when you return is irritating -- and having to reaffirm hitting the button with a second click is, too. If the software is capable of marking unread posts "new" within a thread it should be able to do that universally. As I recall, this was probably the biggest complaint when it was trotted out on a trial basis -- the old system would have new or added-to threads denoted as bold each time you visited. Now you have to check dates to verify what was there before or mark the forums read.

It is not clear that hitting "reply" functions as the old quote post did on the former software. Anyone mistakenly hitting +Quote to do that is causing themselves three steps -- hitting the quote button, hitting reply and then inserting it. "Reply" should be changed to "quote" and "+quote" should probably be renamed, although the + would still work, I suppose.

enzo thecat likes this.
  8. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    I tend to agree.

9. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I am new to Ferrari Chat so I have very limited experience with the old format. I just posted a question and found the site very easy to work with. I really like Model Specific breakdown. That is very helpful.

10. Ice Cube

Ice Cube F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Nieuwpoort, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Eddy Pareit
    I had to get used to the new layout, but in a change it's always like that.
    Keeping the Thread-titles highlighted until you really enter them is a big improvement in the new version.
    However one thing bothers me, the posted pictures have become smaller AND when I keep busy on a thread, they change from JPG into PNG.
    To change that I have to do all weird stuff, like leaving the thread, refreshing the page and then go back in the thread, but that doesn't always work.
    Is there some kind of bug or it's that part of the new format ?

greetz,

Eddy

11. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'm on the older blue theme.
    I can't find anything new to like.
    My complaints are the same as mentioned by other folks
    with the added emphasis - the search really, really sux worse than the old site and I tend to search a bit. I shouldn't have to rely on google to find older posts. Google isn't ideal either.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  12. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just roll with it. I'm here for the people, not the software. Reminds me of...

13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Are we going back? Does it make a real difference.

Its roughly the same for me. I don't like how section are broken up by large blue bands for t,he sponsors now. It visually makes it harder to seemwhich section you are in. Just annoying really but in the grand scheme of life who really gives a ****.

Using old style btw

14. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I wish that the 360/430 forum be segregated!l There are just too many differences between the models, and it is time consuming to go through the emails to pick out the model we are interested in. Prior it was easy as the model of car preceded the thread...]

15. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    as I get older change is a little tougher to accept LOL...probably because just as I get used to something and have it figured out, the new version comes out and I have to start all over.....no biggie...analog fellow in a very digital world..
    Keep up the good work!

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    one thing we talked about years ago was tags 360 vs. 430 to separate them.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'll have to see what you are talking about large blue bands for sponsors. I don't know.

18. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    It's heartening to see the commitment to making improvements based on the feedback - I know the forum change was a huge undertaking, and had a big impact on the community - but to see the forum management taking all suggestions, comments, criticisms, seriously and working hard to implement fixes and solutions where ever possible is gratifying and reassuring. (but I'd still like a much bigger avatar size, too! ;) )

rob lay likes this.
  19. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm finding Google has done a better job indexing the new site than it did the old site so I am finding stuff faster via site:ferrarichat.com than I used to. With the old site there seemed to be a lot of deadlinks to topics in Google's cache.

I must say I've never tried the built-in search.

20. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I hate it. This is my first time back since the changes. Used to log in daily. Now.... Nope. Not at all. Maybe just me as a creature of habit, but this new format is not user friendly and not as functional as it was before.

I'm pretty much done with F Chat after 13-14 years here. Bummer....

21. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    ok. just go old style and scroll down the forum menu, it's obvious to me. seems like the sponsorship should be on the same line as the sub forum they are sponsoring. it's just odd the way it is now.

22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

not a fan of the new. I have tried the old format option but not really happy with it either. I have only been looking in on fchat a few times per week since the change. the traffic seems down in general.

23. idart

idart Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2012
    How do you post photos from your computer? I've searched for an hour to no avail. Do you have to post only from URLs?

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Upload A File, just like the old Manage Attachments button.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Mobile or desktop?